Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Boards: Stylish Spreads for Casual Gatherings Hardcover – April 26, 2022
Enhance your purchase
Join professional food stylist, ATK cast member, and entertaining enthusiast Elle Simone Scott as she shares her tips for creating photo-worthy spreads, letting you in on trade secrets ranging from plating techniques to how she keeps things looking fresh on set (and all party long). Across 35 boards you’ll find over 150 of ATK’s foolproof recipes to build your board around or add that special homemade touch, from a platter-worthy Steak Frites to better-than-storebought dips, and everything in-between.
These days, a grazing board is so much more than just cheese and cured meat—it’s an interactive and low-key yet elegant way of presenting food. Show off your effortless entertaining style with showstopping conversation-starting spreads that are sure to impress your guests.
- Become an expert in stylish presentation: Elle gives tips with every recipe, letting you in on trade secrets like making the perfect cocktail garnish, how to swoosh hummus and dips with confidence, and how she keeps food looking fresh on set (and all party long).
- Gain confidence with the classics: Charcuterie and cheese board how-tos in the introduction help you achieve the perfect balance of texture, flavor, and visual appeal. With tips on arranging and ways to take your boards to the next level, you'll have an appetizer that looks as good as it tastes.
- Take boards beyond cheese and crackers: Push the boundaries of what a “board” is with ideas like a customizable baked potato and DIY Bloody Mary board, or grilled vegetable platter, proving that all different kinds of food are more fun when served as a board. And it's more than just snacks—even the grazing boards are hearty enough for dinner.
- Full-spread photos help you straddle the line between elegant and casual: The photography is both aspirational and inspirational; follow our tips to replicate it exactly or use it as a jumping-off point for your own creation.
- Choose your level of involvement: Whether you’re in the mood to cook or you'd rather pick everything up at the grocery store (or something in between) we provide recipes with suggestions for store-bought alternatives.
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
From the Publisher
Stylish Spreads for Casual Gatherings
Bagels and Lox
Create boards for any type of gathering
Get on Board: Meet Elle Simone Scott plus tips for cheese, charcuterie, crudités, and styling tricks.
- Breakfast boards
- Grazing boards for cocktail parties and beyond
- Dinner-size boards to fill you up
- Dessert boards to satisfy your sweet tooth
Get on Board with Food Stylist–Approved Ideas for Company-Worthy Spreads.
Inspirational but achievable boards packed with ideas you can make or buy.
- A create-your-own Breakfast Taco Board ensures you're not feeling like a short-order cook when making breakfast for a crowd. Set out your toppings, scramble some eggs, and dig in with everybody else.
- The Martini Board lets you stir (or shake) your version of a perfect martini (vodka or gin? olives or a twist? straight up or on the rocks?) accompanied by easy-to-throw-together snacks.
- Steak Frites was made to be served as a board—the fries soak up the steak’s juices for a cohesive, flavor-bomb of a meal. This one is perfectly timed to ensure piping hot fries at the ready.
- Bring out the kid in everyone with the Cookie Decorating board. Bake off a foolproof batch of sugar cookies, mix together a few icings, and set up stations to let your guests' creativity run wild.
Meet ATK Food Stylist and Chef: Elle Simone Scott
Elle Simone Scott is executive editor at America’s Test Kitchen. She is also a food stylist for Cook’s Country magazine, an on-screen test cook for America’s Test Kitchen, and host of an upcoming podcast. As the founder of SheChef, Inc., a professional networking organization and social enterprise, Elle provides mentoring to women chefs of color pursuing careers in the culinary arts. With her creative eye for telling a story with food and her unique contribution to the dialogue surrounding women in business, Elle has appeared on Food Network, Food Network Magazine, The Cooking Channel, The Katie Couric Show, CBS Corporation, ABC’s The Chew, and Bravo’s Chef Roble and Co. Elle has been featured in stories in the Boston Globe, Forbes, and Eater and on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and National Public Radio.
Turn having people over into a casual affair (and make it look good, too)
Chopped Salad Board
Ice Cream Sundae Board
"Have fun, eat well, and entertain from your heart and soul" -- Elle Simone Scott
Across 35 boards you'll find over 150 of ATK's foolproof recipes to build your board around or add that special homemade touch.
"One of our editors’ picks for the Best Cookbooks of 2022 so far is Elle Simone Scott’s Boards: Stylish Spreads for Casual Gatherings. A food stylist and America’s Test Kitchen cast member, Scott goes way beyond cheese, fruit, and meat (though, of course, there are beautiful boards for these too) including this recipe for a seafood theme that is eye-catching, delicious, and perfect for hosting a group of friends or family this summer or any time of year." -- Amazon Editor, Seira Wilson
About the Author
- Publisher : America's Test Kitchen (April 26, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1954210000
- ISBN-13 : 978-1954210004
- Item Weight : 2.3 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.19 x 0.84 x 9.88 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,755 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great ideas, great presentations, great core recipes.
That said, I had to send the book back TWICE because the book was packed so poorly the cover, corners, and spine/binding were damaged to the point it looked horrible; in one case a replacement replacement book was shipped loose with some other items I had ordered on a separate order - including a 14' steel tow chain! Needless to say, the replacement book needed a replacement - hard to believe Amazon started out with books....