Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Charles F. Stanley
Customers Also Bought Items By
When things are going your way, trusting the Lord is easy. But when painful trials, unmet needs, or lost dreams assail, do you wonder if God can still be trusted? What do you do when facing a challenge that seems insurmountable? Do you believe God can be trusted? In Can You Still Trust God?, Dr. Charles Stanley reveals three essential beliefs for trusting God:
- God is perfect in His love.
- God is infinite in wisdom.
- God is absolutely sovereign.
Can You Still Trust God? is a message of:
- hope for anyone struggling to reconcile the suffering and turmoil in the world with a loving God.
- truth for pastors, ministers, and Bible study leaders searching for a resource to teach their communities about God’s promises and how to deepen trust in Him.
Even when you cannot understand why God would allow certain situations to occur, these core beliefs form the basis for trusting Him. Your ability to receive the blessings God has for you is determined by the degree to which these wise truths are embedded in your soul.
Your enemy is strong. The battle is real. Prepare for victory.
Fear, discouragement, loneliness, anger, temptation. These struggles are common to every human. Yet not all circumstances or negative emotions originate within. They could be the result of a willful, coordinated assault of Satan.
In When the Enemy Strikes, best-selling author Dr. Charles Stanley explores the often-overlooked reality of spiritual warfare?the tactics used by Satan to taunt, confuse, slander, and harm. Your adversary wants to crush your will, delay your promise, hinder your destiny, destroy your relationships, and lead you into sin. Dr. Stanley reveals how you should respond.
The most important component of warfare, says Dr. Stanley, is the supremacy of God?both His sovereignty and His power. Practically, this means the battles you face are ultimately allowed by God to bring you to a place of greater reliance on Him. His strength crushes the enemy.
This is a world of conflict between good and evil, of powers beyond the merely human. The battle is unavoidable, but take heart! God has given you the strength to stand.
How can you rest in the truth that God has a purpose for you, a purpose He promises to fulfill? How can you know you are following God's will? In this yearlong devotional, God's Purpose for Your Life, Dr. Charles F. Stanley shows you that God's plans for you are even more wonderful than you can imagine.
Throughout this beautiful book, you will feel empowered to make godly goals and joyfully obey God's Word as Dr. Stanley gives you assurance, comfort, and boldness in your relationship with Christ. Each day offers:
- a Scripture reading
- a thoughtful application from Dr. Stanley
- a brief prayer
God’s Purpose for Your Life is a perfect gift for men and women for:
- Father’s and Mother’s Day
Whether in a season of fruitfulness or a season of drought, you will love Dr. Stanley's wise, inspiring teaching as you discover day by day what it means to live a life of purpose.
“God, how did I get in this mess!?”
Is that the cry of your heart? You may be in the midst of an emotional hurricane right now and wondering Can anything good come out of this situation? Or you may be stumbling through the aftermath of a physical or financial crisis, fearful that you’ll never get back on your feet.
In How to Let God Solve Your Problems, Dr. Charles Stanley demonstrates how God allows times of trial for a number of reasons:
- To turn your attention back toward Him.
- To adjust your priorities.
- To purify and prepare you for greater service.
- To better form you into His image.
- To grant you the experience of His comfort.
Whether your hardship is the result of sin, unwise choices, or simply the consequence of living in a fallen world, God still has a plan for your life. He is aware of your circumstances, He has not forgotten His promises, and He will guide you through your difficulty to victory!
Often the purity and the freshness of your initial experience with God becomes clouded by the daily routine of life. The clamor of other voices obscures your hearing, leavingyou confused and frustrated with your relationship with God.
How to Listen to God helps you distinguish God's voice from all the others. Dr. Charles Stanley shares personal lessons in listening and discusses:
- Why God wants to communicate with you
- How God gets your attention
- Four ways God speaks to you
- Scriptural guidelines for recognizing God's voice
- The joys and fruits from listening to God
- Ten hindrances to hearing God
Your relationship and attitude to God can be free from distortion. Learn to listen to the God who wants to speak to you.
His voice waits to be heard and, having heard it, we are launched into the greatest, most exciting adventure we could ever imagine. ?Charles Stanley
Charles Stanley lays out 30 Life Principles that can help you become more like Christ every day. This is accomplished through the power of His Holy Spirit, and through your own diligence and discipline.
In this book, author Charles Stanley lays out 30 Life Principles that can help you in the process. You will learn: “God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm,” “fight all your battles on your knees and you will win every time,” “God acts on behalf of those who wait for Him,” and much more. These principles are laid out as a study guide for use in individual devotional or group study—enough for every day of the month.
By practicing these 30 Life Principles, you will be cooperating fully with the Spirit of God, and your life will grow into the likeness of Christ.
A wise, measured, and deeply passionate invitation to a Spirit-filled life
Are you trying your best to be a good Christian but still feel something’s missing? Do the peace and joy you long for seem to elude you? Does following Christ sometimes feel like a lot of work—or like it’s just not working very well?
