|Standing screen display size||23.8 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor,Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 23. 8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60Hz, Pixel Pitch: 0. 2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16. 7M
- The Zero frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge.
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2. 2, the version This monitor supports is HDCP 1. 4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption (energy Star): 25 W
Frequently bought together
Save or upgrade with a similar computer monitor
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Beauty From All Angles
The Acer R240HY 23.8” IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display.
- 23.8” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- 178 degree viewing angles
- Zero Frame Design
- -5 to 15 degree adjustable stand
- VGA, DVI (w/HDCP) & HDMI (v1.4) Ports
This 23.8" LCD provides excellent detail with a stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution, making it perfect for productivity and multimedia applications.
Stunning Color at any Angle
IPS provides advanced in plane switching technology for premium color performance at any viewing angle.
Zero Frame Design
The zero frame design creates a unique visual experience without boundaries which is also ideal when adding 2 or more monitors side-by side.
With an easy adjustment, the display tilts from -5° to 15° letting you choose the best sightline for media enjoyment and to have the best view possible.
Better for Your Eyes
With Acer Flicker-less technology say good-bye to annoying screen flickering, and with a blue light filter you’re shielded from eye straining blue light.
Designed with eco-friendliness in mind, the R240HY features Acer EcoDisplay design that emphasize recyclability, waste reduction, energy efficiency and safety. It’s also ENERGY STAR certified and is mercury-free.
Compare with similar items
HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor with Built-in Speakers and VESA Mounting, Rotating Portrait & Landscape, Tilt, and HDMI & VGA Ports (1KL30AA) - Black
Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA port),Black
Sceptre E248W-19203R 24" Ultra Thin 75Hz 1080p LED Monitor 2x HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Metallic Black 2018
BenQ 24 Inch IPS Monitor | 1080P | Proprietary Eye-Care Tech | Ultra-Slim Bezel | Adaptive Brightness for Image Quality | Speakers | GW2480
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels|
|Screen Size||23.8 inches||23.8 inches||21.5 inches||24 inches||23.8 inches|
|Item Dimensions||21.30 x 7.30 x 16.00 inches||8.60 x 21.20 x 19.70 inches||19.60 x 8.30 x 15.10 inches||21.59 x 7.02 x 15.83 inches||16.54 x 6.90 x 21.26 inches|
|Item Weight||6.40 lbs||10.00 lbs||5.60 lbs||5.77 lbs||8.40 lbs|
|Mounting Type||VESA Mounting:No||Wall Mount||Not Applicable||Wall Mount||Wall Mount|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||60 hertz||75 hertz||60 hertz||60 hertz|
|Size||23.8-inch||23.8" Screen||SB220Q series (1920 x 1080) 75Hz||24"||24-inch (IPS)|
The Acer R Series 23. 8" wide viewing IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. With Full HD resolution and superior 100 Million: 1 contrast ratio you get detailed imagery for viewing photos, browsing the web and also makes viewing documents side by side easy. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display. What's more, this display features power-saving technologies to conserve cost and resources. (UM. QR0AA. 001). Environmental Certification: MPR II.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I continued using it for several months with few issues. I stopped using it earlier this year, mostly because I got tired of the physical unplugging, and started using an old TV instead. Just now, went to fire it up again for my wife to use. After not touching or using it for the last few months, the screen is cracked in the middle, and as far as I'm concerned is unusable. And no, this is not a case of "oops I dropped it and now I'm going to blame the hardware." I have other Acer electronics, and have been for the most part satisfied, but this monitor has been nothing but problems. Would rate less than 1 star if possible.
And here I'm with an annoying black flashing screen
The best part in my opinion is the the thin bezel which is accurately depicted in the pictures above. In case anyone was wondering, the bezel (including the part of the screen that doesn't display any picture) is about 1/4" (7/32" to be precise).
I was worried about the base not being stable when I bought the monitors, but the monitors are actually surprisingly stable.
The main reason I'm writing this review is to warn people about the backlight bleeding that is present on both of the monitors I received. The pattern of the backlight bleeding is exactly the same on both of the monitors, which leads me to believe that I didn't just get unlucky. Under normal circumstances, the image quality is great. However, if there's a dark image on the screen and I'm in a dark room (when watching a movie for example), the backlight bleeding is very apparent on the two upper corners of the screens. This isn't a huge issue for me since I usually have a light on in the room, but I'm sure it might bother some people. This seems like a pretty common issue on budget IPS monitors, so I wouldn't rule this monitor out unless you find a monitor that you know for sure doesn't have this same issue.
