|Item Weight||6.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 1.5 x 15 inches|
|Item model number||13|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||3729|
ABN Mechanics Stethoscope – 2 Piece Automotive Stethoscope Kit Car Stethoscope Automotive Engine Diagnostic Tool
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIAGNOSE VARIOUS ENGINE ISSUES: Whether you are a professional mechanic or a hobbyist, the ABN 2 Piece Auto Stethoscope Engine Diagnostic Tool is ideal for pinpointing issues within your engine; Identify broken gaskets, bad pulleys, damaged gears, defective valves, water pump failures, and other defective or damaged parts that cause odd noises and faulty operation
- SENSITIVE SOUND CHAMBER PINPOINTS SOURCE OF NOISE: This mechanic stethoscope car and motorcycle diagnostic tool features a sensitive sound chamber that amplifies sounds so that you can easily detect the issues within your engine
- EASY TO USE MECHANICS STETHOSCOPE: Thin diaphragm and extension probe pinpoints the source of the sound while the ear buds allow you to isolate outside noises so you can focus on detecting the issue; Simply follow where the sound is the loudest in the motor and create contact between the probe and surface to confirm; Check other places if unable to detect issue immediately
- BUILT TO LAST: Constructed of heavy-duty vinyl tubing and ABS plastic ends for strength, durability, and longevity; Shockproof handles make work safe and secure; Comfortable rubber ear buds isolate outside noises
- CONTENTS: This engine stethoscope set includes a medium probe and a long extension tube; Two-piece probe extends to 11-3/4" to easily access in hard-to-reach spaces; Fits 1/2" inch male and female drives
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
When car parts become old and worn, they begin to whine and rattle and cause issues in your engine. Pinpoint where the noise is coming from by using the ABN Auto Mechanics Stethoscope Tool.
Package Dimensions: 15 x 5.5 x 1.5 Inches
BUILT TO LAST
Constructed of heavy-duty vinyl tubing and ABS plastic ends for strength, durability, and longevity
- Shockproof Construction Makes Work Safe and Secure
- Comfortable Rubber Ear Buds Reduce Outside Noises
- Compatible with 1/2 Inch Male and Female Drives
EASY TO USE
Simply insert the ear buds into your ears and follow to where the sound is the loudest in the motor.
Touch the tip of the probe to the surface of the motor where you suspect the noise to be coming from to confirm and identify the cause of the noise.
Check other places if unable to detect issue immediately.
A Closer Look
DIAGNOSE VARIOUS ENGINE ISSUES
Identify broken gaskets, damaged gears, defective valves, and other damaged parts.
Or detect faulty operations like bad pulleys and water pump failures.
SENSITIVE SOUND CHAMBER
Sensitive sound chamber amplifies sounds so that you can easily detect where their issue lies within your engine.
EXTENSION TOOL FOR LONG REACH
Engine stethoscope set includes a medium probe and a long extension tube.
Two-piece probe extends to 11-3/4" to easily access in hard-to-reach spaces.
Who We Are
Auto Body Now is a family owned company based out of South Dakota. We provide the Midwest with the highest quality auto body supplies and car care products on the market. We have an exceptionally strong Internet presence, sending out over 50,000 products each month. In fact, if you have purchased any of your auto body supplies or car care supplies online, there is a good chance we have had the opportunity to serve you.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I pulled off my serpentine belt and started the vehicle and the noise was gone. I manually rotated all the wheels and they all spun freely and quietly. I then purchased this stethoscope and found that the noise came from my A/C compressor and the noise resonated through the the lines and inside the cabin.
The correct way to use this is to not have your hand on the metal probe or you will dampen the sound. Do not push too hard against the surface as the rod is attached to a diaphragm which the vibration of the probe gets transferred to your ears. This is the reason why the probe moves in and out and has lots of play.
This, however is sub par even for this infrequent use in mind. Many mention the coupler is threaded to the wrong size for the extension it's screwing into, making the entire thing wobble around.
It's pretty bad. You'd be better off with the long screwdriver trick compared to this.
Alternatively, buy one that's a little better quality. It will let you use it for it's intended use.