Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Catherine Mattiske
Mattiske established 'The Performance Company,' a leading-edge training and consulting organization, in 1994. The Performance Company has offices in Sydney, Los Angeles, New York, and London.
Catherine Mattiske has earned a reputation for helping clients achieve their personal and business goals across Australia, the USA, United Kingdom, Europe, Africa, New Zealand, and Asia.
Mattiske's client list has a global reach, including high profile Fortune 100 and 500 companies.
Catherine Mattiske is an accomplished author and publisher. The best-selling, 'Train for Results' (Allen and Unwin), is on academic reading lists worldwide. In 2014, she authored 'Training Activities that Work' with a group of her Certified ID9 Professionals. Catherine Mattiske released the 27 part 'Learning Short-takes®' series of books.
Recognized globally for her achievements in business, Catherine Mattiske was a member of the US Congressional Business Advisory Council. Mattiske has been awarded for her influence to US business and has also been nominated on several occasions for the prestigious Australian Business Woman of the Year.
Since expanding her Australian business to the US and Europe in 2001, Catherine has worked with her team remotely and built a global virtual organization. Catherine knows the highs and lows of leading virtual teams, and she is passionate about helping leaders overcome their barriers to success when leading virtual teams.
In 2020, Mattiske published her 30th book: Leading Virtual Teams: Managing from a Distance During the Coronavirus.
Customers Also Bought Items By
- Is the virtual team you are leading functioning at full capacity?
- Are all your virtual team members confident, productive, and positive even though the coronavirus is impacting the way they work?
- Are all your virtual team members engaged, involved, and a team-oriented player?
- Do you always know how to deal with multi-cultural team members sensitively?
If you answered NO to one or more of these questions, you need to read this book.
International business educator, Catherine Mattiske set up her first global virtual team in 2001. After years of leading virtual teams internationally, she has written this book to help you be the best virtual leader that you can be. With the impact of the coronavirus, this book is essential for all leaders who are changing how they work, and how their teams come to grips with working in a very different physical and emotional environment.
This comprehensive book will answer many virtual team member questions you have, including how to:
• Understand different leadership types – local, virtual and hybrid
• Know what makes a robust virtual team leader
• Build virtual teams
• Create a virtual team culture
• Communicate for peak performance
• Know which communication method to use in which situation
• Manage global and cultural adaptability
• Tap into potential cultural intelligence
• Manage up virtually – when your boss isn’t in the same office as you
• Improve your presentation skills
• Avoid the seven deadly presentation mistakes
• Get to yes faster using virtual negotiation skills
• Monitor and value your self-worth
• Build your online presence via social media
• Efficiently and productively build your internal and virtual networks
• Plan your career development
If you are serious about being a strong and successful virtual leader and leading the way for more virtual team leaders in your organization, this book is a must-read for you.