Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Benjamin P. Hardy
Dr. Benjamin Hardy is an organizational psychologist and best-selling author of Willpower Doesn't Work and Personality Isn't Permanent. Together, he and Dan Sullivan have written Who Not How and The Gap and the Gain. His blogs have been read by over 100 million people and featured in the Harvard Business Review, the New York Times, on CNBC, among many others. He and his wife Lauren are the parents of six children. They live in Orlando.
Customers Also Bought Items By
"[T]his one simple concept is a masterclass on positive psychology, healthy relationships, mental well-being, and high-performance. Everything that psychologists know about how to create a high-functioning and successful person can be achieved using The GAP and the GAIN."- Dr. Benjamin Hardy
Most people, especially highly ambitious people, are unhappy because of how they measure their progress. We all have an "ideal," a moving target that is always out of reach. When we measure ourselves against that ideal, we're in "the GAP." However, when we measure ourselves against our previous selves, we're in "the GAIN."
That is where the GAP and the GAIN concept comes in. It was developed by legendary entrepreneur coach Dan Sullivan and is based on his work with tens of thousands of successful entrepreneurs. When Dan's coaching clients periodically take stock of all that they've accomplished-both personally and professionally-they are often shocked at how much they have actually achieved. They weren't able to appreciate their progress because no matter how much they were getting done, they were usually measuring themselves against their ideals or goals.
In this book you will learn that measuring your current self vs. your former self has enormous psychological benefits. And that's really the key to this deceptively simple yet multi-layered concept that will have you feeling good, feeling grateful, and feeling like you are making progress even when times are tough, which will in turn bolster motivation, confidence, and future success.
If you're finding that happiness eludes you no matter how much you've achieved, then learning this easy mindset shift will set you on a life-changing path to greater fulfillment and success.
Have you ever had a new idea or a goal that excites you... but not enough time to execute it? What about a goal you really want to accomplish...but can't because instead of taking action, you procrastinate? Do you feel like the only way things are going to get done is if you do them? But what if it wasn't that way? What if you had a team of people around you that helped you accomplish your goals (while you helped them accomplish theirs)?
When we want something done, we've been trained to ask ourselves: "How can I do this?" Well, there is a better question to ask. One that unlocks a whole new world of ease and accomplishment. Expert coach Dan Sullivan knows the question we should ask instead: "Who can do this for me?"
This may seem simple. And it is. But don't let the lack of complexity fool you. By mastering this question, you will quickly learn how billionaires and successful entrepreneurs like Dan build incredible businesses and personal freedom.
This book will teach you how to make this essential paradigm-shift so you can:
* Build a successful business effectively while not killing yourself
* Immediately free-up 1,000+ hours of work that you shouldn't be doing anyway
* Bypass the typical scarcity and decline of aging and other societal norms
* Increase your vision in all areas of life and build teams of WHOs to support you in that vision
* Never be limited in your goals and ambitions again
* Expand your abundance of wealth, innovation, relationships, and joy
* Build a life where everything you do is your choice--how you spend your time, how much money you make, the quality of your relationships, and the type of work you do
Making this shift involves retraining your brain to stop limiting your potential based on what you solely can do and instead focus on the nearly infinite and endless connections between yourself and other people as well as the limitless transformation possible through those connections.
In Personality Isn’t Permanent, Dr. Benjamin Hardy draws on psychological research to demolish the popular misconception that personality—a person’s consistent attitudes and behaviors—is innate and unchanging. Hardy liberates us from the limiting belief that our “true selves” are to be discovered, and shows how we can intentionally create our desired selves and achieve amazing goals instead. He offers practical, science-based advice to for personal-reinvention, including:
• Why personality tests such as Myers-Briggs and Enneagram are not only psychologically destructive but are no more scientific than horoscopes
• Why you should never be the “former” anything--because defining yourself by your past successes is just as damaging to growth as being haunted by past failures
• How to design your current identity based on your desired future self and make decisions here-and-now through your new identity
• How to reframe traumatic and painful experiences into a fresh narrative supporting your future success
• How to become confident enough to define your own life’s purpose
• How to create a network of “empathetic witnesses” who actively encourage you through the highs and lows of extreme growth
• How to enhance your subconscious to overcome addictions and limiting patterns
• How redesign your environment to pull you toward your future, rather than keep you stuck in the past
• How to tap into what psychologists call “pull motivation” by narrowing your focus on a single, definable, and compelling outcome
The book includes true stories of intentional self-transformation—such as Vanessa O’Brien, who quit her corporate job and set the Guinness World Record for a woman climbing the highest peak on every continent in the fastest time; Andre Norman, who became a Harvard fellow after serving a fourteen-year prison sentence; Ken Arlen, who instantly quit smoking by changing his identity narrative; and Hardy himself, who transcended his childhood in a broken home, surrounded by issues of addiction and mental illness, to earn his PhD and build a happy family.
