Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Bill O'Neill
So, you know about history’s biggest events… but do you know the story behind them?
Knowledge is power – we’ve all heard that before and seen it proven right. Because of this, learning a bit of history can help us not make the same mistakes in the future. History, after all, is one big series of lessons we can apply to our present to avoid repeating the biggest errors ever made.
The main problem is that sometimes history can get… kind of boring (sorry, historians!). But we’re changing that for good.
Divided into 54 incredibly engaging and well-told stories representing the biggest and most influential events that have taken place throughout modern history, The Encyclopedia of Very Important Events Through Modern History compiles humorous, inspiring, tragic and even disastrous stories that shaped the world to become – for better or for worse – what we know it as today.
Discover the truth that led to the most massive events in history, such as:
- Isaac Newton and his apple – you know the story, right? But what if I told you the whole tale was a LOT more complex than simply a falling fruit?
- You may be aware that WWI began with an assassination, but did you know that it was a wrong turn by a driver that set the stage for the world’s second bloodiest war? Yikes!
- And we all know how messy a divorce can get… but what about a divorce that caused a literal religious war across an entire nation and set half the country on fire… literally!
This book will help you unlock the entire truth behind the largest events in history so get ready; it’s a fascinating read.
Grab a copy of The Encyclopedia of Very Important Events through Modern History and learn the historical facts and stories most people don’t know about the events we all know!
Want to impress your buddies at the bar?
Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering?
Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, true crime, and the paranormal?
Pick up Interesting Stories for Curious People, the ultimate guidebook for a plethora of interesting facts about a whole bunch of several different topics. A quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
Here you will find out:
- How did a Frenchman successfully use a spontaneous combustion defense during a murder trial?
- How did a German teenager help end the Cold War?
- Why did some really smart guys think foam houses would be the wave of the future?
- What is a chupacabra and why are there two of them?
- Did Cleopatra really die from a snake bite?
You’ll be glued to the pages of this book reading interesting fact after interesting fact as Interesting Stories for Curious People brings you the in-depth knowledge of some things you may have heard about and always wondered, but now will learn the truth. You’ll finally be able to separate fact from fiction and will be surprised to learn that some of the things you’ve been told, even by your teachers, was just plain wrong!
Whether you are a trivia maven or just a person who likes to learn new things, you’ll learn something new and find yourself entertained as you discover some of the most fascination criminals, ghost stories, strange habits of historical figures, and just weird things that are a part of our world. So open this book and your mind and see another side of things that you may not know existed.
Have you ever sat down and thought about how absurd and strange some of the things in our world are?
If you have, then you know that in just about every aspect of human life—science, history, the art, etc.—there are plenty of absurd and crazy facts that often defy explanation. And even the absurdities that have an explanation often leave you scratching your head.
In Absurdly Strange But True, we take a look at some of the most absurd incidents, people, places, and things the world has ever known. You’ll learn why hyenas laugh, what “fart proof underwear” are and what are Nazo UFOs?.
Some other absurdities you’ll learn about include:
- Was professional boxer Sonny Liston’s death an overdose or murder?
- What Esperanto language movie did William Shatner star in?
- What one-handed pitcher threw a Major League no-hitter?
- Which animals don’t need males to reproduce?
- Who was the artist that made shooting himself a work of art?
The world can sometimes be a truly weird place and Absurdly Strange But True takes a look at all the absurdness and weirdness in a way that’s unique as it’s fun.
This book is divided into six chapters by absurd topics—history, pop culture and sports, science, literature and art, geography, and the unexplained—with eight stories in each chapter. There is also a “Strange but True” section at the end of each chapter where ten additional absurd facts about the topic are discussed.
No matter your interest, you’re sure to find plenty in Absurdly Strange But True that will make you think, wonder, and laugh. So sit back, start reading, and enjoy learning about some of the most absurd and strange facts ever known to humanity.
Who doesn’t love the movies? If there’s one thing we all have in common, it’s that a few hours of escapism in front of our favorite film—be it a comedy, a romance, a horror, or whatever else we’re in the mood for—is the perfect way to spend a night out, or a lazy night in.
But if there’s one thing we’re also all guilty of, then it is wanting and needing to know a little more about everything that goes on—off set and off screen—when the cameras stop rolling.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- Bette Davis and Joan Crawford’s Oscar-taunting arguments in the 60s.
- Love lost between legendary stars Steve McQueen and James Garner.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Avengers series of movies being now considered the most profitable movie franchise in the history of cinema.
- Daniel Radcliffe was just 12 years old when the first Harry Potter movie was released.
- Marlon Brando married three times in his life and had numerous affairs and romances.
- And other crazy, interesting and infamous gossip!
