|Screen Size||23.8 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 23. 8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60Hz, Pixel Pitch: 0. 2745mm. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16. 7M
- The Zero Frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge.
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2. 2, the version This monitor supports is HDCP 1. 4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption (energy Star): 25 W
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Beauty From All Angles
The Acer R240HY 23.8” IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display.
- 23.8” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- 178 degree viewing angles
- Zero Frame Design
- -5 to 15 degree adjustable stand
- VGA, DVI (w/HDCP) & HDMI (v1.4) Ports
This 23.8" LCD provides excellent detail with a stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution, making it perfect for productivity and multimedia applications.
Stunning Color at any Angle
IPS provides advanced in plane switching technology for premium color performance at any viewing angle.
Zero Frame Design
The zero frame design creates a unique visual experience without boundaries which is also ideal when adding 2 or more monitors side-by side.
With an easy adjustment, the display tilts from -5° to 15° letting you choose the best sightline for media enjoyment and to have the best view possible.
Better for Your Eyes
With Acer Flicker-less technology say good-bye to annoying screen flickering, and with a blue light filter you’re shielded from eye straining blue light.
Designed with eco-friendliness in mind, the R240HY features Acer EcoDisplay design that emphasize recyclability, waste reduction, energy efficiency and safety. It’s also ENERGY STAR certified and is mercury-free.
The Acer R Series 23. 8" wide viewing IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. With Full HD resolution and superior 100 Million: 1 contrast ratio you get detailed imagery for viewing photos, browsing the web and also makes viewing documents side by side easy. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display. What's more, this display features power-saving technologies to conserve cost and resources. (UM. QR0AA. 001). Environmental Certification: MPR II.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I continued using it for several months with few issues. I stopped using it earlier this year, mostly because I got tired of the physical unplugging, and started using an old TV instead. Just now, went to fire it up again for my wife to use. After not touching or using it for the last few months, the screen is cracked in the middle, and as far as I'm concerned is unusable. And no, this is not a case of "oops I dropped it and now I'm going to blame the hardware." I have other Acer electronics, and have been for the most part satisfied, but this monitor has been nothing but problems. Would rate less than 1 star if possible.
And here I'm with an annoying black flashing screen
The best part in my opinion is the the thin bezel which is accurately depicted in the pictures above. In case anyone was wondering, the bezel (including the part of the screen that doesn't display any picture) is about 1/4" (7/32" to be precise).
I was worried about the base not being stable when I bought the monitors, but the monitors are actually surprisingly stable.
The main reason I'm writing this review is to warn people about the backlight bleeding that is present on both of the monitors I received. The pattern of the backlight bleeding is exactly the same on both of the monitors, which leads me to believe that I didn't just get unlucky. Under normal circumstances, the image quality is great. However, if there's a dark image on the screen and I'm in a dark room (when watching a movie for example), the backlight bleeding is very apparent on the two upper corners of the screens. This isn't a huge issue for me since I usually have a light on in the room, but I'm sure it might bother some people. This seems like a pretty common issue on budget IPS monitors, so I wouldn't rule this monitor out unless you find a monitor that you know for sure doesn't have this same issue.
1) Using it as an external monitor for my macbook pro for college work.
2) It connects to my xbox one s very nicely. Battlefield 1 and titan fall 2 looks awesome in this (in my opinion)
BEFORE YOU BUY YOU MUST KNOW:
1) the monitor does not tilt up or down.
2) monitor does not rise in height and visa versa.
3) the monitor does no rotate
To me this isn't a problem since my monitor is sitting on a monitor riser. However, if you are nit picky about this type of stuff, i recommend you look else where and compare!
1) set up is very easy! can be done in 5 minutes. Simply connect the circle base to the back of the monitor screen and you are done!
Its a awesome monitor for its price!!
Simple simple assembly (or taking it apart)
Works beautifully with MacBook Air
REVISED AND WARNING FOR MACBOOK PRO 2017 USERS:
The monitor, which worked beautifully with a MacBook Air, does NOT work with a MacBook Pro 2017. Acer must service it with a firmware update. You have to send the monitor back to them. Buyer beware.
Top international reviews
- best IPS monitor near 24 inches for the price
- images are just straight up better on an IPS panel
- once you buy this monitor, you will never want to look at bezels again (yes it is that nice) - two of them together would be amazing but for gaming/youtube, i recommend incorporating a panel actually designed for gaming into a multi-screen set up (reason below)
- amazing for movies and content
- suitable for light games but doesn't compare to a screen that can actually drive over 60 fps
- it does tilt, like with all acer monitor stands, dont be afraid of breaking the screen and it WILL tilt towards or away from you. the monitor must be fully assembled before tilting; you cant tilt it while its partly assembled when you’re unboxing. hold the top of the screen and the stand simultaneously and put your back into it
- its full non-on-sale price - you'd probably want to get this on sale
- not vesa compatible which is fine if you don't plan on mounting in the future (but should definitely take this into account if you plan on creating a "forever" set up; i'd recommend looking into VESA mounting for "forever" setups)
- in reality, it's not a gaming monitor but that's why i have the GN246hl beside it
overall 8/10 monitor for $149
I like the size, but it definitely has a bluer tinge to it than my old Mac cinema display, and the blacks don't seem as dark. I've spent a couple hours trying to eyeball the settings, but couldnt get them very close.
I bought this to use as a second monitor for my laptop while in dorm (currently using it on my desktop) and some gaming with my Switch.
I may update my review based on my experiences with that later on.
1. Good viewing angles.
2. Nice large size is comfortable for daily use.
3. Excellent color and brightness
4. Excellent price for the size and quality
1. I got the 24 inch and the pixel density is a bit low at 1080p. I can notice pixelation when I sit close to it
2. Stand does not allow for up and down height adjustments, only tilting
3. 1080p/60hz is not good for gaming, nor did I buy it for gaming. Try to go with 1440P, 144hz if you want a monitor for gaming and your computer can drive it.
4. Only one mode where you can adjust your settings and the brightness is difficult to adjust from there. Too many steps and the buttons are annoying to use. Not a problem if you don't really need to change your brightness.
I deducted one star because mine has one dead pixel. I didn't bother trying to exchange it.
But, hey, it’s 144hz, and believe me, you’ll see the difference instantly.
Its got the three major input types which all work just fine. Its got great colour and brightness and thin bezels.
It doesn't have much in the way of mount adjustment but its good enough if the height is right for you. It was for me.
I bought two for an office setup and they're great for that. I didn't try gaming or watching sports on them, but I'm sure they're at least acceptable for that.
Far better than TN monitors. Enough said
-great value (better on sale..)
-Fine build quality
-looks absolutely stunning, great design
-thin, so somewhat fragile if dropped during shipping, (had to replace mine that had its panel cracked)
-the corners looks cheap, with a bit of overextending plastic (unnoticeable)
-weird 2 part dc power cord with adapter
-nonadjustable height with the stock monitor arm
-no VESA mounting
overall a great monitor for productivity at a 1080 resolution and 60hz refresh rate
really satisfied overall
It does a pretty decent job and the only issue I noticed is the afterglow on some colour-saturated high-contrast images (I rotated 3D models and yellow trail was following the rotating shape).