- Product Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 3 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 15.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00MH4QM1S
- UPC: 841710157253
- Item model number: 6LR16-8PK
- Customer Reviews:
AmazonBasics 9 Volt Everyday Alkaline Batteries - Pack of 8 (Appearance may vary)
($1.37 / Count)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- One 8-pack of 9-volt alkaline batteries for reliable performance across a wide range of devices
- Ideal for household items like garage door openers, smoke detectors, radios, toys, and more
- Improved design offers a 5-year leak-free shelf life; store for emergencies or use right away
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- Note: these batteries are NOT rechargeable. For reusable options, check out AmazonBasics rechargeable batteries
- Same product, new look! Appearance of batteries you receive may vary.
- To learn more about recycling single-use batteries, simply copy/paste this link into your browser: call2recycle.org/what-can-i-recycle
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics 9V Everyday Alkaline Batteries
Keep everyday devices powered up and ready to use with 9-volt alkaline batteries from AmazonBasics. The batteries provide reliable performance across a wide range of devices, including garage door openers, smoke detectors, radios, toys, and other household items.
Note: these batteries are NOT rechargeable; for rechargeable batteries check out AmazonBasics’ rechargeable line.
- Ideal for everyday devices
- 5-year shelf life
- Safe, leak-free design
- NOT rechargeable
5-Year Shelf Life: Emergency Ready
The batteries provide a leak-free design, and they can be stored on a shelf for up to five years without losing power. The batteries are ready to work when you need them, offering ultimate peace of mind.
Use the long-lasting AmazonBasics batteries right away, or keep them on stand-by for emergency use—perfect for weather radios, flashlights, and other must-have devices.
The well-built batteries feature high-quality components to help ensure safe operation for both the user and the device.
New look! AmazonBasics batteries have a fresh new look, with the same great product inside. The appearance of the item you receive may vary.
AmazonBasics 9V Everyday Alkaline Batteries provide long-term performance for smoke detectors, walkie-talkies, radios, clocks and more everyday devices. An Amazon Brand.
Size: 8 Pack
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerStatements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Bulb Voltage9 Volts
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've also had the same problem as a bass player who reviewed these batteries. The battery is too tall and fat for tight battery cavities and don't last long enough. You can see from my attached ***PHOTOS*** that it doesn't even fit in my battery compartment w/o smashing it in and you don't want to do that because it'll bite into the attached wiring.
There are more cons for this particular usage than there are positives. They may work great in other applications but I'm going back to buying regular brand batteries for my electronic instrument needs.
Batteries were just a tiny bit longer than the ones they were replacing. This was a problem in my carbon monoxide detector... But the battery compartment is finicky to battery size. I imagine this would work fine in most places, so long as the battery compartment isn't too fancy.
By my measurements, the AmazonBasics battery is the same size as another heavy duty battery that won't fit in my CO detector. These batteries are 0.6mm longer and 0.6mm wider than a standard duracell battery.
My photos attached show some measurements... Which may not be perfect but hey I don't get paid for this:
1: The length measurement of an Amazon Basics battery (47.96mm), along side a Duracell (clearly shorter) and another brand "Heavy Duty" battery.
2: A measurement of the difference in thickness between the Amazon Basics and the Duracell battery. (0.59mm thicker)
3: A measurement of the difference in length between the Amazon Basics and the Duracell battery. (0.6mm longer)
Top international reviews
For the most part these AmazonBasics 9 Volt Batteries work great and for the price are an excellent value but there not for everyone and should be used and purchased with caution.
The main problem with these AmazonBasics 9V batteries is they are Slightly Larger than most other 9V batteries and the battery posts or terminals on the top of the AmazonBasics 9V are slightly shorter or protrude less than other name brand 9 volt batteries.
The AmazonBasics 9V batteries work well in my multimeter, wireless motion sensor, tone probe and tone generator however they don't fit or work with my wireless microphone, mixer, guitar tuner or CO2 detector.
I was intrigued by the slight difference in size between regular 9V batteries and the AmazonBasics brand so I took out my callipers and measured an AmazonBasics 9V and a Duracell 9V and here are the results
Length: 0.59mm Longer
When measuring the length of the battery from the top of the positive terminal to the bottom of the battery the AmazonBasics 9V battery is 0.59mm longer than a 9V Duracell battery.
Thickness: 0.53mm Thicker
When measuring the thickness the AmazonBasics battery was 0.53mm thicker than a 9V Duracell battery.
Terminal Height: 0.45mm Lower
When measuring the height or protrusion of the terminals on the AmazonBasics 9V battery compared to the Duracell it was visually evident that the terminals on the AmazonBasics 9V are lower and when measuring with callipers it turns out they indeed protrude out 0.45mm less than a 9V Duracell battery.
After measuring the two batteries I now understand why the AmazonBasics 9V batteries will not work in some of my devices. The AmazonBasics 9V battery is too big to fit into the housing of my CO2 detector and guitar tuner.
While the AmazonBasics 9V battery fits into the compartment of my cordless mic and microphone mixer the terminal posts are too short to make contact and therefore won't power up these devices.
