SATA to USB-C Cable, Benfei USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to SATA III Hard Driver Adapter w/UASP Compatible for 2.5 inch HDD and SSD
|Price:||$11.45 FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$1.54 (12%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- QUICKLY ACCESS A SATA SSD OR HDD: Add drive space to your laptop by connecting to a SATA 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD using this SATA to USB cable. You can connect to an external drive to: add storage, perform backups, create disk images, implement data recoveries, and transfer content to your laptop. Cable will work ONLY with 2.5" SATA drives, 3.5"/5.25" drives are NOT SUPPORTED.
- FAST TRANSFER SPEEDS WITH UASP: The SATA to USB adapter supports USB 3.0 data transfer speeds of 5Gbps. But, you can experience transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, when connected to a computer that also supports UASP.
- CONNECT FROM ANYWHERE: The hard drive USB adapter is a portable solution that tucks away nicely in a laptop bag with no external power required.
- SAVE TIME: The hard drive transfer cable lets you easily swap between drives with no need to install the drive inside an enclosure. It¡¯s plug-and-play and doesn¡¯t require drivers.
- 18 MONTH WARRANTY - Exclusive Benfei Unconditional 18-month Warranty ensures long-time satisfaction of your purchase; Friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The USB Type C to SATA adapter cable lets you connect a 2.5" SATA hard drive or solid state drive to your computer through an available USB-C(Thunderbolt 3) port -- the easiest way to upgrade the hard drive in your laptop by adding an external SSD via USB Type C(Thunderbolt 3).
This portable adapter features a lightweight design with no external power required, for easy storage in a laptop bag or carrying case. Plus, the cable-style adapter makes it easy to swap between hard drives without having to install your drives into an enclosure. Perfect for easy drive access for data migration, drive cloning and data backup applications.
- Take advantage of USB Type C laptops for faster transfer speeds, 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
- Create an external storage solution on the go, for desktops, laptops or Ultrabook computers.
- Access any 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive from any USB-C enabled computer, for data migration or drive cloning.
- Back up important data to an external storage device.
- Retrieve data from an old SATA drive.
- Use with an SSD drive to externally upgrade your laptop hard drive via USB Type C.
Upgrade the Drive on Your Laptop
This SATA solid-state (SSD) or hard drive (HDD) adapter lets you upgrade to an external 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD.The cable lets you:
- Add drive space
- Perform backups
- Create disk images
- Implement data recovery
- Transfer content between the drive and the laptop
Faster Transfer Speeds with USB 3.1 Gen2 (10 Gbps)
The adapter gives you easy access to your drive for data migration, drive cloning and data backup applications, with the fast performance of USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
Advanced Chipset Solution
- Adopt JM580 to achieve the better compatibility and avoid signal inteference
- Adopt Advanced PCBA solution to gurrante the solution durability
Easy to use
Just plug in and play, no any software installation.
- Connect the Adapter cable to 2.5'' hard driver/ SSD Driver
- Connect the usb-c connector to a usb-c port on the host computer
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One negative is that these come with a very aggressive, hardcoded 3-minute idle spin-down timer (15 or 20min would have been more reasonable), which kicks in regardless of how you set the attached drive's power management options. i.e. setting the drive to spin down after only 1 or 2 minutes' idle will work as expected, but trying to extend the time beyond 3 minutes, or disable automatic spin-down altogether (e.g. 'hdparm -S 0 -B 255 /dev/sdX' in Linux) will have no effect. This may be OK for some uses, but in my case it was causing not only annoying spin-up delays, but an excessive accumulation of load-cycles on the drives, which isn't good for their long-term health - especially with 3.5" drives (see below).
It doesn't seem possible to control this timer directly, but it can be defeated by reflashing the adapter with an alternate firmware, which can be found by searching for "USB3-SATA-UASP1 140509A18280 firmware". Choose the result at plugable.com, and download their file under the "ASM1153e" column that mentions this ...18280 version (not 18200). This Asmedia flasher tool is available only as a Windows EXE, but the change has to be made only once. I'd recommend using a USB 2.0 port to reflash, and ensuring no hard drive is connected to the adapter during this process.
I use these with 3.5" drives (4TB WD Red's), even though only 2.5's are normally supported, by powering the drives separately from an ATX PSU providing both +12V and +5V, and connecting the USB adapters through Monoprice SATA extender cables (https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-6-inch-Female-Extension-Cable/dp/B01BKT7FMK) to prevent them from covering the drives' power sockets..
One nice thing is that unlike with some older models, you can swap drives behind one of these, or toggle the attached drive off & on if it's on independent power, without ever having to physically unplug from the USB bus. The adapter will monitor for such events on the SATA side, and automatically disconnect/reconnect its USB endpoint afterwards to ensure the host picks up on any changes. My array is designed to power up specific drives on remote command using a relay/MOSFET board, and this quality avoided having to arrange for switched +5V power to the USB adapters as well.
These include an internal blue status/activity LED, but it's very dim, really only visible from directly above the flat side of the SATA-side housing - better than the excessively bright ones so many devices like to include, though.
All in all, these are great for the price, which I'd rate at 5 stars if not for the forced 3-minute spin-down annoyance, but at least a workaround is possible.
So I thought, if I could find a cable that didn’t require an enclosure that maybe it’d last longer and I’d have less trouble with it. This cable fit that billet quite well. It plugs directly into the HDD and into the USB port on the laptop. Not from the laptop to a micro USB port interface then translated to SATA. There should be less wear and tear and no failure with a micro USB port.
The cable quality itself is pretty good. It should stand up to time and constant usage. The cable itself is thick and sturdy. It’s not overly long but has a decent length to it. Definitely worth it!
You may need to "partition" any new blank drive . ..
If it does not "show up" on WinExplorer, but does show up as a disk on System Info . ..
use Start Menu > Control Panel > Bit Locker > Disk Management
find un-allocated space and put at least one partition there
now that space will have a drive letter (like "E:")
now there will appear a usable space in WinExplorer under the new drive letter you created.
I really like the product because it does only one thing and it does it very well. When it plugs in to the mini-SATA connector, it feels like a strong connection and not fragile. The cable is pretty short (6"), so you have to have a place to sit your SATA disk while in use. I just put mine on top of the tower computer that I plugged it in to.
Huge difference! get this one instead, it's a longer cable and much faster!
Top international reviews
Sometimes you can actually boot a Windows 10 hard drive on another computer using this USB cable. That can be very handy.
I was also surprised by the speed of data transfer...it’s incredibly quick! I transferred 1TB of data from my existing SSD to the new one in 3 hours.
Great for checking or moving data into spare drives with having to mess with docking units or caddy
😂 xD :D I'm so childish but this was definitely worth the buy. Another tool for the kit!
Transfer speed is slower than the on-board sata interface, but that's to be expected.
A good way of connecting another drive to clone the PC's hard disk from a physical disk to a ssd disk - that's what I used it for.