Canon Office and Business MB2720 Wireless All-in-one Printer, Scanner, Copier and Fax with Mobile and Duplex Printing
- Two paper cassettes provide a combined capacity of 500 sheets - or a full ream of paper, so you're ready for any job
- The Canon PRINT app has great features so you can scan, copy and print right from your favorite mobile devices. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported
- Print laser-sharp text that is highlighter and smudge resistant with the Dual Resistant High Density (DRHD) Inks
- With a 20,000 page Duty Cycle, the MAXIFY MB2720 is built to last for all your home business needs
- All MAXIFY printers feature 100% US-based Service & Support.Copy Speed (up to) : FCOT (Color): Approx. 12 Seconds
- Computer Operating Systems:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows Server 2012, 2012 R218, Windows Server2008, 2008 R218 Mac:19 Mac OS X v10.8.5 - 10.11
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Successful businesses are efficient. The MAXIFY MB2720 Wireless Home Office All-In-One Printer was designed to help you work and meet your business needs. With features like Quick First Print and Schedule On/Off your business will be able to print quickly and save money. Specifically designed to meet the needs of home-based businesses with 1-4 users, the MB2720 printer produces bold, colorful prints of your business documents. The MAXIFY MB2720 printer is the workhorse your business needs with a quick first printout time as fast as 6 seconds and fast print speeds up to 24 ipm (B&W)/15.5 ipm (Color). Built for the big jobs, it has a large 500 sheet paper capacity and a 20,000 page duty cycle. The efficient MAXIFY ink tanks deliver a high page yield from one set of XL ink tanks and the Dual Resistant High Density (DRHD) inks produce laser sharp text that is smudge and highlighter resistant. The entire MAXIFY lineup features built-in Wi-Fi and is fully compatible with the Canon PRINT app. This makes it easy to share and print information directly from your tablet and smartphone via select popular Cloud services. You can also easily scan directly to your mobile device. Best of all, the eco-friendly MB2720 printer is backed by 100% U.S.-based customer service and support. Welcome to the new standard in Home Office Printing!
From the manufacturer
Dedicated to Supporting the Business Owner in You
The Canon MAXIFY MB2720 is designed to support the business owner in you, allowing you to work quickly and efficiently. Built to handle big jobs for up to 4 users, the MAXIFY MB2720 features a 500 Sheet Paper Capacity with two 250 Sheet paper trays, allowing you to print laser-sharp text that is highlighter and smudge resistant with the Dual-Resistant High Density (DRHD) Ink System. Be ready to print in as little as 6 seconds from power on with Quick First Print and Print Speeds of up 24 Black and White ipm/ 15.5 Color ipm. With the MAXIFY MB2720 you can print, copy and scan from all your favorite devices; whether that be a smartphone, tablet or even the cloud. Best of all, to help serve your business better, all MAXIFY printers feature 100% US-based Service and Support, with a dedicated MAXIFY phone number, email and extended service hours.
Every Small Business is Unique
Duty Cycle(2): With a 20,000 page peak Monthly Duty Cycle, MAXIFY Home Business are ready to handle any workload.
DRHD Ink System: Dual-Resistant High Density (DRHD) Ink produces laser sharp text and professional colors that are highlighter and smudge resistant.
Setting Restrictions: Safeguard your printer with Setting Restrictions that allows you set a password on your network and device settings.
Records of Use: Keep track of what is printed to help reduce waste and keep costs down.
U.S. Service and Support: To help serve your business better, all MAXIFY printers feature 100% US-based Service and Support, with a dedicated MAXIFY phone number, email and extended service hours.
Great Looking Work Speaks Volumes
Auto Duplex Printing: Allow your business to stay cost-efficient with Auto Duplex Printing.
Auto Power On: The Auto Power On feature conveniently powers on when any print job is detected.
Power Schedule: With the Power Schedule feature, MAXIFY printers will automatically switch on and off at pre-set times, conserving energy and saving money.
Energy Star: All Canon MAXIFY printers are Energy Star Certified.
The Freedom to Work with Multiple Devices is a Game Changer
Wireless(7): Connect to all your favorite devices with built in Wi-Fi.
AirPrint(4): With AirPrint, simply print right from your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Google Cloud Print(5): Print from your favorite devices to your MAXIFY printer with Google Cloud Print.
Canon Print App(3): The Canon PRINT app has great features so you can scan, copy and print right from your favorite mobile devices.
Communication Makes Things Easier
MIB: Efficiently manage all your MAXIFY printers with built in standard Management Information Base (MIB) support, also easily monitor ink and paper levels and printer notifications remotely.
