|Print List Price:||$19.95|
|Kindle Price:|| $9.99 |
Save $9.96 (50%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
AMC's Best Day Hikes Near Boston: Four-Season Guide to 60 of the Best Trails in Eastern Massachusetts Kindle Edition
About the Author
Michael Tougias is a New York Times best-selling author and co-author of 25 books, including The Finest Hours. John Burk is a photographer, historian, and author of multiple books, including AMC's Massachusetts Trail Guide. Alison O'Leary is a longtime journalist, public speaker, and the author of several books, including Inns and Adventures: A History and Explorer's Guide to New Hampshire, Vermont and the Berkshires.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
Discover 60 of the best day hikes in the Boston area with this fully updated four-season guide from the Appalachian Mountain Club. Whether you are an outdoors person or visitor looking to explore the trails of the Greater Boston area and Cape Cod, this book is a must-have resource for shorter walks and day-long adventures. This new edition adds ten more hikes for beginner and intermediate hikers.
From the barrier beach on Plum Island, to close-in hikes in the Middlesex Fells and Blue Hills, to quiet walks on the South Shore and Cape Cod, this guide offers a variety of trails for all ability levels and interests. An at-a-glance chart highlights the best hikes near public transportation, for kids, and for winter snowshoeing and skiing.
Inside You'll Find:
- 60 of the best day hikes in greater Boston and Cape Cod for all levels
- GPS coordinates to all trailheads
- Locator Map and "At-a-Glance Trip Planner" for easy planning
- Detailed maps showing parking areas, trails, and natural highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and difficulty level for each trail
- Hiking and safety tips, including advice on what to carry in your pack
- Essays about the flora, fauna, and historic landmarks of eastern Massachusetts
- ASIN : B073RVLKPG
- Publisher : Appalachian Mountain Club Books; 3rd edition (July 5, 2017)
- Publication date : July 5, 2017
- Language : English
- File size : 6439 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 606 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,323,498 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am just getting started with it, but I have discovered two new hikes, one of which was BEAUTIFUL. I like getting to know different sites that I would not have ordinarily found.
Very valuable if you are looking to get out and explore some of the nature around you!