Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes—portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
In Civil Procedure, Tenth Edition, the authors employ a pedagogical style that offers flexible organization at a manageable length. The book gives students a working knowledge of the procedural system and introduces the techniques of statutory analysis. The cases selected are factually interesting and do not involve substantive matters beyond the experience of first-year students. The problems following the cases present real-life issues. Finally, the book incorporates a number of dissenting opinions to dispel the notion that most procedural disputes present clear-cut issues.
New to the Tenth Edition:
- Revised coverage of discovery, including the 2015 amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and digital discovery
- Revised and updated coverage of arbitration, including class waivers
- Contemporary cases and examples added throughout
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Teachable, well-structured text featuring clear organization, concisely edited cases chosen to be readily accessible to first-year students, textual notes introducing each section that highlight connections between material, and practical problems
- A manageable length which allows the class to get through this complex course material in limited hours
- Flexible organization, adaptable to a variety of teaching approaches
- A clear, straightforward writing style, making the material accessible to students without oversimplifying
- An effective overview of the procedural system, which provides students with a working knowledge of the system and of techniques for statutory analysis
- Assessment questions and answers at the end of each chapter, to help students test their comprehension of the material
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
The purchase of this Kindle edition does not entitle you to receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and outline tool available through CasebookConnect.