Some of these stories are outrageous rumors, the truth behind which we’ll likely never know.
Some of them are true tales of shocking off-set antics and a few give us an incredible insight into the off-screen lives of the people we idolize on screen, sometimes long before they even became famous!
The lives of all our favorite stars, it seems, are just as intriguing and as exciting off screen as they are on. Grab your copy of Secret Hollywood and start gossiping!
Who doesn’t love a bit of random trivia now and then?
Or, for that matter, who doesn’t enjoy plucking some obscure tidbit of information from the back of their mind and dropping it into conversation?
Pick up The Ultimate Bathroom Reader, your ultimate source of interesting facts about a wide range of diverse topics.
This book is truly a quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
In this amazing trivia book, you will find out:
- Why did the nation of Sudan crash out of the Top 10 largest countries in 2011?
- Why did everyone at the very first Oscars’ ceremony already know who the winners would be?
- Why did the people of New York riot over the price of flour in 1837?
- How likely are you to be hit by the ball while in the stands of a baseball match?
- And so many more questions!
Collected here are some of the world’s most peculiar, astonishing, weird, and wacky facts and anecdotes, covering everything from sports to space travel, movies to medicine, Sherlock Holmes to Shakespeare, and football to pharaohs.
In simple terms, that is what The Ultimate Bathroom Reader is all about.
All of these facts plus hundreds more are listed here, in simple, bite-size chunks—with a few pop quizzes thrown in just to keep your brain ticking over! Who knows what you might pick up if you have a couple of minutes to spare?
Grab your copy right now and start having fun!
Have you ever wondered what the craziest and most insane missions in the CIA’s history are?
In this book you’ll embark on a wild trip of some of the strangest, brutal, bizarre, and most head-scratching missions the CIA has undertaken and allowed to be declassified.
You’ll learn about the truth behind these missions, finding out the answers to some of the following:
- How and why did the CIA come to use sex dolls, and were they successful?
- Why did the CIA think cats could be used for spying?
- Who were the brains behind a CIA program to use LSD and sex to get information?
- How did the CIA use “fake news” to overthrow a Latin American country?
- How was a notable feminist used by the CIA?
Are you ready to get your mind blown? Secret CIA profiles some of the insane brutality and illegal acts the CIA has done over its not-so-long history, yet you’ll also see a side of the CIA that can make you think WTF were they thinking?
This book has a little for everyone. If you’re a history buff, you can look forward to reading about the history of the CIA, albeit from a truly unique perspective. If you’re a trivia geek, then this book is sure to give you plenty of ideas. Along with the 21 stories of crazy CIA operations and people, there are four “Did You Know” sections that have five factoids about the CIA. You can use those sections along with the chapters to come up with your own trivia challenges for hours of fun with your friends and family.
So, open the cover and begin your wild ride on 21 of the most insane CIA missions in history!
In The Great Book of Ireland, you’ll learn:
- How did Ireland get its name?
- Why is it known as the Emerald Isle?
- Who was St. Patrick really?
- What do leprechauns and shamrocks have to do with St. Patrick’s Day?
- Which Irish company had a 9,000-year lease?
- What is Ireland’s top attraction?
- Which movies have been filmed in Ireland?
- Which famous novel may have been based on an Irish myth?
- Which legends did the Irish believe in?
This book is packed with trivia facts about Ireland. Some of the facts you’ll learn in this book are shocking, some are tragic, and others will leave you with goosebumps. But they’re all interesting!
Whether you’re just learning about Ireland or you already think you’re an expert on the state, you’ll learn something you didn’t know in every chapter. Your history teacher will be interesting at all of your newfound knowledge.
So what are you waiting for? Get started to learn more about Ireland!
Want to impress your friends at your next get-together?
Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering?
Want to learn a bunch of mind-blowing stories about history, science, true crime, and the paranormal?
Pick up Interesting Stories for Curious People Volume 2, your ultimate source of interesting facts about a wide range of diverse topics. This book is truly a quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
Here you will find out:
- Was martial arts expert and action film star Bruce Lee the victim of a curse?
- How did the guillotine become France’s execution method?
- What is the Mokele-mbeme?
- Did famous American bank robber John Dillinger survive his shootout with the FBI?
- Do some people have a natural immunity to HIV/AIDs?
Interesting Stories for Curious People is not some boring book packed with useless facts, but is an engaging reference guide that brings to life some of the strangest and most fascinating aspects of our planet, and beyond!
The book is designed for the busy person, so you can pick up it at your convenience, read a quick story, and then go about your business.
Whether you just like to learn new things that aren’t normally taught in school, of if you’re honing your skills for trivia challenges, you’ll definitely find this book entertaining and useful.