Much has been written and spoken—and argued!—about the Holy Spirit and what it means to be filled with the Spirit. Charles Stanley cuts through the confusion and introduces you to a living Person as real and active as God the Father and Christ the Son. Through personal stories, biblical exploration, and insightful explanation, he will help you discover:
- who the Spirit is—and how to develop a relationship with Him
- who the Spirit isn’t—and how to avoid damaging misconceptions
- how being “filled” with the Spirit actually works
- what the Bible really teaches about spiritual “signs” such as speaking in tongues
- how the Spirit can increase your capacity for faith, hope, love, and personal transformation
- what it means to “hear” the Spirit’s voice
- how to make the most of your unique spiritual gifting to build up Christ’s body
- what happens when the Spirit’s power is unleashed in your workplace, your family life, your friendships, and every other area of your life
In The Spirit-Filled Life Charles Stanley reveals how to recognize and begin to live with the guiding presence of the Holy Spirit.
Living in today's world can be challenging as well as draining. Are you feeling troubled with the fast pace of life? Are you overwhelmed with constant demands? You can get more, and be more, by spending every day abiding in the presence of our Lord. Living more deliberately in His presence is attainable. While the cares of the world seem pressing now, we are not alone--we have lasting hope and peace in Him.
Every Day in His Presence by Charles Stanley invites readers to step into the presence of an eternal God who is bidding them to find serenity and security in Him. This uplifting 365-day devotional includes:
- Scripture with a meaningful application
- A short prayer that serves as a peaceful reminder that God is part of your life
- An "In His Presence" takeaway for thought and reflection
Charles Stanley encourages others to identify sincere contentment and gratitude and discover the reasoning for their existence. Every Day in His Presence is perfect:
- As a self-purchase or gift for anyone wanting a deeper relationship with the Lord
- For individuals searching for a positive way to start their day
- As a resource to identify daily challenges with a fresh perspective
The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible, with over a million sold to date, is designed to lead believers into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ, and to help them experience the Good News about God’s mighty kindness and love. The updated second edition is the best way to experience this bestselling classic—with a completely new design featuring our easy-to-read Comfort Print typeface, 100 specially designed maps and charts that bring biblical places and themes to life, and over 43,000 cross references to enrich your study of the Word.
- 30 Life Principles articles highlight Dr. Stanley’s essentials for Christian living
- More than 2,500 Life Lessons verse notes bring to life the practical and personal nature of God’s Word to us
- A listing of over 300 verses revealing God’s promises throughout the Bible that encourage, strengthen, and bring hope
- Answers to Life's Questions and What the Bible Says About articles bring scriptural insight to bear on topics of special importance to every believer
- Topical indexes give immediate access to hundreds of life-giving principles and promises throughout the Old and New Testaments
- Book introductions provide an overview of the themes and literary structure of each book and alert readers to important principles they’ll encounter as they read
- New for the 2nd Edition, 100 maps and charts that help important biblical places and themes come alive and over 43,000 cross references to enrich your study
Have you ever considered what it means to talk to God? Is it really possible to communicate with the Creator of all that exists and be able to understand His plans and purposes for your life?
Perhaps there are questions you desperately need answered. Maybe you are facing a trial that is too large or difficult to face on your own and you yearn for divine direction. Or it could be you are simply curious about what He would say to you.
In Prayer, The Ultimate Conversation, which is based on a lifetime of walking with the Father and fifty-five years of ministry founded on prayer, Dr. Charles Stanley not only teaches the disciplines of intercession but also explains how to fight life’s battles through intimate communion with the Lord. Dr. Stanley discusses how to truly know God through communication with Him.
He explores topics such as:
—Learning to recognize the sound of the Father’s voice
—Recognizing how your perception of God shapes your prayer life
—Winning your battles through prayer
—Finding true peace and joy through intimacy with the Lord
No matter what confounding questions, perplexing circumstances, or seemingly insurmountable dilemmas you are facing today, the solution to them is absolutely obvious to God—and He longs to share His answers with you. Draw closer to the Father. Get to know God by engaging with Him in Prayer, The Ultimate Conversation.
In times of crisis and confusion, Dr. Charles Stanley has learned the one phrase that can carry him through: "God, You are in control." The peace he has experienced in life stems from that foundational belief. In Finding Peace, Dr. Stanley shares with readers how they, too, can experience an unshakeable peace which "passes all understanding."
Filled with encouragement to lift the soul, Finding Peace offers insight on what causes us to live without God's peace in our lives, and how we can reverse course and open our hearts to receive it. Also, Stanley gives his perspective on the things that hinder peace-including the "Four Great Hallmarks of God's Peace" and "Five Essential Beliefs for a Peaceful Heart"-to put the important message of this book into concrete terms. Addressing regret, anxiety, and fear, Dr. Stanley extends hope for overcoming the obstacles that block peace with the Lord. Finally, he gives direction on learning to live a life of contentment.
The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible delivers Dr. Stanley's cherished values to benefit every Christian in his or her life's pursuits. With more than 442,000 in print, The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible communicates the life principles Dr. Stanley has gleaned from the Word through his years of Bible teaching and pastoral ministry. The result is a Bible overflowing with practical articles, notes, and sidebars that help readers understand what the Bible has to say about lifeÆs most important questions.
- 30 Life Principles with articles throughout the Bible
- Life Lessons verse notes
- Life Examples from the people of the Bible
- Answers to Life's Questions and What the Bible Says About articles
- God's Promises for Life index to get into the Scriptures
- Book introductions
Part of the Signature Series line of Thomas Nelson Bibles