For use with the Clearblue Fertility Monitor with, or without, Touch Screen. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor Test Stick pack includes 30 individually wrapped test sticks. The majority of women who are trying to get pregnant will need 10 test sticks each cycle. Women with irregular or long cycles may have to use 20 test sticks each cycle. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor comes from the #1 OB-GYN ovulation recommended brand*** and is the most advanced method to help you maximize your chances of getting pregnant. It's designed to identify all your fertile days**, typically up to 6, which is more days than traditional ovulation predictor kits. This discrete, feminine, handheld fertility monitor tracks two key fertility hormones, estrogen and luteinizing hormone, it shows your fertility information on the easy to use touch screen as well as summarizing up to 6 cycles data on one screen for easy comparison. Instructions- Please read the enclosed instruction insert before using the test sticks. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor Test Sticks are an essential part of the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. No other Test Sticks can be used with the Fertility Monitor. No other test sticks can be used with the fertility monitor. Monitor sold separately. This package contains 30 fertility monitor test sticks. The majority of women will need 10 test sticks in each cycle. English and Spanish instruction inside. Store in a dry place below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Do not freeze. For in vitro diagnostic use. The Clearblue Helpline is available to answer questions between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time Monday - Friday. Call us toll free at 1-800-321-EASY (3279).
To use the Clearblue® Fertility Monitor – the #1 brand recommended by OB/GYNs – to maximize your chances of getting pregnant, you will need to purchase the Clearblue Fertility Monitor Test Sticks separate from the device. Clearblue Fertility Monitor Test Stick packs include 30 individually wrapped test sticks. The majority of women will need 10 test sticks each cycle. Women with irregular or long cycles may have to use 20 test sticks each cycle.
About the Clearblue Fertility Monitor
Taking conception to the next level, the Clearblue Fertility Monitor maximizes a woman’s chances of conceiving a baby by identifying 3x more fertile days compared to traditional ovulation tests. This electronic, hand-held monitor tracks a woman’s personal cycle, detecting two key ovulation hormones: luteinizing hormone (LH) and estrogen. Using the two hormones, the device can pinpoint not only a woman’s 2 peak fertility days, but also 1-5 additional high fertility days prior to ovulation – for a total of up to 6 fertile days.
Benefits of Using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor
- It has been shown to accurately predict ovulation when compared to serum hormone measurements and vaginal ultrasound scans2, but testing can be done at home and at a fraction of the cost.
- It gives a more accurate indication of more fertile days than any other home method.
- It’s quick, easy to use, and easy to understand. The Monitor indicates when to test and the level of fertility every day, requiring no subjective interpretation.
- It personalizes to a woman’s cycle, storing her information for up to six previous menstrual cycles.
- It’s natural – no drugs or invasive devices and procedures.
- It gives advance notice of Peak Fertility, so couples can plan intercourse at their convenience.
How the Fertility Monitor Works
There are only a few days per cycle when a woman is fertile and can conceive. The following chart outlines the phases of a woman’s menstrual cycle, showing how the two most fertile days coincide with the LH surge (24-36 hours before ovulation) and the release of an egg (ovulation). These are a woman’s 2 best days to conceive a baby.
However, it is generally acknowledged that sperm can survive up to 5 days in the sperm-supportive mucus found in a woman’s body during the fertile days of her cycle meaning there is a fertile window of typically up to 6 days: 5 days before ovulation plus the day of ovulation. Traditional ovulation tests like Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test track the LH hormone and identify a 2 day window of fertility. But the Fertility Monitor also tracks estrogen levels, which rise just before the LH surge, extending the fertile window typically up to 6 days. This extended window can help to reduce the time it takes to conceive2 as it gives more days to try, plus gives advance notice of the 2 peak days.
The Fertility Monitor is easy to use and gives you clear accurate results.
- On the first day of your period, you will press the M button to let the monitor know a new cycle has begun.
- Each day, you must switch on the Monitor and follow its directions.
- On mornings when the Monitor requires further information about your hormone changes, a test will be requested.
- Simply remove the test stick from its wrapper. (The majority of women need 10 test sticks each cycle. Women with irregular or long cycles may have to use 20 test sticks each cycle.) Point the Sampling End of the test stick downstream in your urine for 3 seconds.
- Take the cap off the handle and place it over the Sampling End of the test stick and remove any excess urine.
- Holding the test stick by the cap, insert the test into the Monitor’s Test Stick Slot, pressing down until it clicks into place.
- The display will flash for approximately 5 minutes while reading your information.
- After 5 minutes, the Remove Test Stick symbol will flash. Once you have removed the test stick, your fertile status will be displayed.
Low fertility = very small chance of conceiving
High fertility = increased chance of conceiving
Peak fertility = highest chance of conceiving
Testing for Pregnancy
When you’re ready to test for pregnancy, choose a brand and product you can trust. In the Clearblue Pregnancy Test Buying Guide, we outline the different features of pregnancy tests so you can feel maximum confidence throughout the entire conception process.
More about Predicting Ovulation
As the diagram above illustrates, timing is key when trying to conceive a baby. While there are manual charting and calculator methods that may be used to predict ovulation, these methods often fall short. They require tracking a woman’s typical cycle length over several months. However, every woman’s cycle is unique and cycles for any one woman can vary from cycle to cycle – making calendar-based predictions unreliable prediction as well as time-consuming. That’s why Clearblue provides a range of products to help predict ovulation without months of charting. You can learn more about predicting ovulation and which method is right for you in our Ovulation Test Buying Guide.
1 Behre HM et al. Prediction of ovulation by urinary hormone measurements with the home use Clearblue Fertility Monitor: comparison with transvaginal ultrasound scans and serum hormone measurements. Human Reproduction 2000;12:2478-2482.
2 Robinson JE and Ellis JE. Mistiming of intercourse as a primary cause of failure to conceive: results of a survey on use of a home-use fertility monitor. Curr Med Res Opin 2007;23(2):301-6.