Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Andrews McMeel Publishing
It is home to some of the most iconic and beloved comics in the industry, including the classics Calvin and Hobbes, Doonesbury, Peanuts, The Far Side®, Garfield, and Dilbert, and contemporary favorites such as Sarah's Scribbles, Breaking Cat News, and Phoebe and Her Unicorn. Creators include dozens of #1 New York Times bestselling authors (including global poetry sensation Rupi Kaur), and multiple Pulitzer Prize-, Reuben Award-, and Emmy Award-winners.
For more information, visit andrewsmcmeel.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
A parody of the famed Keep Calm and Carry On British motivational poster, and featuring the same successful format as the best-selling Keep Calm and Carry On book, Now Panic and Freak Out is destined to be the mantra for the worriers of the world! Keep Calm and Carry On is all very well, but life just isn't that simple. It's time to panic. This clever collection features uncannily appropriate (for the times) quotes, such as:
* "We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic." --Cullen Hightower
* "The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work." --Robert Frost
* "I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened." --Mark Twain
In our current state of economic misery and political distrust, surely there is a limit to just how much keeping calm and carrying on one might be expected to undertake. You may very well find that getting frustrated and enraged might be the only way to get things changed around here.
To help you achieve a new state of mild motivation, Screw Calm and Get Angry brings together several centuries of embattled and embittered epithets. It would seem that across the world and across the centuries, there is plenty of evidence to suggest you're not alone in bemoaning the way the odds are stacked:
* On Politics: "The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly,' meaning 'many,' and the word 'ticks,' meaning 'blood sucking parasites.'" --Larry Hardiman
* On Work: "By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day." --Robert Frost
* On Money: "The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any." --Katherine Whitehorn
* On Business: "Nothing is illegal if a hundred businessmen decide to do it, and that's true anywhere in the world." --Andrew Young
* On War: "You can't say civilization don't advance...for in every war they kill you a new way." --Will Rogers
* On Life: "If you wake up and you're not in pain, you know you're dead." --Russian proverb
A parody of the famed Keep Calm and Carry On British motivational poster, and featuring the same successful format as our best-selling Keep Calm and Carry On book, Screw Calm and Get Angry is destined to be the motivational mantra for the realists of the world!
Packed full of cheery motivational quotes, proverbs and mantras, Keep Calm and Carry On is an uplifting gift book meant to give you a boost through troubled times. Discovered on a poster created by the British Ministry of Information for British soldiers before World War II, the slogan still manages to strike a chord in our current difficult times.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. --Winston Churchill
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson
It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose your own. --Harry S. Truman