Filled with strategies for reframing your past and designing your future, Personality Isn’t Permanent is a guide to breaking free from the past and becoming the person you want to be.
Who is your Future-Self?
That question may seem trite. But it’s literally the answer to all of your life’s questions. It’s the answer to what you’re going to do today. It’s the answer to how motivated you are, and how you feel about yourself. It’s the answer to whether you’ll distract yourself on social media for hours, whether you’ll eat junk food, and what time you get up in the morning.
Your imagined Future-Self is the driver of your current reality. It is up to you to develop the ability to imagine better and more expansive visions of your Future-Self.
Your current view of your Future-Self is very limited. If you seek learning, growth, and new experiences, you’ll be able to imagine a different and better Future-Self than you currently can.
It’s not only useful to see your Future-Self as a different person from who you are today, but it is also completely accurate. Your Future-Self will not be the same person you are today. They will see the world differently. They’ll have had experiences, challenges, and growth you currently don’t have. They’ll have different goals and priorities. They’ll have different habits. They’ll also be in a different world—a world with different cultural values, different technologies, and different challenges.
The world around us is fast-paced, confusing, and full of distractions. It's easy to lose focus on what you want to achieve, and your willpower won't last long if your environment is in conflict with your goals--eventually, the environment will win out. Willpower Doesn't Workis the needed guided for today's over-stimulating and addicting environment. Willpower Doesn't Work will specifically teach you:
- How to make the biggest decisions of your life--and why those decisions must be made in specific settings
- How to create a daily "sacred" environment to live your life with intention, and not get sucked into the cultural addictions
- How to invest big in yourself to upgrade your environment and mindset
- How to put "forcing functions" in your life--so your default behaviors are precisely what you want them to be
- How to quickly put yourself in proximity to the most successful people in the world--and how to adapt their knowledge and skills to yourself even quicker
- How to create an environment where endless creativity and boundless productivity is the norm
Benjamin Hardy will show you that nurture is far more powerful than your nature, and teach you how to create and control your environment so your environment will not create and control you.
Human-beings are the indirect product of their environment. Although the environment is the medium through which humans adapt and evolve, our choices determine our environments.
This is the fundamental difference.
We get to decide the course and intensity of our personal evolution by intelligently designing our environments. By purposefully embracing difficult environments, and by cultivating highly conscious habits, you will actualize as a human being and experience complete freedom over the direction of your life.
“The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.”—Peter H. Diamandis
Time is the number one currency of life
Time is the new money. People want it more than anything else. As you read SLIPSTREAM TIME HACKING and apply the principles contained therein, you will learn to:
- Quickly design the life of your choosing
- Add decades of quality time to your life
- Achieve bigger goals than you can presently conceive
- Command time rather than the other way around
This book will provide you a mind-bending and soul-expanding experience like no other self-improvement book you’ve ever read. The goal is to radically alter your entire perception of reality and what’s possible.
Take control of your time – take control of your life
Our time should be of utmost quality and memorable. As you read these pages, you will see in a very real way, that most people spend only a few minutes living every 24 hours. Most people’s time is on fast-forward to their deathbed. This may be you right now.
The goal is to get where you want to be—your ideal life—quickly so you can live there as long as possible. You can live thousands of years’ worth of life in a single life-time by understanding the principles in this book.
SLIPSTREAM TIME HACKING will challenge you to answer these questions:
- Ideally, how would you spend your time?
- What activities, if you could spend the majority of your time doing, would be most impactful?
- What activities would be most meaningful and important?
- What lifestyle resonates with your firmest convictions?
Read SLIPSTREAM TIME HACKING and live the life you always wanted to live right now.
Erfolgreiche Unternehmer und Führungskräfte wissen, wie sie ihre Ziele schneller erreichen: Mithilfe von motivierten Mitarbeitern, die mit ihnen an einem Strang ziehen. Sie sparen so tausende eigene Arbeitsstunden und erzielen durch kluge Arbeitsteilung wirkungsvollere Ergebnisse. Die Frage ist also nicht, wie man etwas erreichen, sondern wer es am besten für einen übernehmen kann.
Wie man durch clevere Aufgabenverteilung im Team effektiver vorankommt, zeigen Dan Sullivan und Ben Hardy mit vielen praktischen Tipps. Entscheidend ist es, offen zu kommunizieren, Potenziale richtig einzuschätzen und To-Dos geschickt an geeignete Kollegen oder Experten zu delegieren. Das schafft Vertrauen, fördert die Motivation und bringt mehr Zeit für Dinge, die einem am Herzen liegen!