Ethernet: Easily add this MAXIFY printer to your office network with built in Ethernet connectivity.
Hi-Speed USB: Easily Print from and Scan to USB flash drives, with the convenient front USB port.
Access Point Mode: You can wirelessly connect and print directly to your MAXIFY printer, even without a wireless router.
Send to Folder: When keeping a paper copy is not necessary, you can choose to scan your digital files to network folders.
Quick First Print(1): Monitor your printers information with Quick Toolbox, easily view networked printers, destination folder settings and more!
Low Cost Per Print: Designed for efficiency, MAXIFY printers offer a Low Cost per Print and a High Page Yield when using XL ink tanks.
Fast Print Times: With a Canon MAXIFY printer, you can be ready in seconds thanks to fast first printout times and rapid multipage copying.
Sheet Capacity: Built to handle big jobs, this MAXIFY Printer features a 500 Sheet Paper Capacity with two 250 Sheet paper trays.
Business Card Printing: All MAXIFY Printers support multiple paper types including Business Card paper, Label paper and even ID Cards.
Cloud with Concur(9): Easily scan receipts to your Concur Account.
Touch Screen: This MAXIFY features a large 3.0 inch intuitive touchscreen LCD display.
Custom Profiles: Quickly register your favorite copy, scan, or fax settings so it is easier to get the job done.
Job Reservation: Make a Job Reservation and put a second task in queue even when a job is actively printing.
Sent to Folder: When keeping a paper copy is not necessary, you can choose to scan your digital files to network folders.
Quick Tool Box: Monitor your printers information with Quick Toolbox, easily view networked printers, destination folder settings and more!
Poster Artist Lite(23): PosterArtist Lite software is poster creation made simple. It includes royalty free templates, backgrounds and images that are easy to customize and print.
|Print Speed||24.0 ipm Black/15.5 ipm Color||24.0 ipm Black/15.5 ipm Color||24.0 ipm Black/15.5 ipm Color||19.0 ipm Black/13.0 ipm Color||24.0 ipm Black/15.5 ipm Color|
|Single Pass Duplex Scanning||✓||✓|
|Quick First Print||6 Seconds||6 Seconds||6 Seconds||6 Seconds||6 Seconds|
|Auto Duplex Printing||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|LCD Screen||3.5" Touch LCD||3.5" Touch LCD||3.0" Touch LCD||2.5” LCD|
|Mobile Device Printing||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
1. Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Document print speeds are the averages of FPOT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC17629:2014. Print speed may vary. During successive printing, the printer may slow down the operation to prevent the internal temperature from rising. depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183.Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warming up time. When scanning or copying a certain volume of documents (approx. 150 sheets in default settings) continuously from the ADF,the printer may switch to 'waiting mode' in which paper feeding stops for several tens of seconds after each scan to prohibit overheating the ADF. See the website for additional details.
2. Duty Cycle is defined as the maximum number of printed pages for a single peak month.
3. Requires an Internet connection and the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 7.0 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
4. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
5. Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
6. Requires Android mobile device with Android 4.4 operating system or later with the Mopria Print Service pre-loaded with that device and the compatible PIXMA/MAXIFY printer on the same wireless network. The Mopria experience is also available on Android 4.4 mobile devices with a download of the Mopria Print Service from Google Play.
7. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
8. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/600 inch at minimum.
9. Scan to Concur requires a valid Concur account. Scanned files have a 10MB volume limit, with a 100 page maximum. Multiscan not available, receipts uploaded to Concur Cloud.
10. ADF scan speeds are the average of scESAT30secA in 'ADF Productivity Measurement' test, ISO/IEC 17991:2015. Scan to network folder speeds with ADF are the average of scEFTP30secF in 'Scan to Network Folder Productivity Measurement' test, ISO/IEC 17991:2015. ADF scan speeds/Scan to network folder speeds with ADF will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity etc. When scanning or copying a certain volume of documents (approx. 150 sheets in default settings) continuously from the ADF, the printer may switch to 'waiting mode' in which paper feeding stops for several tens of seconds after each scan to prohibit overheating the ADF.
11. Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
12. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
13. Black and white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed varies depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
14. Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1. The number of pages able to be kept in memory will vary based on remaining memory capacity and document complexity.
15. High Page Yield calculated when using Canon Genuine XL Ink Tanks.
16. Requires an Internet connection.
17. Acoustic Noise is measured based on ISO7779 standard.
18. Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with factory-installed Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or XP.
19. Available from printer driver and fax driver only. XPS drive is not supported for Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2.
20. Internet Connection required during software installation.
21. Some functions may not be available with these Operating Systems. Please refer to the manual or our website for full details.
