Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
Want to impress your buddies at the bar?
Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering?
Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, true crime, and the paranormal?
Pick up Interesting Stories for Curious People, the ultimate guidebook for a plethora of interesting facts about a whole bunch of several different topics. A quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
Here you will find out:
- How did a Frenchman successfully use a spontaneous combustion defense during a murder trial?
- How did a German teenager help end the Cold War?
- Why did some really smart guys think foam houses would be the wave of the future?
- What is a chupacabra and why are there two of them?
- Did Cleopatra really die from a snake bite?
You’ll be glued to the pages of this book reading interesting fact after interesting fact as Interesting Stories for Curious People brings you the in-depth knowledge of some things you may have heard about and always wondered, but now will learn the truth. You’ll finally be able to separate fact from fiction and will be surprised to learn that some of the things you’ve been told, even by your teachers, was just plain wrong!
Whether you are a trivia maven or just a person who likes to learn new things, you’ll learn something new and find yourself entertained as you discover some of the most fascination criminals, ghost stories, strange habits of historical figures, and just weird things that are a part of our world. So open this book and your mind and see another side of things that you may not know existed.
Want to impress your coworkers at the next after-work? Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering? Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, true crime, and everything in between?
Pick up The Big Fat Book of Juicy Trivia, your ultimate source of interesting facts about a wide range of diverse topics. This book is truly a quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
In this amazing trivia book, you will find out:
- Was martial arts expert and action film star Bruce Lee the victim of a curse?
- How did the guillotine become France’s execution method?
- What is the Mokele-mbeme?
- Did famous American bank robber John Dillinger survive his shootout with the FBI?
- Do some people have a natural immunity to HIV/AIDs?
The Big Fat Book of Juicy Trivia is not some boring book packed with useless facts, but it’s an engaging reference guide that brings to life some of the strangest and most fascinating aspects of our planet, and beyond!
The book is designed for the busy person, so you can pick it up at your convenience, read a quick story, and then go about your business.
Whether you just like to learn new things that aren’t normally taught in school, of if you’re honing your skills for trivia challenges, you’ll definitely find this book entertaining and useful.
Some of these stories are ripped from the headlines, while others come from the history books, and some are just simply random, but you’re sure to find plenty in here that will keep you reading!
Grab your copy right now and start having fun!
In The Great Book of Ireland, you’ll learn:
- How did Ireland get its name?
- Why is it known as the Emerald Isle?
- Who was St. Patrick really?
- What do leprechauns and shamrocks have to do with St. Patrick’s Day?
- Which Irish company had a 9,000-year lease?
- What is Ireland’s top attraction?
- Which movies have been filmed in Ireland?
- Which famous novel may have been based on an Irish myth?
- Which legends did the Irish believe in?
This book is packed with trivia facts about Ireland. Some of the facts you’ll learn in this book are shocking, some are tragic, and others will leave you with goosebumps. But they’re all interesting!
Whether you’re just learning about Ireland or you already think you’re an expert on the state, you’ll learn something you didn’t know in every chapter. Your history teacher will be interesting at all of your newfound knowledge.
So what are you waiting for? Get started to learn more about Ireland!
There have been countless badass women who have changed the world for the better, yet most people have never even heard of them.
Women throughout history have fought for their rights and the rights of others, defended their countries during wartime, healed the sick and the wounded, invented new technologies, led countries, made inspiring art, and so much more.
This collection of biographies and quick trivia facts will tell the stories of the courageous and tenacious women who have paved the way for the women of the future.
In The Great Book of Badass Women you’ll get to know:
- Ching Shih: from Prostitute to Pirate Queen
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Notorious Supreme Court Justice
- Frida Kahlo: Trailblazer, Artist, Icon
- The Mirabal Sisters: Revolutionaries and Martyrs
- Hedy Lamarr: Inventor and Beauty Queen
- And 10 other extremely badass women!
