Top positive review
Read Before Buying
Reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2018
I really hope this helps out someone who buys this product because it'll probably save someone's afternoon. Here's a list of things that you will probably ruin your afternoon trying to hook this monitor up:
1. Buy a displayport cable if you plan on using displayport, the cable that comes with this monitor doesn't work well.
2. If your other monitor isn't using displayport then this monitor will not work out of the box without installing drivers. The easy way around this is to make sure that all your monitors that you are using are on displayport (e.g. do not use dvi on another monitor and use displayport on this monitor, both must be displayport or you'll have to do extra configurations).
3. The default colors on this are HORRENDOUS, due to the fact the monitor is on a different 'mode' in the settings. To fix the colors, you have to change the Picture Mode to Standard and set the Custom Key to Picture Mode. Also, would Google on what to set the settings to as my eyes are pretty terrible so I'm not great at calibrating colors.
4. This is probably an obvious thing but make sure you change your display settings to 144hz in Windows once everything is setup, some people might think this is out of the box but it's a manual change.
- Cheap and gets the job done
- 144hz monitors are great for gaming.
- Lots of setting up to do compared to other products but at least there's fixes for them.
- Had to use my own displayport cables to get this puppy to turn on.
Overall I'm happy with the product, I got what I paid for. I really hope this helps someone in the future.