Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $44.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Brother Inkjet Printer, MFC-J5845DW, INKvestment Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer with Wireless, Duplex Printing and Up to 1-Year of Ink In-box, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready
Enhance your purchase
|Model Name||Brother MFC-J5845DW INKvestment Tank Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer with W|
|Compatible Devices||PC, Laptops|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Office, Home|
|Sheet Size||17" x 11"|
|Print media||Paper (plain)|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- UP TO ONE YEAR OF INK IN BOX: The Brother MFCJ5845DW Investment Tank color inkjet all in one printer provides up to one year of ink
- REVOLUTIONARY INKVESTMENT TANK INK SYSTEM: Brother re engineered its ink cartridges to hold more ink and created an internal ink storage tank
- PRINT WITH CONFIDENCE USING PAGE GAUGE: Help take the guesswork out of when to replace ink by using the intelligent Brother Page Gauge
- VERSATILE PAPER HANDLING: The MFCJ5845DW has a 250 sheet capacity paper tray for up to 11 inches x 17 inches ledger size
- DASH REPLENISHMENT ENABLED: Upon activation, Dash Replenishment measures the ink level and orders more from when it’s low
- FOR USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE INKS: LC30373PKS, LC3037BK, LC3037C, LC3037M, LC3037Y, LC3039BK, LC3039C, LC3039M, LC3039Y.
- Fax Modem Speed: 33.6K bps
Frequently bought together
"The Brother MFC-J5845DW Investment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printer with tank technology delivers reliable performance, enhanced productivity and professional results - perfect for small businesses and home offices. The MFCJ5845DW features high-capacity Investment Tank cartridges along with an internal ink storage tank to deliver uninterrupted printing for up to 1-year(1) without the need to purchase ink. With Investment Tank, there's no sweating over your printer running out of ink - just the features, convenience and affordability you need. Brother Investment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printers use familiar, easy-to-use cartridges that hold more ink to help minimize cartridge replacement. Investment Tank all-in-ones also use the Brother intelligent Page Gauge(3), a visual way to know the amount of ink used and the amount of ink remaining to help eliminate running out of ink in the middle of an important print job. Remaining page counts are displayed so you can print with confidence and without interruption. Brother MFC-J5845DW features include mobile device printing(2), flexible paper handling, 11 x 17 printing, automatic two-sided printing and easy onscreen navigation using the 3. 7 color touchscreen. Connect with versatile connection options including built-in wireless, Ethernet and Wi-Fi Direct or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface. Includes a 2-year limited with free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer. (1)Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages at 60% black pages / 40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. (2)Requires connection to a wireless network. (3)Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only. For actual cartridge yield information refer to manufacturer's website. (4)Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. (5)Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 150 pages at 60% black pages / 40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. (6)Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages at 60% black pages / 40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 8 cartridges provided in-box. (7)Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). (8)The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4. 4 or later".
From the manufacturer
Brother MFC-J5845DW INKvestment Tank Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer with Up to 1-Year of Ink In-box(1)
The Brother MFC-J5845DW INKvestment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printer with tank technology delivers reliable performance, enhanced productivity and professional results - perfect for small businesses and home offices. High-capacity INKvestment Tank cartridges along with an internal ink storage tank and an intelligent Page Gauge(3) help to deliver convenient, uninterrupted printing for up to 1-year(1) without the need to purchase ink. Business-capable features help increase productivity with 11”x17” ledger printing, up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder and cloud printing & scanning directly from the touchscreen(2). With INKvestment Tank all-in-one printers, you get the great features, convenience and affordability you need without the worry about your printer running out of ink.
Why INKvestment Tank?
- Delivers ultra-convenience with up to 1-year without needing to replace ink cartridges(1)
- Page Gauge monitors ink usage so you print with confidence(3)
- Versatile paper handling - Print documents up to 11” x 17”
Get Up to 1-Year of Ink In-box
- No need to replace ink for up to 1-year(1)
- Enjoy truly uninterrupted printing - with cartridges included in-box
- Experience super-convenient printing
Revolutionary INKvestment Tank System
- Minimize the frequency of cartridge replacement with INKvestment Tank cartridges
- INKvestment Tank cartridges are engineered to hold more ink
- Familiar front-loading cartridges are clean and easy-to-use
- Internal ink storage tank delivers more pages
Page Gauge Lets You Print with Confidence
- Ink usage is monitored and estimated pages remaining are displayed (3)
- Page Gauge(3) takes the guesswork out of when to replace ink
- Help eliminate running out of ink during an important print job
|Brother LC3037BK||Brother LC3039BK||Brother LC30373PKS|
|Description||INKvestment Tank Super High Yield||INKvestment Tank Ultra High Yield||INKvestment Tank Super High Yield|
|Approx. Page Yield - each (4)||3,000 pages||6,000 pages||1,500 pages|
|What's in the box||1 Black Ink Cartridge||1 Black Ink Cartridge||1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow Ink Cartridges|
|Brother MFC-J995DW||Brother MFC-J5845DW||Brother MFC-J5845DWXL||Brother MFC-J5945DW||Brother MFC-J6545DW|
|Years of Ink In-box||Up to 1 year(5)||Up to 1 year(1)||Up to 2 years(6)||Up to 1 year(1)||Up to 1 year(1)|
|Max Print Speed (7) (black/color)||12 ppm / 10 ppm||22 ppm / 20 ppm||22 ppm / 20 ppm||22 ppm / 20 ppm||22 ppm / 20 ppm|
