Top critical review
Agree: Poor Quality Control
Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2019
I just bought 3 - 18 packs and all 3 boxes had the same issues that I think Amazon (and you) should be aware of. Perhaps the China vendor has been changed or their process in making this product needs to be looked into and updated, especially if Amazon intends to keep their good name on the boxes. My family proudly buys Amazon Basic products without issue, but this product is not up to par. From the great percentage of good reviews, I bought, and the picture is not worth a thousand words in this case. Sorry Amazon. Please look into this; something changed.
1. As reported by some, this is not matte black. It is more like an eggshell or satin finish. That would be fine if that was the only issue.
2. Scratches on some of the hinges.
3. The top of the pin is discolored on ALL of the 54 hinges I bought. If you look at the picture I provided, you will see that it looks as if it wasn't painted fully; almost like an oil-bronze color. I actually thought there was a plastic protective cover on the top and tried to peel it away. Duh, there was none. It is a poor paint job.
4. Most of the screws are poorly painted also, so they appear scratched. Even though it really does not matter, just the heads of the screws were attempted to be painted correctly. Most vendors show fully painted screws, proving a better quality and caring job.
5. If you zoom in on the picture on the Amazon site or look at mine, you will notice a small bump out on the upper left-hand side of the hinge. This is not problematic, but proves again that the jig or tool used to make these needs updating for better quality. It will probably disappear from sight or from a distance when installed, but nonetheless, a manufacturing defect.
I would keep these, but I do not wish to buy black metal paint and paint the tops of all the pins and most of the screw heads after installation. But, that's me. I'll be returning them. There are others on the site around the same price or a bit costlier. The lower priced ones have an embossed label of the manufacturer in them. I' not into advertising hinges in my house! Good luck!