|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $10.00 (71%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
The Art of Strategic Decision-Making: How to Make Tough Decisions Quickly, Intelligently, and Safely (Think Smarter, Not Harder Book 7) Kindle Edition
From the Publisher
The Latest Psychological Tools For Optimal Personal Performance
Whatever your goal, your biggest obstacle will always be you. But how can you navigate yourself?
Peter Hollins gives you the concrete and actionable tools to get from Point A to Point B - he doesn't just tell you to believe in yourself. Whether that's about getting things done, understanding subject matter, or understanding yourself, he breaks down complex topics into bite-sized chunks for your consumption.
Goals without a plan are just dreams. Peter Hollins will arm you with everything you need to engineer the life that you are shooting for.
Half a Million Books Sold and Thousands of Reviews - Trust Him
Peter Hollins is a bestselling author, human psychology researcher, and a dedicated student of the human condition. He possesses a BS in psychology and a graduate degree, and has worked with dozens of people from all walks of life.
He enjoys hiking with his family, drinking craft beers, and attempting to paint. He is based in Seattle, Washington.
- ASIN : B095NBHCDR
- Publisher : PH Learning Co. (May 23, 2021)
- Publication date : May 23, 2021
- Language : English
- File size : 767 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 207 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #83,949 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great Points Include:
1) Decision-making affects us all differently because we are different people with different motivations.
2) Your values are the principles, rules, or beliefs that give meaning to your life. Consider what in your past has brought you the most happiness and a sense of meaning.
3) We should consider things from multiple perspectives: analytically, psychologically, worst-case scenario, best-case scenario, artistically & creatively, and ultimately deciding what is really important to us.
Questions To Ask To Improve Your Decision-Making Include:
1) What are the main problems you're trying to solve?
2) Do you have all the information necessary to make the best decision possible?
3) What is the opportunity cost for this decision (what will you miss out on if you made this choice)?
4) Does this get you closer (or further away) from your overall goals?
Ways to Beat "Analysis Paralysis" & Indecision Include:
1) Rank your decisions
2) Automate your habits
3) Set deadlines
4) Begin even when you are not 100% ready
5) Aim for "good enough"
6) Let go of your fear to act
7) Sum up your options
As it promises, The Art of Strategic Decision Making by Peter Hollins encourages those who struggle with making decisions and shares best practices for making decisions quickly, intelligently, and safely. I highly recommend this book.
I enjoyed the parts in the book talking about cognitive biases and also decision fatigue. The WRAP method was so useful as well. Recommended to my friends and family.
That's been the case with this book. Some of the biases in decision making were familiar but most were new to me.
This book exposes the myriad ways that we make decisions harder than they have to be and offers suggestions to counter those.
I discovered a lot of useful advice that I personally will use in making future decisions.
This book is engaging and most importantly, it's helpful. It's one of the better books in a self help category .