- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Antiracist Baby Board Book Board book – Illustrated, June 16, 2020
Enhance your purchase
From the National Book Award-winning author of Stamped from the Beginning and How to Be an Antiracist comes a fresh new board book that empowers parents and children to uproot racism in our society and in ourselves.
Take your first steps with Antiracist Baby! Or rather, follow Antiracist Baby's nine easy steps for building a more equitable world.
With bold art and thoughtful yet playful text, Antiracist Baby introduces the youngest readers and the grown-ups in their lives to the concept and power of antiracism. Providing the language necessary to begin critical conversations at the earliest age, Antiracist Baby is the perfect gift for readers of all ages dedicated to forming a just society.
Featured in its own episode in the Netflix original show Bookmarks: Celebrating Black Voices, Good Morning America, NPR's Morning Edition, CBS This Morning, and more!
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
From the Publisher
|How to Be an Antiracist||Be Antiracist: A Journal for Awareness, Reflection, and Action|
|Antiracist books for adults:||This is an essential work for anyone who wants to go beyond the awareness of racism to the next step: contributing to the formation of a just and equitable society.||Reflect on your understanding of race and discover ways to work toward an antiracist future with this guided journal.|
About the Author
Ashley Lukashevsky is an illustrator and visual artist who uses illustration and art as a tool to strengthen social movements against systemic racism and sexism. Before moving to illustration full-time, she was the art director at KINDLAND and the social impact designer at LA2050, an initiative to create a positive shared future for all Angelenos. Learn more at her website http://www.ashleylukashevsky.com or follow her on Instagram @ASHLUKADRAWS.
- Publisher : Kokila; Illustrated edition (June 16, 2020)
- Language : English
- Board book : 24 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0593110412
- ISBN-13 : 978-0593110416
- Reading age : Baby - 3 years
- Item Weight : 11.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.58 x 7 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #25,575 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some of the lower star reviews talk about a few things I want to push back on:
1. How the book needs to have a “love everybody” and “play with everybody” message. Those books exist already, y’all. And they are not anti-racist. This book is trying to do something different. See the page about colorblindness.
2. That the language is too advanced and the ideas are too complicated for kids. This lays groundwork for powerful conversations with our kiddos. Neutrality, policy, access, diverse, cultural, transcend... all great words for our kiddos (AND US!) to know. This is not a book you can read and put down without engaging in some convos.
I applaud Ibram X. Kendi for venturing into kid lit with this book. Also, I know he has a daughter and I love how he honors her on the cover. What a powerful message for her as she gets older. ❤️
Top reviews from other countries