So What's the Verdict? There's no denying these AmazonBasics Batteries are a fantastic deal and if you're a Prime Member you get an additional 20% off bringing the cost per battery down to $1.37 each, compared to $3.24 each for Duracell 9V's.
For my uses, I find the AmazonBasics batteries last about 70% as long as the Duracell's so when your factor in price and performance the AmazonBasics 9 Volts are a good value as long as they will fit and work in your device ... and that my friends is the magic question.
The bottom line - I will continue to purchase and use AmazonBasics 9V batteries for the devices they will work in and
Unfortunately I will still have to use the more costly name brand batteries for the devices they won't fit.
However check the device you are using first. I put one of these into my smoke alarm to replace the old one and it didnt work.
The smoke alarm has printed on it, that it only works with a Duracell 9V.
I ignored that info but sure enough the smoke alarm wouldnt power up! I put a new Duracell in the alarm and it worked instantly.
So, my example might be a rare case - but make sure you check.
Having said that, I've used about 4 other batteries from this pack in some toys and tools around the house and they are all working fine.
I can't speak for their lifetime compared to other batteries, but you get so many at such a good price, does it even matter?
Dies ist nach weniger als einem Jahr inakzeptabel.
Deshalb nur 2 Sterne
They won't last as long as the ultra-long life batteries from the leading brands but the number you receive, and the life of each, means that the overall life is better for the money spent.
They're well packaged and a perfect solution for toys, smoke alarms or any other 9v powered device.
1) This 8-pack works out to $1.62 per battery (~$1.30 per battery for Prime members). Not many stores offer a comparable deal for 9V batteries (not including no-name or off-brand/dollar store offerings). For example, Costco sells an 8-pack of standard Duracell CopperTops for $20.99 (or $2.63 per battery). Most big-box chains and home improvement stores (e.g. Walmart, Home Depot, etc.) sell 4-packs for $13-15. Therefore, you save at least $1 (but usually more) per battery by buying the AmazonBasics product. That really adds up if you have a lot of 9V-powered devices and/or go through batteries quickly.
2) These batteries have excellent longevity. I keep track of when I install new batteries and, so far, have found that these batteries last approximately 90% as long as name-brand batteries. The only batteries that displayed a substantially longer lifetime (up to 25% longer) were Duracell Quantums... which cost approximately $6 each, even in multi-packs. So, once again, these AmazonBasics batteries provide a very good value.
1) As mentioned by several other reviewers, these batteries are substantially larger in at least two dimensions than some name-brand batteries. A couple of reviewers have also mentioned the slightly shorter than normal terminals on top of the batteries. My latest batch had these measurements (average of all eight AmazonBasics 9V batteries (plastic wrappers removed)):
H: 45.15 mm
W: 25.89 mm
D: 17.12 mm
Compare that to the average measurements from a 6-pack of Energizer Max 9V ($21.98 at Home Depot):
H: 43.57 mm
W: 25.88 mm
D: 16.67 mm
A millimetre here or there doesn't seem like a lot, but it can actually be a showstopper. Many reviewers have noted that the AmazonBasics 9Vs won't fit in a variety of their devices, either because the batteries are too big or the terminals are too short. This was true in my case, as well.
I tallied up all of the 9V-powered devices in my house and tried the AmazonBasics batteries in them. Of the 23 devices (yeah, 23!), they wouldn't fit in 10 of them. Four smoke detectors, a digital postal scale, a portable headphone amp, a guitar tuner, the battery backups for two AC-powered CO detectors, and the battery backup for a clock radio. Nine of these devices use hard plastic battery holders that are just a bit too tight to squeeze the batteries into. The other device uses a battery holder (similar to Yosoo 3pcs 9V Plastic Battery Holder, DIY Battery Storage Case BOX ON/OFF Switch w Cap/Cover ) with connectors that refuse to snap on to the shorter terminals.
Meanwhile, all of the devices that could accommodate the AmazonBasics 9Vs had larger battery compartments using cables with snap-on terminals.
So, what can we do about this issue? Is this size thing a deal-breaker? Well, no, it's not. The answer is remarkably simple: Use these AmazonBasics 9Vs in the devices that they fit into. If they don't fit, then use name-brand batteries that do fit. See? Problem solved. :)
I have bought this for our CO2 and Fire Alarms, however after replacing all four in the house, three of them starting beeping again, as to indicating low battery discharge. I had no other mean of testing the battery other than the alarms and beeping stopped once I purchased another branded battery.
J'ai voulu essayé les piles AmazonBasics qui mon durée 8 mois.
Même si elles ne sont pas chère le rapport qualité prix n'est pas rentable et personne ne vous le dit lors de votre achat.
Price: a very good price for 8 batteries. Compared to the rest these batteries are the best value for money. I don't think anything else can beat that at this quality.
Package and Delivery: Being a Prime customer delivery was next-day. The batteries were packed really secure.
Final thoughts: A very good value for money. If you need 9 volt batteries look no further.
These are much better value than you can find anywhere else and appear to last as long as top name brands
Use by date of 2022 assures you'll always have usable spares if needed.