Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Bad People: A collection of short novels Kindle Edition
"Creatively creepy and sure to scare" ‒ The Japan Times on Suicide Forest
"Jeremy Bates writes like a deviant angel I'm glad doesn't live on my shoulder" ‒ Christian Galacar, author of GILCHRIST
"Jeremy Bates knows scary. You're going to have a good time with whatever he writes" ‒ Jeff Menapace, author of BAD GAMES
"[Bates] is the real deal. He is a bit of a mix of Stephen King and Richard Laymon. You won't regret your purchase" ‒ Amazon Top Contributor
"I keep hearing this author being compared to the likes of Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I think [he] should be known for his OWN style of writing" ‒ Amazon Reviewer
"Will remind readers what chattering teeth sound like" ‒ Kirkus Reviews on Suicide Forest
"Voracious readers of horror will delightfully consume the contents of Bates's World's Scariest Places books" ‒ BookLife Prize on The Catacombs
"A short, sharp shocker" ‒ Publishers Weekly on Black Canyon
"The perfect antidote to a restful night's sleep, The Sleep Experiment is a fast-paced thriller that will keep the pages turning late into the night" ‒ Steven Sayers, author of THE SOUL DWELLER
"Thriller fans and readers of Stephen King, Joe Lansdale, and other masters of the art will find much to love in highly recommended, action-packed read" ‒ Midwest Book Review on Island of the Dolls
"Reads like a combination of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Clive Barker" ‒ Midwest Book Review on Mountain of the Dead
"A page-turner in the true sense of the word" ‒ HorrorAddicts on Mountain of the Dead
"Will make your skin crawl" ‒ Scream Magazine on Island of the Dolls
"Shocking" ‒ Booklist on White Lies
"Told with an authoritative voice full of heart and insight" ‒ Richard Thomas, Bram Stoker nominated author on The Catacombs
"I have long been a fan of Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Frank Peretti and I feel confident that I can now add Jeremy Bates to that list" ‒ Reader Views on Mountain of the Dead
"A blistering rustic tale that takes the reader outdoors and to the deepest inner recesses of the human heart" ‒ Writer's Digest on Black Canyon
"A horror writer to watch" ‒ True Review
"Bates offers a truly chilling tale that reminds readers that humans can be the worst type of monster to fear, after all" ‒ BookLife Prize on Helltown
"An ice-cold thriller full of mystery, suspense, fear" ‒ David Moody, author of HATER and AUTUMN on Mountain of the Dead
"Would make a great screenplay!" ‒ Suspense Magazine on The Taste of Fear
"Bates doesn't miss a trick" ‒ Glenn Kleier, New York Times bestselling author on White Lies
"Bates knows how to creep into his reader's mind and toy around" ‒ Horror Palace on Island of the Dolls
"Something to give you chills before you go to bed" ‒ San Francisco Book Review on The Catacombs
"Excellent!" ‒ Andrew Peterson, international bestselling author of FIRST TO KILL on Suicide Forest
"Jeremy Bates is a skilled weaver of nightmares" ‒ Ambrose Ibsen, author of THE HAUNTING OF BEACON HILL
"Spellbinding" ‒ Bestsellersworld on White Lies
"Will delight horror fans who want their novels steeped in psychological suspense as well as action" ‒ Midwest Book Review on The Catacombs
"Invites you to read it in one sitting" ‒ Hellnotes on Suicide Forest
From the Author
The World's Scariest Places Series:
- Suicide Forest - The bad news is they're lost. There is no good news.
- The Catacombs - As close to hell as you're likely ever going to get.
- Helltown - The luckiest die first and fast. The others, well...
- Island of the Dolls - Come and see the dolls, but don't expect to leave alive.
- Mountain of the Dead - Freezing to death is the least of their worries.
- Hotel Chelsea - The most haunted hotel in America.
- Mosquito Man - Are you afraid of the dark? You should be.
- The Sleep Experiment - You'll never think about sleep the same way again.
- The Man from Taured - Where did he come from? Where will he go?
- New America: Utopia Calling - A brave new world.
- White Lies - You never know where a lie may lead...
- The Taste of Fear - In the jungle, no one can hear you scream.
- Black Canyon - The new face of evil.
- Run - You can run but you can't hide.
- Rewind - Nothing is what it seems.
- Neighbors - You never know what kind of psycho may be living next door.
- Six Bullets - When there's no reason left to live, what would you do with your last six bullets?
- Box of Bones - Time is running out.
- The Mailman - Be careful what you wish for.
- Re-Roll - Life can be a bitch.
- Dark Hearts - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- Bad People - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Two - This omnibus edition includes books three and four in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Three - This omnibus edition includes books five and six in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Legends: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Legends series.
- The Midnight Club Super Box Set - The complete collection of the award-winning Midnight Book Club short novels.
- ASIN : B0767MP7SX
- Publisher : Ghillinnein Books; 1st edition (January 4, 2018)
- Publication date : January 4, 2018
- Language : English
- File size : 1594 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 309 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #85,438 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: