Achieving durable disease resistance in cereals 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Achieving durable disease resistance in cereals provides an authoritative review of key advances, from better understanding of pathogen biology/epidemiology and plant-pathogen interactions, to identifying sources of resistance and advances in techniques for breeding new varieties. This collection offers a comprehensive review of research on achieving durable resistance to diseases such as Fusarium head blight, Septoria tritici blotch, Septoria nodorum blotch, tan spot, blast, BYDV and Ramularia.
Edited by Professor Richard Oliver, Curtin University, Australia, Achieving durable disease resistance in cereals will be an excellent reference for researchers in cereal science, arable farmers, government and private sector agencies supporting cereal production and companies supplying the cereals sector (e.g. seed companies). It complements Integrated disease management of wheat and barley, also edited by Professor Oliver, published by Burleigh Dodds Science in 2018.
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
"The proposed collection of chapters by leading scientists broadly covers all aspects of durable resistance in cereals and represents one of the most comprehensive resources available to scientists on this topic. It will serve as a key reference on disease resistance for many years to come. I am very much looking forward to having a personal copy on my desk."
Mark E. Sorrells, School of Integrative Plant Science, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, USA
From the Publisher
NEW - Achieving durable disease resistance in cereals
- Provides an authoritative review of the key developments in achieving durable disease resistance in cereal crops
- Comprehensive coverage of the major diseases that affect cereal crops (leaf rust, Fusarium head blight, Septoria tritici blotch, tan spot, powdery mildew)
- Assesses the key challenges in breeding durable disease-resistant cereals faced globally, with dedicated chapters to the regional strategies established by North America, Latin America, North-west Europe, North Africa and West Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indo-Gangetic Plain
- ASIN : B09JKK4ZW5
- Publisher : Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing; 1st edition (October 19, 2021)
- Publication date : October 19, 2021
- Language : English
- File size : 32843 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 1466 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|