Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Aditya Agashe
Customers Also Bought Items By
***Swipe to Unlock was updated in 2020 to include over 50 pages of new content to cover the latest developments in the world of tech.*** We highly recommend buying our book directly from Amazon rather than a third-party seller as it's the only way to ensure you get the latest version.
This #1 Amazon Business Bestseller won a medal from the North American Book Awards and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Business Insider. Swipe to Unlock was touted as "our generation's Rosetta Stone for enabling anyone to peer into the technology changing everyday life" by Jeremy Schifeling.
- How does Spotify determine what songs to recommend to you?
- How did KaiOS become the third largest mobile operating system in just two years since launching?
- Why does Amazon offer free shipping with Prime if it loses them money?
- How did a single typo take down 20% of the internet?
- Why did Microsoft acquire LinkedIn?
Topics Covered: Software Development, Business Models & Strategies, Economics, Hacking & Security, Hardware & Robots, The Internet, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Technology Policy, Emerging Markets, Future Trends, and much more!
Featured Companies: Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Spotify, Uber, WeChat, Yelp, Tinder, Washington Post, Grab, Toyota, GoJek, Samsung, Salesforce, M-Pesa, Quora, KaiOS, Twitter, Tesla, ByteDance, Airbnb, Robinhood, Adobe, Alibaba, Netflix, Paytm, Target, and many more!
Unlock the answers you need to ace your tech interviews or become a better-educated digital citizen.
Some experts say that cryptocurrencies and blockchains are just a scam; others say they’re “the most important invention since the internet.” It’s hard to tell who’s right. Authored by Product Managers from Google, Microsoft, and Facebook, Bubble or Revolution cuts through the hype to offer a balanced, comprehensive, and accessible analysis of blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
You’ll learn the core concepts of these technologies and understand their strengths and weaknesses from real-world case studies; dive deep into their technical, economic, political, and legal complexities; and gain insights about their future from exclusive interviews with dozens of tech industry leaders. No coding or math needed!
Are cryptocurrencies and blockchains a bubble or a revolution? We’ll help you decide for yourself.
Bitcoin and the blockchain
- How Bitcoin and blockchains work from a technical perspective with no assumed technical knowledge
- Satoshi Nakamoto and the history of Bitcoin, the original blockchain
- A thorough overview of crucial crypto concepts (eg. blocks, keys, mining, nodes, etc.)
- Frameworks for understanding when it actually makes sense to use blockchain
- Major application scenarios for blockchain and cryptocurrencies and where it'll fall flat
Public blockchains and altcoins
- Emerging trends in blockchain technology
- What you should know before buying any cryptocurrency
- An overview of Etherum and smart contracts
- An overview of the strengths and weaknesses of the top altcoins and stable coins, including Monero (XMR), Tether (USDT), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Alternatives to blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- New kinds of decentralized ledger technology (dlt)
- The economics of both traditional payment methods and cryptocurrencies
- Cryptocurrency security best practices and major breach case studies
- How blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and traditional banking and finance will interact with one another in the future
- Public blockchains vs private blockchains
- Limitations and shortcomings of public blockchains and cryptocurrencies
- The role of blockchain in the strategy of top tech companies like Facebook and Microsoft
- Case studies of how non-tech companies are effectively utilizing blockchain (eg. Walmart using it to prevent foodborne illness)
- Business blockchain case studies ranging from gaming (e.g. Xbox) to cloud services (e.g. Microsoft Azure’s blockchain-as-a-service and Amazon’s AWS offering)
- Blockchain’s use for big data, internet of things (IoT), and machine learning (ML)
Cryptocurrency regulation and policy
- ICOs vs STOs vs IPOs
- ICOs’ status as securities
- The SEC’s STO rules and Reg A+/CF/D/S