Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Brenda Stephens LPCC
Brenda Stephens is a Professional Clinical Counselor and owns a group therapy practice where she is ardent about helping people free themselves from narcissistic abuse and learn to rediscover their true selves and live free.
Brenda's interest in narcissistic abuse came from her own experiences in personal relationships. She then began to notice a pattern in the words used by clients who endured relationships with narcissists and focused her practice on treating the survivors of narcissistic abuse that started to seek her out. She noticed that there was a great need for clients to have a therapist that understood the intricacies that are unique to narcissistic abuse.
Brenda received her education through the University of Wisconsin system and graduated with a Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling. Brenda offers individual therapy and process groups for those in recovery from their relationships with narcissists. She also offers trainings to other therapists in order to increase the number of therapists who understand and can help clients in their recovery.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Validation, compassion, and guidance for relationships with narcissistic mothers
As the daughter of a mother with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), it may have been difficult to receive the validation and nurturing needed to recognize your value—but there’s a road to recovery. Recovering from Narcissistic Mothers is filled with guidance and evidence-based strategies for recognizing what narcissistic abuse is, understanding its effect on your life and core identity, and establishing healthy relationships moving forward.
Learn how to navigate communication to protect yourself from the manipulation you’ve experienced. Discover tools for processing your emotions, creating and maintaining boundaries, breaking the cycle of narcissistic abuse, and taking care of yourself. You are not alone!
Recovering from Narcissistic Mothers includes:
- An introduction to NPD—Gain a deeper understanding of what NPD is, what causes it, how to identify it, and the different ways in which it manifests.
- The mother-daughter dynamic—Explore the dynamic between daughters and narcissistic mothers, including common relationship traits like role reversal, codependency, attachment, and enabling.
- Real-life experiences—Read others’ experiences with narcissistic mothers, including recovery, self-care, and moving forward.
Reclaim your identity and thrive with practical tools and guidance for daughters of narcissistic mothers.
Start healing from a relationship with a toxic narcissist
Falling victim to narcissistic abuse can leave you feeling confused, isolated, and in need of help finding a way forward. This supportive workbook offers interactive exercises that enable you to understand what you’ve been through, overcome feelings of shame, and move forward. Discover insightful advice, writing prompts, affirmations, and more that will help you rebuild your self-confidence and flourish again.
This narcissistic abuse recovery workbook can be used on its own or alongside The Narcissism Recovery Journal to further reflect on and grow from your experiences.
- Healing practices—Start your recovery with guided exercises that will help you reclaim your identity and set healthy boundaries.
- Tried-and-true methods—Exercises rooted in positive psychology, CBT, meditation, and other proven therapeutic approaches empower you to make lasting changes.
- Real-life experiences—Find strength from the knowledge that you aren’t alone thanks to stories of others who overcame narcissistic abuse.
Start on the path to healing today with help from The Narcissism Recovery Workbook.