Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $44.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Amazon Basics 150-Sheet Autofeed Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Micro-cut shred size: turns paper into tiny confetti-like pieces measuring 5/32 by 15/32 inches (4 by 12 mm); meets high security level P-4 standards; shreds 6X smaller than standard cross-cut shredders (2,235 pieces vs. 360 pieces)
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 150 sheets (auto feed, loaded into 8.5-by-11-inch paper tray) and up to 10 sheets (fed manually) of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys credit cards
- Run time and thermal protection: 60 minutes on / 45 minutes off (auto feed tray); 10 minutes on / 45 minutes off (manual feed slot); if shredder runs continuously beyond the max run time, it will automatically shut off to protect the motor from overheating
- User-friendly design: 4-mode control switch (auto/on, off, reverse, forward); anti-jam auto reverse; LED indicators (feed error, bin full, door open, overload, overheat); energy-saving sleep mode; 8.5-gallon pull-out bin; casters included
- Support and warranty: please refer to the user manual, troubleshooting guide, and instructional video before use; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- Important Note: Do not spray or keep any aerosol products in or around the shredder and do not shred items like metallic credit cards
Buy this product as Renewed and save $13.00 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Compare with similar items
An Amazon Brand
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What exactly happened:
I arrived home one evening and couldn’t figure it out what was the “motor” noise I was hearing. I was surprised to find my cats so freaked out because of that noise that they were hiding under my bed and spent the whole day without food or water. After a quick search, I found out that this shredder had been running the entired day, even though its switch was on “auto” mode. It didn’t make any sense why that was happening since it had been several days since the last time I used it. That day the “auto mode” just decided to malfunction and became “on mode” out of the blue (AND AGAIN, its switch was on AUTO not ON). The machine was running for Gosh-knows-how-many-hours, and it was extremely hot. I believe that if I had come home a little later, it would’ve caught on fire.
After the machine cooled down, I investigated it and didn’t find any piece of paper stuck on it or anything similar. The shredder seemed clean, and there was no apparent reason for that episode. Since that day, the AUTO MODE works just like the ON MODE. I fear for a fire, so I don’t let it plugged on an outlet if I don’t need to use it, but I also have been fearful of using this machine again.
I have decided to write a review now because I am sick and tired of looking at it at my house. It’s just there, collecting dust and taking space in my room. I cannot even sell it because it does not work properly. It’s a piece of garbage, and it has been less than a year that I have bought it. If regret could kill me, I would be dead meat now.
I really wished I could get my money back.
DO NOT BUY IT! It has a tendency for malfunction, and it can become a hazard in your home.
Too late for a return or refund, but I hope I can avoid other costumers from purchasing it.
By Jason on December 22, 2017
One page, it doesn't even notice papers passing through it, two pages, almost the same, three pages, you can tell it's starting to work. This morning, just so I can say I tested it, I ran six pages, seven pages, eight pages, I'm not trying more, but I will say it cut eight pages without stopping. If you are like me and normally shred a few things a day, and want the security of Class 4, confetti size shred, you'll be happy with this unit. Given the chance to purchase again, I'd choose this unit, especially after seeing how it handles six pages.
By Amazon Customer on May 4, 2017
By Monica on December 5, 2015
Top reviews from other countries
The machine features an overheat light, auto forward switch, and manual reverse switch.
It shreds paper into quite small pieces (security level 4) and I found that these compact down better than the cross-cut shredded pieces.
One tip - the instructions say that you can use basic vegetable oil to maintain it.
I purchased the "Shredder Oil" and regret that now as I found out that it is just expensive Canola oil !
Overall, I am very pleased that I purchased this one instead of a more expensive 'brand' machine.
I shred a whole bucket last night of documents I was waiting to dispose of. I love that it senses and slows down if it is getting too thick, too many papers. You can reverse and pull out the papers then reshred if you get stuck. It has an auto function that runs a bit longer after the page is through to ensure everything is through and you don't have a piece of paper half shredded still. I ran it almost non-stop to the brim and it didn't heat up. I did notice that you have to check the underside gears about half way as paper will sometimes stick to them and you just need to brush them off. I think it is more static cling than anything else. Just make sure you have it off or unplugged first!
I may invest in some oil for this to keep it shredding smoothly. For now I am very happy. Great purchase. Wish it would stay in stock for others. I bought and had to wait about a month to recieve it once in stock.
This is without a doubt the cheapest micro-shredder you can get. The pieces are small enough at just around 1x0.5 cm which should be plenty for every domestic use. The shredder seems sturdy and is actually surprisingly heavy but I wouldn't use it in a professional environment. It looks ok for occasional use but not for a continuous one like you might see in a busy office. It shreds credit cards and can handle 6 sheets easily.
This comes with the standard features like auto feed and a safety killswitch that prevents it from working if the head is removed from the bin (useful if you have kids around). Bin size is adequate and there is a handy windows which shows how full it is.
First the size of the confetti was half of the old shredder. Real security there. The papers didn't jam in the gears either. I used to have to use tweezers to pry paper jammed out. No issues with this one. Smooth and not one jam. I did a whole recycle bagful of confetti.
This a no brainer and 200% better than my old one. I'm happy the old one choked on an expired credit card because I have a good shredder now.
Thanks to Amazon Basics for a wonderful product & quick delivery.