22. Requires a Windows RT compatible device with Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 and the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store.
23. PosterArtist Lite software v2.60.00 is compatible with 64/32 bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista, and only compatible with Canon PIXMA (released after July 2015), MAXIFY, imagePROGRAF and Océ printers. Minimum computer system requirements: Pentium4 2.4Ghz CPU or higher with 1GB RAM, 1024x768 pixel display and 5GB of system hard drive space.
24. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See usa.canon.com/support for details.
25. Dimensions with letter (A4) paper installed.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The printer will not allow you to change ink cartridges before its sensor detects the cartridge is completely empty. *You can't just pop it open and change the cartridge.* It has a sliding mechanism that needs to line up with the specific cartridge you want to change. There is a workaround for this, but you shouldn't have to work around something so basic.
You can't remove that cartridge until it is empty unless you unplug the printer without turning it off, so you can manually line up the cartridge guides. Even more problematic, is that once you remove an ink cartridge, you cannot put that cartridge back in. If the cartridge is clogged or if you missed a sliver of plastic when you took it out of the wrapper & the cartridge is now fine ... once you pop it out, that cartridge is garbage. And you can't print anything else until you replace that cartridge.
I've had this printer since February & it has never functioned properly. I continue to have problems with black ink cartridges. Every one that I place in the printer has left streaks and lines in word processing documents, rending the documents virtually unreadable & causing problems for my children at school when they have had to submit papers to their teachers. I've had to print numerous documents at my own school because I couldn't get the printer to function properly. I've tried printing with Word, Pages, and Google Docs.
As a scanner, the machine stalls out after scanning this first sheet every time I try to scan a document as a PDF. Every. Single. Time. I've found another workaround, where I scan the document as image files, then convert the images to one PDF file. Again, this is something that shouldn't have to be done. When you take a device out of the box, it should simply work as intended without having to find workarounds to perform simple tasks.
I'd had three Canon MX922s over the course of five years. I do a lot of printing, and was tired of replacing my printer every two years. On paper, this looked like a good model for a "home office." Perhaps the one I purchased was a dud, but I wouldn't chance buying this model again & would advise others not to get it. I'll be purchasing another MX922 until I can figure out an inexpensive laser alternative.
Everyone seems to be complaining about power off settings. If you read the manual, there's several different power saving, power scheduling options enabled, some of them by default. They're all accessible in the device settings menu.
The LCD menu system is fairly intuitive. I could find everything I was looking for easily. Has a touch sensitive screen, you drag your finger lightly to scroll, press firmly to select options.
Another person was complaining about getting tray insertion prompts and finding those annoying. They can be turned off.
For the dual tray option, I disabled the auto switch cassette option so the trays would never cross feed. When I print on my computer, you select properties and pick which cassette to pull the paper from. The Google cloud print and mobile printing apps don't seem to let you choose a tray, defaulting to tray 1. At least, I haven't found a way to do that yet.
So far I've found this is a very robust machine with quick printing times. I'm very pleased with its performance. Now we just have to find some place to put it, it's huge! At least being a wireless appliance it can go anywhere in the house :)
Anyway, I upgraded to this printer, which so far seems like an improvement over an already good Cannon MX922. Both the printing and scanning are faster than any all in one I've had, and the network connection seems solid. It was a little more complicated to connect to my network, but patience and good setup software from Canon won the day. Printing is clear and bright, and the claim is that the ink is more resistant to smudging and moisture, so it should be better for making photographs. I loaded the bottom tray with letter paper, and the top with photo papers. That tray easily adjusts for several different size papers, including envelopes.
This printer is taller than the MX922, but it doesn't seem to have a larger footprint, and although larger it seems to weigh less. Given my horrendous experience with Brother printers and so-so experience with Epson, as well as the poor support from HP, I will most likely stick with Canon in the future.
UPDATE, NOVEMBER 29, 2018: I wish I still had this printer. I had a water leak that dripped into the printer and killed it. I recycled it at Staples and said farewell. I am now using my older Canon Pixma MX922 (purchased from Amazon in Jan. 2016), which has regained its status as my daily workhorse multifunction printer. My experience with numerous printers over the past twenty years has made me a Canon fan (though my color laser printer is the ever-dependable HP CP1525nw.
the motions of checking everything that it says to check (and finding nothing) then it takes for ever to "regroup" itself to be able to print again.
Also, every time you take out a paper drawer to refill if, you have to "register the size" even though nothing changed. This should stay the same until you change something instead of having to "register" it every single time you refill the drawer. Whoever came up with this design failed miserably.
I long for the older MX860 & MX870 printers we had before this one!