Adventures Of Ozzie & Harriet, Volume 19
Enhance your purchase
|Format||Multiple Formats, Full Screen, NTSC|
|Contributor||Ricky Nelson, David Nelson, Ozzie Nelson, Harriet Nelson, Various|
|Number Of Discs||1|
These four hilarious episodes about 'America's Favorite Family' span 14 years of our national fascination with the Nelsons - a reminder of all the gentle humor and wacky situations that centered around their home, their neighborhood and favorite malt shop. Many of these episodes contain the original commercials - a rare treat in itself!
The Exploding Book: Wally does his very best to sabotage his best friend Dave, when they find themselves in competition for a pretty coed.
E.S.P.: A bump on the head turns Ozzie into a psychic marvel!
An Old Friend Of June's: Dave's vivacious new secretary has his young bride, June, feeling a bit insecure.
The Prowler: Ozzie fabricates a story to avoid a bridge date with the Randolphs, but quickly comes to regret it.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : NR (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 5.5 x 0.75 inches; 2.93 Ounces
- Item model number : 29112571
- Director : Various
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Full Screen, NTSC
- Run time : 1 hour and 51 minutes
- Release date : October 8, 2013
- Actors : Ozzie Nelson, Harriet Nelson, David Nelson, Ricky Nelson
- Studio : Alpha Video
- ASIN : B00EI3XOKS
- Country of Origin : USA
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #224,100 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #25,342 in Comedy (Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here what’s I like about this set:
1. Seeing episodes that are new to me, since I wasn't alive when this show originally aired.
2. The majority of these episodes are when David and Ricky are in college or Ricky is about to enter college, so this balances out my collection that didn't have many from the later seasons.
3. Purely aesthetics, but the menu is designed in an atomic mid century style that suits the era while being functional.
However the set features 3 episodes from seasons 1 and 2, the rest are 6-9. Where’s at least one episode from seasons 3-5? Everyone has different ideas of which episodes could have been added & limited to 24, it’s a tough choice. Yet you don’t really get to see the show when the stories had (in my opinion) stronger writing than the later seasons and showcased more comedy from Ozzie and Harriet, who understandably stepped back in many of the plots when the boys grew up. Also it seemed there was a lot more of Ricky than David. I love Ricky and his music, but for a collection including David, there wasn't much of him. "David the Sleuth", "David Gets Discouraged", and "Kappa Sigma Party" would have been great additions. But this is purely subjective...
A more pressing complaint is the clarity! Example, on disc 1 (The Picture in Rick’s Book) the picture “pulses” going from clear to blurry, compare it to someone lifting one's eyeglasses up and down. Thought it was just my disc but another review mentioned it as well! This is my biggest disappointment because it's highly distracting. I'm fine with the occasional dust/scratches, but this is headache inducing. NOT all of the episodes are like this though, so that's why I didn't return it.
Overall this is your best bet if you want to collect as many O&H as you can, like me! Though these episodes are edited, the plots still make sense. (Expect not to see the intro/theme song much.) All episodes are pleasant and you'll probably laugh or at least crack a smile throughout. But if Shout Factory were to release another set, maybe featuring more from seasons 3-5, hopefully episodes with clarity issues are corrected or replaced with other clearer ones so I can focus (no pun intended) on enjoying the happy times of the Nelson family!