1) Using it as an external monitor for my macbook pro for college work.
2) It connects to my xbox one s very nicely. Battlefield 1 and titan fall 2 looks awesome in this (in my opinion)
BEFORE YOU BUY YOU MUST KNOW:
1) the monitor does not tilt up or down.
2) monitor does not rise in height and visa versa.
3) the monitor does no rotate
To me this isn't a problem since my monitor is sitting on a monitor riser. However, if you are nit picky about this type of stuff, i recommend you look else where and compare!
1) set up is very easy! can be done in 5 minutes. Simply connect the circle base to the back of the monitor screen and you are done!
Its a awesome monitor for its price!!
Top international reviews
- best IPS monitor near 24 inches for the price
- images are just straight up better on an IPS panel
- once you buy this monitor, you will never want to look at bezels again (yes it is that nice) - two of them together would be amazing but for gaming/youtube, i recommend incorporating a panel actually designed for gaming into a multi-screen set up (reason below)
- amazing for movies and content
- suitable for light games but doesn't compare to a screen that can actually drive over 60 fps
- it does tilt, like with all acer monitor stands, dont be afraid of breaking the screen and it WILL tilt towards or away from you. the monitor must be fully assembled before tilting; you cant tilt it while its partly assembled when you’re unboxing. hold the top of the screen and the stand simultaneously and put your back into it
- its full non-on-sale price - you'd probably want to get this on sale
- not vesa compatible which is fine if you don't plan on mounting in the future (but should definitely take this into account if you plan on creating a "forever" set up; i'd recommend looking into VESA mounting for "forever" setups)
- in reality, it's not a gaming monitor but that's why i have the GN246hl beside it
overall 8/10 monitor for $149
Two things I don't like about it:
1- It has a separate power supply - I thought those went out with the 15" screens of old... Nope
On the other hand, if the power supply blows, you can always get another one
On the other hand, how often does a voltage control circuit blow in a screen?
2- The menu buttons are on the bottom of the screen (like most) but, there are no logos on the facing bottom frame that shows you where they are and what they do. I had to paint my own so, instead of light gray logos that blend in with the frame, I have to have bright white bars to show me where the buttons are and what they do.
Of course, the ACER logo is prominent as all hell though.
3- This one isn't necessary for me but if you want to hang it on a wall mount, forget it since it doesn't have the built in screw holes in the back.
1. Good viewing angles.
2. Nice large size is comfortable for daily use.
3. Excellent color and brightness
4. Excellent price for the size and quality
1. I got the 24 inch and the pixel density is a bit low at 1080p. I can notice pixelation when I sit close to it
2. Stand does not allow for up and down height adjustments, only tilting
3. 1080p/60hz is not good for gaming, nor did I buy it for gaming. Try to go with 1440P, 144hz if you want a monitor for gaming and your computer can drive it.
4. Only one mode where you can adjust your settings and the brightness is difficult to adjust from there. Too many steps and the buttons are annoying to use. Not a problem if you don't really need to change your brightness.
I deducted one star because mine has one dead pixel. I didn't bother trying to exchange it.
I like the size, but it definitely has a bluer tinge to it than my old Mac cinema display, and the blacks don't seem as dark. I've spent a couple hours trying to eyeball the settings, but couldnt get them very close.
I bought this to use as a second monitor for my laptop while in dorm (currently using it on my desktop) and some gaming with my Switch.
I may update my review based on my experiences with that later on.
But, hey, it’s 144hz, and believe me, you’ll see the difference instantly.
Also, this monitor cannot change position by height.
Since I don't have HDMI cable and my PC does not have VGA port, I cannot use it all. I have to order HDMI cable and wait for several weeks to get it.
Not sure if I am going to return this product.
Its got the three major input types which all work just fine. Its got great colour and brightness and thin bezels.
It doesn't have much in the way of mount adjustment but its good enough if the height is right for you. It was for me.
I bought two for an office setup and they're great for that. I didn't try gaming or watching sports on them, but I'm sure they're at least acceptable for that.
Far better than TN monitors. Enough said
-great value (better on sale..)
-Fine build quality
-looks absolutely stunning, great design
-thin, so somewhat fragile if dropped during shipping, (had to replace mine that had its panel cracked)
-the corners looks cheap, with a bit of overextending plastic (unnoticeable)
-weird 2 part dc power cord with adapter
-nonadjustable height with the stock monitor arm
-no VESA mounting
overall a great monitor for productivity at a 1080 resolution and 60hz refresh rate
really satisfied overall