Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Chaminda Chandrasekara
Customers Also Bought Items By
You'll start with an introduction to Azure Repos, focusing on TFVC and Git, and then gradually transition to hands on lessons of working with TVFC. Next, you'll see how to set up and work with TFVC branches and tracking systems followed by usage of command line and security in TFVC Repos.
Create and work on Git Repos in Azure DevOps and use branching with Azure Git Repos and Git command line in Visual Studio and vscode. The book then explores security in Git Repos and advanced options you can use to import from external Repos. With Hands-on Azure Repos as your guide, you'll be able to work with these version control tools on any platform and with any language.
What You'll Learn
- Integrate Azure Repos with Azure Boards to enable tracking work with code.
- Create guidelines to tackle difficult situations in using Azure Repos
- Clone Azure Repo to local using Visual Studio and vscode
- Work with shelvesets, code reviews and lock types
- Perform activities using REST API with Azure Repos
Software developers, tech leads and architects.
Hands-on Azure Boards explains customizations, where you will understand the available options to track your work considering different scenarios. Next, you will learn visualizing with queries, charts, and dashboards along with reporting of Azure Boards. The author gives you hands-on lessons to set up Azure Boards and shows you how to handle multiple modules that are taken care of by different teams.
You will also explore the security options in Azure Boards as well as a detailed demonstration of working with the REST API and CLI. Finally, you will work with useful extensions for Azure Boards and see how to use them more effectively and efficiently. After reading this book, you will be able to work with the Azure Boards capabilities available in Azure DevOps on-premise server and services to improve your software delivery process.
What You Will Learn
- Plan and manage work with Azure Boards
- Use the REST API and command line interface with Azure Boards
- Extend Azure Boards with useful extensions to enhance its capabilities
- Customize Azure Boards to adapt it to your process
- Report and visualize work progress with Azure Boards
Who This Book Is For
Anyone working in Azure DevOps developing applications targeting any platform using any language.
Rather than just review VSTS/TFS features, this book provides proven solutions to the challenges in building better Agile teams. You'll see how to handle small teams and how to facilitate large teams to support large scale projects. You'll also learn to work with distributed teams in different geo locations, which will deepen your ability to get successful project/product outcomes from your teams.
Special focus is given to creating long term sustainability to effectively manage a backlog/portfolio backlog. You'll explore how to work with stakeholders closely to better understand a project's requirements and review how to perform the post execution analysis and planning for next development cycle and forecasting.
What You'll Learn
- Handle large teams and distributed teams with VSTS/TFS.
- Run Agile team functions
- Review requirements to delivery traceability, with visibility and accountability
- Overcome challenges and avoid common pitfalls with Agile teams
Scrum masters, project managers, team leads, Agile team members or anyone who handles and involves in the enterprise software delivery process.
Master build and release management with Team Foundation Service and Visual Studio Team Services to facilitate the continuous delivery of software updates to your development team.
You'll receive detailed, practical guidance on automating website deployments in Azure App Service, database deployments to Azure platform, Micro Services deployments in Azure Service Fabric, and more. Each deployment is structured with the aid of hands-on lessons in a given target environment designed to empower your teams to achieve successful DevOps.
This book provides lessons on how to optimize build release management definitions using capabilities, such as task groups. With the help of practical scenarios, you’ll also learn how to diagnose and fix issues in automated builds and deployments. You’ll see how to enhance the capability of build and release management, using team services/TFS Marketplace extensions and writing your own extensions for any missing functionality via hands-on lessons.What You Will Learn
- Automate deployment to Azure platform, including Web App Service, Azure SQL and Azure Service Fabric
- Test automation integration with builds and deployments
- Perform Dynamic CRM deployment handling and package management with TFS/VSTS
- Examine requirement to production delivery traceability in practical terms
- Review cross platform build/deployment capabilities of TFS/VSTS.
Who This Book Is For
Build/Release Engineers, Configuration Managers, Software Developers, Test Automation Engineers, System Engineers, Software Architects and System/Production Support Engineers or anyone who handles and involves in the software delivery process.
Hands-On Functional Test Automation contains step-by-step lessons that will give you an understanding of how to do functional test automation using Selenium with C# and Python. Also, you will learn how to enhance your test automation development with third-party frameworks. You will configure test clients, run functional tests through Azure DevOps release management, and carry out performance and load-testing to gain a good understanding of how to do cloud-based load testing.
Each lesson comprises an introduction to the related concepts to help you understand how things work. This will broaden your knowledge so you can implement test automation in the correct way. At the end of each lesson alternative options and other enhancement possibilities are discussed to allow you to do further exploration.
· Implement functional test automation of Windows and web applications
· Use Visual Studio for load and performance testing
· Configure and run cloud-based load testing
· Integrate testing with deployment pipelines