Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Cabin 3 (Steele Shadows) Paperback – January 10, 2020
Enhance your purchase
From bestselling and multi-award-winning romantic suspense author Amanda McKinney comes the first book in the steamy, edge-of-your-seat, three-part series, Steele Shadows Security…
Hidden deep in the remote mountains of Berry Springs is a private security firm where some go to escape, and others find exactly what they’ve been looking for.
Welcome to Cabin 1, Cabin 2, Cabin 3…
Businessman. CEO. Head of household. Three titles worst suited for Gunner Steele, the short tempered, reticent former Marine and rebel of the infamous Steele brothers. After an evening searching the mountains for his missing office manager, Gunner finds an undercover agent at his front door demanding protection—and that anyone but him be her bodyguard. Usually, Gunner didn’t give a damn if someone disliked him, but this particular curvy vixen had information about the man who killed his father and maimed his brother. Information he’d gladly sell his soul for... but is he willing to sell hers, too?
After failure to deliver the location of a Russian spy as slippery as a bowl of borscht, Lexi York is fresh out of a job and a near-death experience when she seeks refuge at Steele Shadows, despite her disdain for the tattooed bad boy, Gunner Steele. At her wits end, Lexi devises a plan to use Gunner to get her job back, but what she hadn’t planned on was developing feelings for the tortured soul she could never tame.
Unwilling to make promises he can’t keep, Gunner is faced with the biggest decision of his life. Avenge his family, or throw away the only woman who’s cracked open his shielded heart?
Cabin 3 is the third book in the 3-part Berry Springs spinoff series, STEELE SHADOWS SECURITY—Think of it as Berry Springs' darker, grittier, steamier, BAD BOY brother. Please note: You do not need to read the Berry Springs Series first.
Reviews for Steele Shadows:
- “Holy crap! What a book!” -5 STAR Goodreads Review
- “A page-turning blend of suspense, steam, and heartbreaking angst.” -5 STAR Amazon Review
- “My mind is BLOWN.” -Book Blogger, Books and Beauty by Cassie
- “A brilliant, compelling, raw, breathtaking story. Cabin 1 should be read by every romantic suspense lover.” -5 STAR Goodreads Review
- “McKinney’s best one yet.” -5 STAR Amazon Review
- “Scorching.” 5 STAR Bookbub Review
- "My mouth literally hung open when I finished this book. You do not want to miss this one." 5 STAR NetGalley Review
Praise for the Berry Springs Series:
- "One of my favorite novels of 2018." -Confessions of an Avid Reader, The Fog
- “The Woods is a sexy, small-town murder mystery that’s guaranteed to resonate with fans of Nora Roberts and Karin Slaughter.” -Best Thrillers
- “Danger, mystery, and sizzling-hot romance right down to the last page.” -Amazon Review, The Creek
- "Amanda McKinney wrote a dark, ominous thrilling tale spiked with a dash of romance and mystery that captivated me from start to finish…” -The Coffeeholic Bookworm, The Lake
- “The Storm is a beautifully written whodunnit, packed with suspense, danger, and hot romance. Kept me guessing who the murderer was. I couldn’t put it down!” —Amazon Review
- “I devoured The Cave in one sitting. Best one yet.” —Amazon Review
- “The Shadow is a suspense-filled, sexy as hell book.” —Bookbub Review
Awards and Recognition:
CABIN 1 (STEELE SHADOWS SECURITY): 2020 National Readers’ Choice Award Finalist, 2020 HOLT Medallion Finalist
THE STORM: 2018 Golden Leaf Winner for Roma
- Publisher : Amanda McKinney (January 10, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 250 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1734013346
- ISBN-13 : 978-1734013344
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 5 x 0.63 x 8 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #361,558 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Suspense, mystery, daring rescues, fast driving, sexy times, and then the Russian assassin is revealed. After that is is HEA. A love story, with mystery and suspense thrown in, with a happy ending? Heck yeah - I liked it.
There were plot holes that were either ignored or glossed over, most with the Russian assassin. I was not surprised at the reveal, but as long as you don't dwell on details and just enjoy the ride until the end, you'll like this one, too.
That being said, Lexi now, single handedly took out two big thugs in Aruba but couldn't handle Dallas? She's suddenly helpless when she gets back to the states? That was disappointing.
Great trilogy and quick read.
Top reviews from other countries
Yet, something intrinsic was missing that could have taken the series from good to excellent.
It felt rushed and there were too few clues for the reader to follow leading to a slight feeling of being cheated a little by the storyline.
I couldn't quite get rid of the sense of disbelief as a supposedly trained operator makes so many mistakes and couldn't suspend belief enough to be fully drawn into Lexi's character.
All is revealed about the underlying mayhem that has prevailed on the Steele family business - since the three sons have quit the Military and returned home to run the business.