|Digital List Price:||$14.99|
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
|Kindle Price:|| $9.99 |
Save $5.00 (33%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon (Bruce Lee Library) Kindle Edition
Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon is a photographic catalog of all facets of this fascinating man, from the start of his career to his untimely and tragic death in 1973. This book reveals a quiet family man behind the charismatic public persona. It shows the real Bruce Lee—the man who was so much more than an international film and martial arts celebrity.
This brilliant photo essay—compiled and edited by Bruce Lee expert John Little with the assistance of Lee's widow, Linda Lee Cadwell—reveals never-before-published family photos, including rare photos of Bruce's childhood in Hong Kong. Tender moments with his children are caught on camera, and action shots from his martial arts films are shown.
With a preface by his daughter Shannon Lee and a foreword by wife Linda, the text is drawn directly from Bruce Lee's own diaries and journals. Based on the award-winning Warner Bros. documentary, Bruce Lee: In His Own Words, sections include:
- Chronology of the Life of Bruce Lee
- Early Years—why he began studying gung fu (kung fu) and took up wing chun, his first starring role, and his return to the US
- Hollywood—why he got the part in The Green Hornet, teaching Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Stirling Silliphant, filming Enter the Dragon, The Way of the Dragon, Fist of Fury and more, training and acting with Chuck Norris, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dean Martin and Sharon Tate, and the creation of Jeet Kune Do (JKD)
- Family—meeting Linda, having children, daily life
- Bruce Lee's Striking Thoughts
- Bruce Lee's The Tao of Gung Fu
- Bruce Lee Artist of Life
- Bruce Lee: Letters of the Dragon
- Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body
- Bruce Lee Jeet Kune Do
From Publishers Weekly
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
- ASIN : B014C57RPY
- Publisher : Tuttle Publishing; Illustrated edition (September 8, 2015)
- Publication date : September 8, 2015
- Language : English
- File size : 13171 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 200 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #726,847 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To be honest, it wasn't what I expected. It is better! There are a lot of personal photos of the LEe family and although it appeared to be mainly photos, upon further inspection I discovered there is also a tremendous amount of text and information squeezed in too. All and all he and I are very pleased. Thank you.
I wish the book would have included the story of Brandon Lee, son of the dragon.
I am very happy to have bought this book because I appreciate the person Bruce Lee more after reading his life story.
I would recommend this biography to those who like biographies.
Thank you Amazon
Top reviews from other countries
was a very touching picture of Bruce and a very young Brandon laying side by side "soaking up the rays", alas both lie together in death,
truly moving. Any Bruce Lee fan will eat this up, useful also for the Bruce Lee timeline. Top Marks.