4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Cheetah CM Smart Instant Language Translator Device (UV Black) Portable Foreign Language Real-Time 2-Way Translations [Support 42 Languages/Voice Operated] Compatible iPhone Android Smartphone
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MICROSOFT AI - Powerful and reliable Microsoft based AI Translation Engine provides extremely accurate and instant translations with an innovative and advanced cloud processing system. Talk, translate, learn, and create new friendships.
- MULTI-LANGUAGE TRANSLATION - Get the Latest CheetahTalk App and access the most popular languages, i.e English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and more. (Note: CheetahTalk App is required for use. iOS 9.0/Android 5.0 and above is necessary).
- SUPERIOR BATTERY - Ultra-long performance and superior battery life. Up to 180 days of standby time and a full 2 weeks of use. Translate, laugh, and learn longer with an all-around greater battery performance.
- 2-WAY INSTANT TRANSLATION - Enjoy and practice conversations in a different language easily and quickly with instant 2-way translation. Back-and-forth translation allows quicker learning and more entertaining conversations with friends and strangers.
- RELIABILITY THAT YOU CAN TRUST – Made by Cheetah Mobile, a public traded leading technology company, the CM translator is a trusted companion in your next adventure.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All in all this is an excellent supplementary resource if you are trying to learn a new language, going to a non-english speaking country, or use it conversationally where there may be a language barrier. Please look at my video and photos to see the relative size and functionality of the product. It has it's own proprietary charger. This may have been better charged with microUSB, but as long as I keep the charger in one spot and don't lose it this product is 5/5!
I work in a profession where from time to time I am in a situation where there is a language barrier. It's not long conversations but at times there are important things that get missed because of it, so I thought this handheld translator might be just the thing.
First off the packaging is sleek! It's like what you get when you buy an apple product. Inside the box is the translator, a manual and a charging base. The device is very streamlined and fits well in your hand. I have big hands and was worried when I first saw it in person, but it fits comfortably. My wife who has very small hands agreed that it is very ergonomic. The charge cable is a two-pronged magnetic base that fits securely on the back of the device, and the instructions on use are simple and very clear.
I used an apple brick to charge mine and it charged quickly. I'm using an Apple device and the app wasn't a huge download and gave very clear instructions on how to pair the device, which worked well. It wasn't instant or automatic when you open the app but it was quick enough. From the app, you can control the languages, the volume of the device and other settings.
The device understood my voice and the other people I tried it on very well. I did feel like it 'heard' much better the closer the device was to the person speaking's mouth. The two-way translation works very well. I will say that it doesn't at this time adjust the English translation for proper sentence structuring but that's not a problem. It does seem to structure things properly going FROM English to your chosen language though. Currently, it only has 7 languages but they plan on adding 40 more as the software moves to final release if I'm not mistaken. The translation is not super fast, and the worse your cellular connection, the slower the translation. My primary need is translation between English and Mexico Spanish. I was only able to get that particular language to connect and work one time. I was able to get away with using the Spain version of Spanish. The translations and usage between the two are slightly different, but it got the job done.
Holds a very long charge
Fits well in the hand
Software and device are simple to use.
1)Mexico Spanish server connection didn't work reliably for me
The Mexico Spanish server seems to be working fine now so this is no longer a CON!
2)A bit slow to translate a conversation (you won't be having a rapid-fire back and forth with it)
Overall this is a really handy device, especially for the price. It isn't going to allow you to step into the halls of the UN and have rapid deep conversations because it's not quick enough, but for translating important information accurately, it's definitely a winner, especially given all the new languages they plan to add. I'm also sure that the translation servers will get quicker too as they further develop the product.
The stick is very convenient to use. The battery life is good. Trying to pair it with your phone took several attempts and the instructions made it sound so easy. Charging the stick unpairs it from your phone (which is annoying). The instructions speak of a volume switch on the stick which you have to do some weird thumb motion (I still haven't figured it out). Also make sure you use it with no background noise (it doesn't work as well). The lady's voice sometimes breaks up and speaks in slurs if you are in a noisy room. At the end of the day we bought an 84 dollar stick that pretends to be Google translate. It is very easy and non evasive. As long as the adults you are speaking to are patient, understanding and know how to speak clear, slow and loud you will have no problem. Sooo... It is not for real life cultural experiences
I read a few reviews some days later and other had better luck. So I tried again.
This time, the languages worked - Chinese, Korean, Spanish, etc. I was impressed with how it worked. The translation is is about as good as Google, which is to say it gets most things but misses a few here and there. The device is small and light and very easy to use. Also, the app is good. I don't know how long the battery lasts but seems good.