2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Protection for Kindle Paperwhite
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Your card will be charged immediately, but accident coverage starts when Kindle is shipped
- Receive a replacement device 2 to 3 days after you make a valid claim
- Extends mechanical and electrical breakdown coverage
- Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 90 days
- Fully transferable with gifts
- No deductibles or shipping fees
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. By protecting your Kindle with #1-rated protection from SquareTrade, you're covered from day one for damage caused by common accidents, including:
- Knocking it off a table
- Dropping it in water
- Your dog chewing on it
SquareTrade also covers your Kindle from all electrical and mechanical failures, including battery replacements if the original battery won't hold at least a 50% charge.
Protection from Drops, Spills & You
Drop it? Spill on it? No worries. We cover accidents caused by you and people you know. (Plan doesn't cover intentional damage, loss, or theft.)
Mechanical/Electrical Failures from Normal Use
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. We cover you beyond the manufacturer's warranty.
How long is it covered?
|Year 1||Additional Years Purchased|
Drops & Spills Coverage
|Kindle Protection Plan |
|Kindle Protection Plan |
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Kindle Protection Plan |
What else does a plan include?
If your Kindle breaks, file a claim and get it replaced in 2 days.
We'll ship you a replacement Kindle and provide a prepaid shipping label for you to send us your broken Kindle.
Cancel or Transfer Anytime
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 90 days. Refunds are pro-rated after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done online or over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your spam folder if you don't see it.)
How does it work?
Call 1-866-374-9939 from 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.
We'll ship you a replacement Kindle (same or newer model depending on availability). You'll also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send your damaged Kindle back to us (must have a valid credit card on file in order to receive a replacement).
Return your damaged Kindle within 30 days from reception (otherwise you will be charged the price of the replacement).
Things to know:
- Upon purchase, you'll receive an email. This will be your official purchase confirmation. To give you the best customer experience possible, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions (see the link at the bottom of the page).
- Start Date: Plan begins on the date your Kindle ships (or when your Kindle ships for pre-ordered devices) and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your protection plan to the actual ship date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For assistance, call 1-866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
The Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle is only available on a Kindle that has been shipped within the last 30 days and is only available for customers who are residents of the United States.
Still have questions?
Give us a call at 1-866-374-9939.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other reviewers claimed that you would only receive a portion of the money back that you spent on the kindle, but this is clearly wrong. I got a brand new kindle (the same exact version I had), and didn't have to spend a dime. It was quick and easy--virtually painless. I highly recommend this plan if you are clumsy like me.
Based on the feedback on this item, I guess I appear to be one of the lucky ones who got an email copy of the insurance within 24 hours of getting charged on my credit card, for which I am thankful for because there really appear to be a lot of annoyed people here.
Some people also mention that the maximum covered price is "$99" but for my policy it says "up to item purchase price", so I'm not sure if I'm missing some details that other customers are getting or if I'm wrong. But I hope they will honor this is need be, touch wood.
I haven't had to claim this yet and honestly hope I don't need to? I think so far I'm quite relieved that I have gotten what I paid for, even though I was charged immediately so there was a window of wasted time during the Kindle shipment. But they do tell you that up front, so it's alright, I was expecting that.
The true test of this will be the process of "approving a replacement" should that need arise, as with every other insurance plan.
No argument, no questions. Just terrific service BY PHONE.