There have been so many badass women in history, that it was nearly impossible to choose only 15 of them.
Although women—especially women of color—have largely been excluded from our history books, these unsung heroes have always been there, kicking ass. By telling their stories, we preserve their legacies and inspire others to follow in their footsteps.
Grab a copy now and get ready to be inspired by the stories of some of history’s most badass women!
American history is full of many great men and women who changed the course of the United States and even the world. They are rightfully considered heroes by many Americans because of their contributions.
This book is unique because it focuses on the personal struggles and triumphs that made each individual a hero to millions of Americans.
In The Great Book of American Heroes, you’ll learn the answers to the following questions:
- What were some of the barriers that nearly prevented the Wright Brothers from making their historic first flight?
- How did Helen Keller beat incredible odds and learn how to speak and write?
- Why was Al Capone considered a hero by so many Americans?
- How was the “pen mightier than the sword” for Upton Sinclair?
- Who is America’s greatest hero of the silver screen and why?
- Which presidents are America’s greatest heroes?
- How did Babe Ruth become America’s first sports hero?
- Who were America’s greatest explorer heroes?
- Why were some of these heroes reluctant to accept their status?
And so much more!
This book is filled with a plethora of facts about some of the most fascinating and impactful Americans through history. You won’t be able to stop reading!
This book also looks at the very term “hero” in a unique way by including a fair share of rebels, bad boys, and anti-heroes, who were also considered heroes by many.
Whether you have a passing interest in American history, are distantly related to one of the heroes, or just want something fascinating to read, you can’t go wrong with The Great Book of American Heroes.
Do you want to know how your favorite group got together and who is really the brains behind the band? Whether you’re interested in what your favorite musicians like to do in their spare time, where they get the ideas for their music, or which artist had an exorcism in his home, you’re in for a treat. This book will satisfy your curiosity and help you impress your friends with your rock and roll knowledge.
As easy to follow as a good drummer, this book will take you through the early years of rock and its development through the hippie era, the synthesizer-filled eighties, and the grunge age. You’ll read about dramatic, absolutely hilarious, and downright odd moments during the concerts that shaped music history and defined generations.
Whether you’re a passive listener of your friend’s rock playlists or a connoisseur of guitar riffs, you’re sure to learn something new that will increase your enjoyment of your favorite music. For an extra challenge, try the quizzes at the end of each chapter. So go ahead, open the cover and enter the world of rock!
From USA history to silly facts about American presidents, from laws you can’t believe are laws to facts about U.S. inventions, this book is the perfect solution to any moment of boredom. It has facts about religion and sports, facts about U.S. geography and nature, facts about food and drinks, and facts about language, animals, and American education. There are facts about science, facts about the military, facts about modes of transportation, facts about business and money, and facts about how big the United States really is.
According to one American, “This book of trivia is the greatest thing that’s been written since the Nevada state Constitution. Did you know that was the longest message ever sent via Morse code telegram?”
With this book of 1,000 trivia facts, you’ll impress even the most knowledgeable friends you have. Use the interesting facts to start a great conversation. Pull out the random facts to make someone smile. Be the center of any party with all the funny facts you’ll find in this book. Got a pub quiz or trivia night to go to? Prepare with this book! With this many fun facts about the United States, you’ll win every time.
In The Great Book of Florida, you’ll discover the answers to the following questions:
- How did Florida get its name?
- Which former U.S. president helped the country gain control of Florida?
- Which city in Florida was the only city in America to be founded by a woman?
- How did spring break get started?
- What famous pirates buried treasure on and off the coast of Florida?
- How did Walt Disney keep his plans to build Disney World a secret?
- Which of the Disney World attractions is said to be haunted?
- What lighthouse is thought to be one of America’s most haunted?
This book is packed with trivia facts about Florida. Some of the facts are entertaining, some of them will be tragic, and some of them may even scare you a little, but all of them will be interesting! This book is full of everything you’ve ever wondered about Florida and then some.
