33 Strategies of War Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
33 Strategies of War is a comprehensive guide to the subtle social game of everyday life, informed by the most ingenious and effective military principles in war. It's the I-Ching of conflict, the contemporary companion to Sun Tzu's The Art of War, and is abundantly illustrated with examples from history, including the folly and genius of everyone from Napoleon to Margaret Thatcher, Hannibal to Ulysses S. Grant, movie moguls to samurai swordsmen.
- Click above for unlimited listening to select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection — yours to keep (you'll use your first credit now).
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
|Listening Length||27 hours and 30 minutes|
|Audible.com Release Date||July 22, 2015|
|Publisher||HighBridge, a division of Recorded Books|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #812 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#9 in Communication & Social Skills (Audible Books & Originals)
#17 in Communication & Social Skills (Books)
#63 in Career Success
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Make sure you have more options than your competitors
2. Victory is gained not by destroying your competitors but rather frightening all of them.
3. Silence is great strategic device that's not used by many.
4. Take long time to say "YES" and "NO" they are the most used words but yet nobody takes enough time to ponder over it before saying yes/no.
There's a lot more that one can take away from this book however these are the things I remember the most.
Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2020
Strategy that applies to business
Strategy that applies to all types of politics - actual politics, office politics, social politics
I would recommend it very very strongly
Additionally the production quality of the book is superb. It's a book that is a pleasure to read not just for the powerful content, but also for how things are laid out
Top reviews from other countries
I prefer to read tangible books and my bedside lamp is usually sufficient. However, the only way I will be able to read this is with the overhead light on which gives me a headache. Very disappointed and will probably just opt for reading the Kindle version as an uncomplicated alternative.
Reading this book alongside the 48 Laws of Power will complement it further. Do be warned its quite a long read but worth while.
Military men don't waste time in endless debates, but learn to manage difficult and life-threatening situations with speed, incisiveness, creativity and leadership. In the battle-field you either live or die, and there are no excuses for coming in second place. While at the same time the enemy is doing everything to make sure you fail.
The assorted examples in this book are of a very high order of sophistication and geographical breadth. Good for casual reading but better for gaining valuable experience in dealing with difficult people and situations in life.