|Print List Price:||$19.99|
|Kindle Price:|| $14.99 |
Save $5.00 (25%)
|Sold by:|| Penguin Group (USA) LLC |
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Author In Progress: A No-Holds-Barred Guide to What It Really Takes to Get Published Kindle Edition
Writing can be a lonely profession plagued by blind stumbles, writer's block, and despair--but it doesn't have to be. Written by members of the popular Writer Unboxed website, Author in Progress is filled with practical, candid essays to help you reach the next rung on the publishing ladder. By tracking your creative journey from first draft to completion and beyond, you can improve your craft, find your community, and overcome the mental barriers that stand in the way of success.
Author in Progress is the perfect no-nonsense guide for excelling at every step of the novel-writing process, from setting goals, researching, and drafting to giving and receiving critiques, polishing prose, and seeking publication.
You'll love Author in Progress if...
• You're an aspiring novelist working on your first book.
• You're an experienced veteran looking for ways to enhance your career and connect with your writing community.
• You've finished your first draft and want to know the next steps.
• You're seeking clear, effective advice about publication-from professionals who are "down in the trenches" every day.
Author in Progress features:
• More than 50 essays from best-selling authors, editors, and industry leaders on a variety of writing and publishing topics.
• Advice on writing first drafts, conducting research, building and fostering community, seeking critique, revising, and getting published.
• An encouraging approach to the writing and publishing process, from authors who've walked this path.
"There are tons of awesome writing books out there about everything from creating suspenseful plots to using humor, but few of them cover every single part of your writing journey. And none of them do it quite like AUTHOR IN PROGRESS...Writing a novel is not easy. We all know that. But what we might not know is how to research productively, revise our first, second, and third draft, embrace the publishing business, and write "unboxed". AUTHOR IN PROGRESS is the one book solution to these problems. Less than $20, unlimited answers." - Emily Nielson at Just a First Draft
"AUTHOR IN PROGRESS is like WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING...for novelists." - Margaret Dilloway --This text refers to the paperback edition.
From the Author
I'm the co-founder and editorial director of Writer Unboxed, and the editor and a co-author of Author in Progress. When the idea for a WU book first emerged via Writer's Digest, I wasn't certain I'd want to commit to the effort. On the other side of it, I'm so glad that I did. The full WU team stepped up to become a part of this project -- 50 contributors, including best-selling authors and industry leaders, and a few special guests -- and they truly delivered.
What you'll find in AiP is a breakdown, and a deep drill-down, of what it really takes to get published -- from pre-writing considerations to the writing itself, critique, improvement, rewriting, perseverance, and more.
If you often wonder what it takes to finish a publishable work of fiction, if you've been struggling with a work you can't seem to complete, AiP could be the book for you. I know I couldn't be prouder of it or the WU team.
- ASIN : B01N3VXV1M
- Publisher : Writer's Digest Books (November 1, 2016)
- Publication date : November 1, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 850 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 354 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,260,871 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Author of A Keeper's Truth and GOT