In a world gone "condo," apartment building 227 is much more than just a street address--it's a haven from the fast-paced life of Washington D.C. for its many tenants. Through the good times and the bad, through rent hikes and garbage strikes, the tenants of 227 are a close-knit, tough, not always harmonious family, and Mary Jenkins is the "thread" that keeps them together.
- 1. PilotOctober 25, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary may be faced with eviction when 227's stingy landlord dies, and her nemesis Sandra is in line to inherit the building.
- 2. A Daughter Is A Precious ThingNovember 29, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Mary can't solve daughter Brenda's boy problems, Brenda enlists the aid of an expert -- Mary's nemesis, Sandra, their sultry, sexy and "man-wise" neighbor.
- 3. Young Man With A JobMay 2, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishYoung Calvin's unemployment has gotten everyone at 227 so concerned, that Mary badgers husband Lester into hiring him. But when Lester is forced to fire the awkward teenager, the residents explode.
- 4. The RefrigeratorOctober 4, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter Mary's refrigerator breaks down, her sly neighbor Sandra agrees to use her "influence" on their landlord to get her a new one--in exchange for Mary lending her apartment to Sandra for a party.
- 5. HonestySeptember 13, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary hits a parked car and leaves a note, then the car is totaled by a hit and run driver. She must convince Sandra to try and calm the man down and prevent him from pressing charges.
- 6. Mary's BrotherSeptember 20, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary fires Cupid's arrow at her brother Lewis and best friend Rose, but she misses the mark when Lewis sets his own sights on resident vamp Sandra.
- 7. Family HeroSeptember 27, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBrenda's genealogy assignment triggers a war between her mother Mary and neighbor Sandra over famous ancestors--but Mary's pride soon goes AWOL when she learns her family tree has root rot.
- 8. Do You Love Me?October 18, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary and Sandra get a different view of womanhood when Mary attempts to rekindle lost love by "steppin' out" with husband Lester, while party-happy Sandra is homebound with her six-year-old niece.
- 9. Brenda's Last DateJanuary 10, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishEveryone's abuzz when the "birds and the bees" invade 227, but Brenda and Calvin may wind up getting stung when Mary discovers their secret rendezvous.
- 10. A Letter To The PresidentNovember 8, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary's friends head for the highway after she implicates them in a letter to the President about a pothole--but they make a quick U-turn when they learn the President is coming to fill in the hole.
- 11. The Sidewalk SaleNovember 1, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary gets caught up in the fervor of a sidewalk sale to help the new landlady Rose pay for building repairs. But she sells Lester's favorite lamp--unaware that he's stashed the sale's proceeds in it.
- 12. Pity The Poor Working GirlNovember 15, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary begins to fret when Sandra--fired from her previous job because of a boss' jealous wife--lands a position at Lester's construction firm.
- 13. Football WidowNovember 22, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishTrying to tackle the loneliness of football widowhood, Mary snags tickets to the big game--but she fumbles her chance to score points with Lester when she insists on going along.
- 14. The Big Piano PlayoffDecember 6, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Mary buys a piano, Rose peddles her teaching services to both her and Sandra--and the two pupils' rivalry inspires a competitive recital to determine who's learned more in three weeks.
- 15. Mary's ChristmasDecember 13, 198524minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen their church loses its lease, Mary coaxes Lester into supervising its move to a new location. But the members are left without a church on Christmas, when the building mysteriously disappears.
- 16. The Bed Of Rose'sJanuary 3, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary and Sandra offer differing opinions when Rose is asked to spend the weekend in New York with the man of her dreams--who also happens to be one of Sandra's ex-nightmares.
- 17. A Young Man's FancyJanuary 17, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Calvin stays at the Jenkins' for the weekend, he misreads Sandra's attempts to cheer him up and falls madly in love with her, putting Mary in an awkward position.
- 18. We The PeopleJanuary 31, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Lester's supposedly wealthy friend mysteriously accepts work as the building handyman, Mary sets out to find his real motive, and accidentally unveils more than one skeleton in his "closet."
- 19. The Redecorating BluesFebruary 7, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishLester's dreams of cashing in his bonus from work for a new sports car come to a screeching halt, when burglars break in and clean out the apartment--fueling Mary's desire to get new furniture.
- 20. Slam DunkedFebruary 21, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary and Brenda cry foul when Sandra hooks up with a pro basketball player whose arrogant moves and behind-the-back "passes" rub off on impressionable Calvin.
- 21. Fifty Big OnesFebruary 14, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary and Lester throw an extravagant bash for her parents' 50th wedding anniversary, only to find that the guests of honor aren't speaking to each other.
- 22. Pick SixMarch 7, 198624minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMary gambles her relationship with Rose and Pearl when she belittles their passion for the lottery. The odds of losing their friendship increase when Sandra sees Mary buy her own ticket.
4.8 out of 5 stars
533 global ratings
- 86% of reviews have 5 stars
- 11% of reviews have 4 stars
- 2% of reviews have 3 stars
- 0% of reviews have 2 stars
- 1% of reviews have 1 stars