Some of these stories are ripped from the headlines, while others come from the history books, and some are just weird, but you’re sure to find plenty in here that will keep you reading!
Want to impress your buddies at school?
Need to think of something fun to do at Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, and the paranormal?
If you answered yes to any or all of those questions then pick up Interesting Stories for Curious Kids: A Fascinating Collection of the Most Interesting, Unbelievable, and Craziest Stories on Earth! This book is the coolest collection of interesting facts about a whole bunch of several different topics.
Here you will find the answers to some of the following:
- How did a dog, a horse, and a cat become TV and movie stars?
- What were the first video game consoles?
- Why can’t you break an egg in the palm of your hand?
- How do parrots talk?
- Did Alexander the Great love his horse more than anything else?
And much, much more!
You’ll be glued to the pages of this book reading about interesting facts, scary stories, and how to do a few neat science experiments. Interesting Stories for Curious Kids brings learning to you in a new, fun way that is sure to keep you reading.
Parents, this book is a perfect tool to keep your kids reading in the summer or winter breaks, when they’ve put the books aside and are more interested in other things. There’s a bit of everything in here for tweens, so I guarantee that it’ll keep their mind sharp even during the summer doldrums.
Whether science, history, or just weird facts are your thing, you’re sure to find something in here that will keep you interested and turning the pages. So open this book and your mind and see other things that you may not know existed.
Okay boomer, are you ready to get out of your chair, challenge your mind, and have some fun in the process? If so, then open up the pages of I Remember That! - Captivating Stories, Interesting Facts and Fun Trivia for Seniors, and embark on this epic trivia challenge that was written specifically for your generation.
You’ll take an engaging stroll down memory lane to test just how much you remember from the biggest moments in history, pop culture, and science from the first four decades after World War II.
But if you’re not a boomer, don’t worry, you’ll also have fun playing along.
There’s really no right or wrong way to read I Remember That!, but just remember to have fun!
In this book you will find out the answers to some of these questions:
- How did the internet go from a military project to the universities in the 1980s?
- When did Elvis Presley perform on the Ed Sullivan Show?
- What ever happened to 8-track tapes?
- Who was Lewis Urry and what did he have to do with flashlights and portable radios?
- How and when did the Berlin Wall go up?
I Remember That! is divided into four chapters for each decade, with each chapter divided into subsections of history, pop culture, and science.
At the end of each subsection is a ten-question quiz that you can play with your friends and family. There is also a “Did You Know?” page at the end of each subsection that adds a few more interesting tidbits to the subject.
So, what are you waiting for? Open the book up and see what you remember about the world you grew up in!
This book is printed in a larger font size.
In The Great Book of Alaska, you’ll discover the answers to the following questions:
- Where did Alaska get its state nickname?
- Which famous animal hero came from the state?
- What movie, which was based on a true story, was filmed in the state?
- What classic American novel was inspired by Alaska’s Klondike Gold Rush?
- Which Alaskan musician’s family has a reality TV show about life in the state?
- What serial killer came out of Alaska?
- What monster is believed to be lurking in Iliamna Lake?
This book is packed with trivia facts about Alaska. Some of the facts are shocking, some of them are sad, and some of them will give you goosebumps, but all of them will be interesting! This book is full of everything you’ve ever wondered about Alaska and then some.
Whether you’re just learning about Alaska or you already think you’re an expert on the state, you’re bound to learn something new in each chapter. Your friends will be amazed at your knowledge during your next trivia night. You’ll even impress your history teacher!
So, what are you waiting for? Dig in to learn everything there is to know about Alaska!
It’s a pretty popular war. Maybe you heard about it yesterday. Maybe last month. But it was probably recent. And when it came up, did you wish that you could be the one to casually drop a fact that would have everyone in the room going, “Wow, I never knew that!”
With this book, you can be that person.
You can read it in just a few minutes a day.
Chapters are bite-sized and easy to read, meant for normal people instead of war historians!
Each chapter ends with a bonus helping of trivia and some quick questions to test your knowledge.
You’ll zoom through this book and be hungry for more.
Get ready to impress your friends with your knowledge – not just of the main events of World War Two, but of all the gritty details and weird true facts. By the time you finish this book, you’ll have a fact for every occasion, from the first moment someone thought about having a second World War, to the most recent blockbuster movies about it.
So get ready to meet characters from Adolf Hitler, rejected art student, to Jack Churchill, the broadsword-swinging male model. Find out why World War Two started in the first place, and why it’s never a good idea to invade Russia in winter. Learn why the United States was going to stay out of the war, how Canadians stole airplanes for the British, and what an orange soft drink has to do with the Nazis.
Some of the things you’re going to learn are sad. Some are scary. Some are sexy. And some are downright strange! It’s everything your history teacher never got around to telling you.