|Paper Tray (Max Capacity)||150 sheets||250 sheets||250 sheets||500 sheets (2 trays)||250 sheets|
|Auto Document Feeder||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 50 sheets||Up to 50 sheets||Up to 50 sheets||Up to 50 sheets|
|Duplex Capability||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax|
|11" x 17" Capability (Ledger)||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax|
|Document Glass Size||Letter (8.5" x 11.7")||Letter (8.5" x 11.7")||Letter (8.5" x 11.7")||Letter (8.5" x 11.7")||Ledger (11.7" x 17")|
|Color Touchscreen Display||2.7"||3.7"||3.7"||3.7"||3.7"|
|Standard Interfaces||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0|
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
PRODUCT CERTIFICATION (1)
EPEAT addresses the sustainability impacts of electronic products. An EPEAT registered product must meet required criteria and can meet optional criteria. The criteria depend on the type of product and can include energy efficiency, reduction of fluorinated greenhouse gases (F-Gases), and end of life management. Products meeting 50% - 75% optional criteria are “Silver” and those meeting more than 75% are “Gold”.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The first thing you notice about the brother MFC-J5845DW is that it's heavy. This is a business model AIO so is rated for 2,000 pages per month use / 30,000 pages max. The paper handling is lateral (travels across the long sides) and it ejects printed sheets with some "authoritay". USB, ethernet and WiFi are all supported along with WiFi Direct and Google Cloud printing. The only option that's missing is a media card slot(s); it does have a USB port up front for printing off of thumb drives. The ports for the cables are under the scanner bed, not directly on the back or side; they connect and run through a channel exiting on the right rear; makes for a cleaner setup. The power cord is attached directly so no losing it when you move the machine and no accidental disconnects from the back.
The "INKvestment" system is one step above your usual over-priced printer cartridge refills; it uses cartridges to fill a built in tank system so in theory running a 3rd party refill ink shouldn't be a problem *but* brother has a reputation for not squeezing every last penny from its customers so I plan to stay with genuine ink replacement.
Brother's attention to detail includes a full suite of software available for download and repacking instructions printed on one of the box flaps so that you'll be able to repack the printer for shipping.
Overall, definitely recommended for anyone needing a color AIO (with fax) that prints/scans duplex automatically.
Edit: Finally used the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) for year end invoice scans; it handled 12 piece stacks of tri-folded statements with aplomb and brother's iPrint&Scan software bundled everything into PDFs for me.
First, Don't buy expensive products from Amazon, they don't stand by what they sell. Hope your purchase dies within 30 days or you're screwed (6 weeks for us). Even with warranties.
Second, This printer has so many issues, I don't know where to begin.
1. Two-sided printing has been set up repeatedly and still will not work. It will allow you to do it manually, but my crappy, old printer did it all the time without issue.
2. It asked for the pick up roller to be cleaned too much!
3. It has issues with you changing the paper type (regular to card stock even regular to a color paper), you have to reset the paper and clear the jam often with anything other than copy paper.
4. It's huge!
5. The ink in the box that was supposed to last a year made it about 3 weeks.
6. The ink is insanely expensive, I thought it would be OK since it was supposed to last a year on one tank. I am on my third tank and I got my printer on January 5th.
7. Print quality is awful. There are lines in your color printing.
I could keep going, but the printer is jammed again...purchase at your own risk!
Here are my impressions so far:
Installation: I'm a software engineer and usually installing stuff is easy for me. Setting up this printer was average. I had no problem setting it up and installing the software, but I can see some less technical people having some trouble with some of the steps. Overall, I had a positive experience and everything worked fine the first time around.
Build: This printer is very solid and well built. Before buying it I looked at a similarly priced Epson at Costco and it felt very flimisy. This one seems better built than my previous Canon MX922, which performed well for a while. I'm very satisfied with the hardware so far. The document feeder also seems robust and I had no problems scanning a couple of pages.
Print quality: My previous Canon had better photo print quality than this printer. I tried printing a borderless full page picture with it. The photo took a while to print, and the colors were a bit washed with not very good blacks. I think this printer is OK for the ocassional job of printing pictures, but if this is your main use for it, I would probably consider other alternatives. For black and white printing, and for color pages (non photo), the printer has good quality and is very fast.
Cartdridge life: this is why I bought this printer. The cartridges are big and are supposed to last a long time. I cannot say at this time if this is true. Only time will tell. I will update my review when I have to change the first cartridge.
Overall: this seems like a good choice. I'm giving it a 5 star rating for now. I'll update in a few months.
You'll get put into a tech-support call for about an hour and then if your problem is resolved even on the first print they'll try to hang up it will always jam on double sided printing at page 5 then you have to wait a whole another hour on tech-support go through the same process just to find out hey the printer really doesn't work then they'll actually think about sending you a new one. I've done this two times through, then I just asked for a refund but since I purchased through Amazon they won't let me get any money back for this POS printer.
It has major issues trying to print double-sided, and because of the tech-support I had it replaced and it still had the same exact issue in the same exact spot with the second printer. I'm not the highest techy but I'd say I'm much more of the most considering I can build my own computer and I still can't fix the issues that is wrong with this printer......