Whether you’re just learning about Florida or you already think you know everything there is to know about the state, you’re bound to learn something new in each chapter. Your friends will be amazed at your knowledge during your next trivia night. You’ll even impress your history teacher!
So, what are you waiting for? Get started to learn all there is to know about Florida!
What do you know about the Great Lakes State? There’s so much to learn about Michigan that even those who have lived in the state for years don’t know! In this trivia book, you’ll learn about the state’s history, pop culture, inventions and so much more!
In The Great Book of Michigan, you’ll find the answers to the following questions:
- How did Michigan get its name?
- Why is it known as the “Great Lakes State”?
- Which famous musicians were neighbors in Michigan?
- What major anatomical experiments took place in the state?
- Which famous twins were from the state?
- Which NBA legend had a hard time growing up in Michigan?
- Which sport originated from the Great Lakes State?
- Which city is believed to be cursed by a monster?
- What are some of the most haunted spots in Michigan?
And so much more!
This book is filled with facts about Michigan! Some of the facts will be shocking. Others may be sad. Some will give you chills. But the one thing they all have in common is that they’re all interesting!
Whether you think you already know all about Michigan or you don’t know anything about the Great Lakes State, you’re bound to learn something new. You’ll even impress your friends at your next trivia night!
So, what are you waiting for? Dig in now to learn more about Michigan!
Are you the trivia buff in your friend group? Maybe you're just always hoping to learn more random facts to keep up your sleeve. Whether you're a regular trivia fanatic or someone looking for a fun read, the book goes beyond the scope of general knowledge into some of the most interesting facts and intriguing trivia tidbits out there.
Everyone can use some fun facts in their life! No other fact books cover anything and everything from the most insane rent agreement in New York history, to the way in which the Titanic disaster could potentially have been averted. The knowledge encyclopedia you've been searching for is finally here.
Learn how much a hot dog cart permit costs in New York City, and explore some of the oddest houses in the world. The Fun Knowledge Encyclopedia: The Crazy Stories Behind the World's Most Interesting Facts is the trivia book of all trivia books. Find everything you've ever wanted-- but never quite needed-- to know, all under one cover.
In The Great Book of Texas, some of the things you will learn include:
- Which Texas hero isn’t even from Texas?
- Why is Texas called the Lone Star State?
- Which hotel in Austin is one of the most haunted hotels in the United States?
- Where was Bonnie and Clyde’s hideout located?
- Which Tejano musician is buried in Corpus Christi?
- What unsolved mysteries happened in the state?
- Which Texas-born celebrity was voted “Most Handsome” in high school?
- Which popular TV show star just opened a brewery in Austin?
Whether you consider yourself a Texas pro or you know absolutely nothing about the state, you’ll learn something new as you discover more about the state’s past, present, and future. Find out about things that weren’t mentioned in your history book. In fact, you might even be able to impress your history teacher with your newfound knowledge once you’ve finished reading! So, what are you waiting for? Dive in now to learn all there is to know about the Lone Star State!
The United States, home to 329 million people living in 50 states, has a rich history made up of so much more than just its presidents and wars.
Introducing The Great American Trivia Quiz Book: An All-American Trivia Book to Test Your General Knowledge! A fun book created for you to impress your friends and family and win every trivia game!
In this incredible trivia book, you will learn:
- What is Area 51?
- What presidential ghost haunts the White House?
- Who is the youngest quarterback in NFL history to ever win a Super Bowl?
- Where does the code from The Matrix come from?
- Who was the President of the United States during World War I?
Each chapter of The Great American Trivia Quiz Book contains a quiz, an answer key, and a curiosities section filled with entertaining and random facts.
This book will test your trivia knowledge about the United States and teach you tons of fun new facts. From baseball and the blues to Hollywood, there are many interesting things that are uniquely American.
There is always so much more to learn!