Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Chris Turnham
Originally from the Pacific Northwest, Chris Turnham is an illustrator currently based in Los Angeles. He’s had a long production art career working as a visual development artist in the animation industry for clients including Sony Pictures Animation, LAIKA Entertainment, and Dreamworks Animation.
His art style reflects his love of mid-century illustration and he grabs inspiration from the architecture and beautiful natural environment of southern California. Currently he works as an illustrator for children’s books and spends much of his time in the studio pursuing his passion for printmaking.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Chris Turnham
Internationally acclaimed writer Kyo Maclear has partnered with printmaker Chris Turnham to create a colorful and lively celebration of rain. Flowers bloom in the garden. Umbrellas bloom on the streets. There are puddles for jumping and, later, a cozy home for hot chocolate and books. There's so much to love about the rain!
• CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AUTHOR: Kyo Maclear is an essayist and novelist who has written more than a dozen books for children.
• GORGEOUS ART: Chris Turnham's print-making expertise—especially his masterful use of color and texture—spills over into the stunning images throughout this book.
• TALENTED DUO: Publisher's Weekly said Kyo and Chris's debut book The Wish Tree "hums with understated everyday magic," while School Library Connection said it was a "warm and magical tale of friendship and the intrinsic beauty of nature."
• CELEBRATES NATURE: Whether you love rain or sun, whether you are out-and-about or stuck inside, this book is a great reminder of the natural beauty all around us.
• PERFECT FOR HOME OR SCHOOL: This book is an ideal fit for a cozy family read at home or school story time reading tied to curriculum about the weather or the seasons.
• A BOOK TO COME BACK TO: Children will return to this book again and again to discover new details.
• Parents, caregivers, and grandparents
• Teachers and librarians
• Those who love the rain or anyone living in rainy regions!
The poetic text and heartwarming illustrations evoke the true essence of the holiday season and will inspire wishers everywhere. This gem of a book deserves center stage year round. Plus, this is the fixed format version, which looks almost identical to the print edition.