Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $44.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium Easy Feed String Trimmer/Edger with 2 batteries and hedge trimmer
|You Save:||$30.00 (12%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger;Amp Hour : (2) 1.5 AH
- Power Drive Transmission for increased torque
- 2-speed control for more power or extended runtime.Line Diameter :0.065 inches. Cutting Swath 12 inches
- A Powerful 20V MAX lithium Ion battery delivers power and extended run-time
- 22- in. dual-action blade to ensures less vibration while trimming
- Cuts branches up to 3/4 in. diameter
Customer ratings by feature
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger; Amp hour: (2) 1.5 ampere hour
- Power drive transmission for increased torque
- 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime. Line diameter: 0.065 inches; Cutting swath 12 inches
- Easy feed allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- Part of the 20V Max system; 1 system endless tasks. Power for your style
- Part of the power command family of tools easy feed, power cut, power boost helps solve common user frustrations when using outdoor power equipment. Included components: (1) LSTE520 20V max easy feed trimmer, (2) LBXR20 20V max Lithium Batteries, (1) LCS1620 Charger, (1) Guard, (1) AFS Spool; Power source: Lithium Ion
- A powerful 20 volt max lithium Ion battery delivers power and extended run time
- 22 inches dual action blade to ensures less vibration while trimming
- Cuts branches up to 3/4 inches diameter
- Ergonomic grips and low vibration help you work longer and complete the job
- Part of the 20 volt max system, Cutting Strokes/Min: 2400
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
| || |
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* String Trimmer / Edger, 12-Inch (LST300)
BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer with Auto Feed, Electric, 6.5-Amp, 14-Inch (BESTA510)
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* POWERCONNECT 10 in. 2in1 Cordless String Trimmer/Edger + Sweeper Combo Kit (LCC222)
BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Sweeper & String Trimmer Combo Kit (LCC340C)
WORX GT 3.0 20V String Trimmer & Blower Revolution Combo - WG928 (Battery & Charger Included)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Power Source||Battery Powered||Battery Powered||Corded Electric||Battery Powered||Battery Powered||Battery Powered|
Reviewed in the United States on May 19, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Battery/ies DO come with it.
Fairly solid construction - it's got plenty of plastic pieces, but they aren't too flimsy or easily breakable.
Battery power and life are excellent. I've got a small to medium-sized yard with a fence around it, and one battery takes care of it all. Just in case it were to run out, the second battery (which comes with, if you choose that option) is on the charger.
There are two battery "modes" - power and battery life - and they do exactly what they sound like. Power mode gives you more cutting power (at the expense of battery life) and battery life gives you longer cutting time (at the expense of cutting power). I've found that the vast majority of my weekly weed whacking needs are taken care of using the battery life mode. You can quickly and easily switch between the two modes if you need a little more oomph.
Battery runs about 20-30 mins (of actual cutting) on the power saving mode, a bit less on power mode. If you find you need more run time or power, you can always upgrade to higher capacity Black+Decker universal battery (available at hardware stores, Amazon, etc).
As for the string/cut wire, there are easily-replaceable pre-loaded heads that simply click into place. From what I've read in other reviews, there are ways you can string it yourself with whatever string you like. Personally, I'll stick with the pre-wounds - I'm 3 weeks into this product and still using the first pre-loaded cartridge that came with it. Plus you can get a three-pack of replacements on Amazon here for about $9 (product number is AF-100-3ZP).
The product description doesn't say this unit has an auto-feed feature, and says it has a button on the handle that releases more string; the button sure does work, but I've found that the unit seems to be auto-feeding itself most of the time too. I've rarely had to to "tell it" to let out more line. It's been quite convenient and thus far hasn't tangled or anything.
Additionally, the unit can be extended to make it taller/shorter. You just twist the lock, shorten or lengthen as-needed, and twist the lock back into place. Very quick and simple.
There is a "safety" on the handle that you need to hold down with the side of your thumb before you can pull the trigger. It's very conveniently placed and doesn't make it hard to use.
My only minor complaint with this unit is the handle (the one mid-way down, not the one with the trigger). It functions just fine, but it's got "lock" points (to set the angle how you like it) that occasionally come loose. It has to be set to one of these three lock points and sometimes, if you've been using it awhile, it'll vibrate out of the lock and slip to the next one. Takes all of about 2 seconds to set it right again, so it's certainly not a deal breaker, just a little annoying when it happens.
I am very happy to report that the positive reviews are right! This is VERY powerful and was able to handle very thick weeds, tall overgrown grass, and also delicate grass. I was also impressed by the edging -- it went very quickly!
We already own a gas-powered trimmer, but it took all my arm strength to just hold the thing... I had no muscles left to aim it! This is so lightweight and relatively quiet. I'm thrilled that now I can trim around the garden and walkways when I need to, instead of nagging my husband.
I purchased the set with 2 batteries which I definitely recommend. They last a very decent amount of time (about 15-20 mins for me before it starts slowing down) so having 2 saves it from being a frustrating experience. I also like that the manual specifically and explicitly states that you can leave the battery on the charger with no ill effects, and encourages you to charge it frequently rather than letting it drain down. It's much more convenient.
In summary, two thumbs up!
Long lasting cutting cord and easy string advancement
from the pistol grip.
Works on 12" weeds for about 15mins,then 20volt
battery gets slower&slows to stop in 31 minutes.
Other batterys at higher capacity and less expensive
are on Amazon...
I didn't want to whack for extended time anyway.
Top reviews from other countries
So I dug around for more reviews and there were enough negative reviews to convince me that I'm better off buying something of higher quality.
And Amazon is charging me $23.22 to return it, so I'll buy another one somewhere else. Otherwise I would have bought another one from Amazon.