Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Brett Mclaughlin
Miracle is Brett's first fiction novel, but his short stories and writing skills have been garnering lots of attention in 2007. He is a book reviewer for Infuze Magazine, and a regular guest lecturer in First Baptist Academy, Dallas's creative writing course. He's been asked to teach a concentrated course in Professional Writing for students intending to major in writing-related degrees. His short story 'Change of Heart' was published online at the Relief Writer's Network, and is set for inclusion in the second issue of Coach's Midnight Diner, a genre publication of Christian-influenced short stories.
Customers Also Bought Items By
"Head First Object Oriented Analysis and Design is a refreshing look at subject of OOAD. What sets this book apart is its focus on learning. The authors have made the content of OOAD accessible, usable for the practitioner."
Ivar Jacobson, Ivar Jacobson Consulting
"I just finished reading HF OOA&D and I loved it! The thing I liked most about this book was its focus on why we do OOA&D-to write great software!"
Kyle Brown, Distinguished Engineer, IBM
"Hidden behind the funny pictures and crazy fonts is a serious, intelligent, extremely well-crafted presentation of OO Analysis and Design. As I read the book, I felt like I was looking over the shoulder of an expert designer who was explaining to me what issues were important at each step, and why."
Edward Sciore, Associate Professor, Computer Science Department, Boston College
Tired of reading Object Oriented Analysis and Design books that only makes sense after you're an expert? You've heard OOA&D can help you write great software every time-software that makes your boss happy, your customers satisfied and gives you more time to do what makes you happy.
Head First Object-Oriented Analysis & Design shows you how to analyze, design, and write serious object-oriented software: software that's easy to reuse, maintain, and extend; software that doesn't hurt your head; software that lets you add new features without breaking the old ones. Inside you will learn how to:
- Use OO principles like encapsulation and delegation to build applications that are flexible
- Apply the Open-Closed Principle (OCP) and the Single Responsibility Principle (SRP) to promote reuse of your code
- Leverage the power of design patterns to solve your problems more efficiently
- Use UML, use cases, and diagrams to ensure that all stakeholders arecommunicating clearly to help you deliver the right software that meets everyone's needs.
By exploiting how your brain works, Head First Object-Oriented Analysis & Design compresses the time it takes to learn and retain complex information. Expect to have fun, expect to learn, expect to be writing great software consistently by the time you're finished reading this!
NEW! We've added two new practice exams to the online test bank to cover concepts in the new certification Exam SAA-C02. To help you prepare for taking the exam, the updated test bank now includes THREE practice exams PLUS all the domain-by-domain questions. Over 1000 questions to test your knowledge!
1,000 practice questions with answers and explanations!
With five unique practice tests, covering the five AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam objective domains, PLUS one additional practice exam, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Practice Tests provides over 1,000 practice test questions to make sure you are prepared for exam day. Coverage of all exam objective domains includes: Design Resilient Architectures, Define Performant Architectures, Specify Secure Applications and Architectures, Design Cost-Optimized Architectures, Define Operationally Excellent Architectures.
This book will help you:
• Gain confidence as you prepare for the SAA-C01 exam
• Ensure you are set up for success with 1,000 practice questions
• When you are ready, test your knowledge with the Sybex online interactive learning environment
• Get that highly desired AWS certification
Prepare smarter, not harder, with Sybex's superior study tools.
Java and XML, 3rd Edition, shows you how to cut through all the hype about XML and put it to work. It teaches you how to use the APIs, tools, and tricks of XML to build real-world applications. The result is a new approach to managing information that touches everything from configuration files to web sites.
After two chapters on XML basics, including XPath, XSL, DTDs, and XML Schema, the rest of the book focuses on using XML from your Java applications. This third edition of Java and XML covers all major Java XML processing libraries, including full coverage of the SAX, DOM, StAX, JDOM, and dom4j APIs as well as the latest version of the Java API for XML Processing (JAXP) and Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB). The chapters on web technology have been entirely rewritten to focus on the today's most relevant topics: syndicating content with RSS and creating Web 2.0 applications. You'll learn how to create, read, and modify RSS feeds for syndicated content and use XML to power the next generation of websites with Ajax and Adobe Flash.
- The basics of XML, including DTDs, namespaces, XML Schema, XPath, and Transformations
- The SAX API, including all handlers, filters, and writers
- The DOM API, including DOM Level 2, Level 3, and the DOM HTML module
- The JDOM API, including the core and a look at XPath support
- The StAX API, including StAX factories, producing documents and XMLPull
- Data Binding with JAXB, using the new JAXB 2.0 annotations
- Web syndication and podcasting with RSS
- XML on the Presentation Layer, paying attention to Ajax and Flash applications
If you are developing with Java and need to use XML, or think that you will be in the future; if you're involved in the new peer-to-peer movement, messaging, or web services; or if you're developing software for electronic commerce, Java and XML will be an indispensable companion.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get up to speed quickly. Learn how to install PHP and MySQL, and get them running on both your computer and a remote server.
- Gain new techniques. Take advantage of the all-new chapter on integrating PHP with HTML web pages.
- Manage your content. Use the file system to access user data, including images and other binary files.
- Make it dynamic. Create pages that change with each new viewing.
- Build a good database. Use MySQL to store user information and other data.
- Keep your site working. Master the tools for fixing things that go wrong.
- Control operations. Create an administrative interface to oversee your site.
It might be the long lines at the theater, the $4.00 for a small bag of popcorn, or the cutting-edge technology that's now so readily available to the home market. Whatever the reason, the home theater market today is booming like the soundtrack to Star Wars! Want proof? A Google search for home theater reveals over three million results. Yikes!
It's simply undeniable: More and more people prefer watching their favorite movies, television shows, and videos from the comfort of their own sofas and couches. What's also undeniable is the inexperience of most people who choose to install or upgrade their home theaters.
Until now, the knowledge, technique, and experiences of those who've encountered similar conditions to yours could only be accessed through laborious web searches, stacks of magazines, and water cooler conversations. Home Theater Hacks from O'Reilly is the perfect remedy for this group.
A smart collection of insider tips and tricks, Home Theater Hacks covers home theater installation from start to finish, purchase to experience. Just imagine: no frustrating trial-and-error process and better yet, no expensive appointments with installation experts. Home Theater Hacks prevents both by imparting down-and-dirty technique not found anywhere else.
The book begins with a quick glossary of terms so you can speak the lingo when you go shopping, and then dives right into hush-hush, insider tricks. It's all covered where to find the right audio and video components, how to deal with speakers and wiring, understanding cable connectivity, mastering remote controls, how to fully grasp TiVo, and so much more. And to top it off, each of these insider tips is presented in a concise yet delightfully entertaining style. Bringing the Jurassic Park dinosaurs into your living room has never been so easy!
A seasoned veteran with numerous O'Reilly titles under his belt, author Brett McLaughlin leaves no stone unturned in helping you customize your home theater experience to your own personal environment.