Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Connie Pombo
Connie Pombo caught the travel bug early--growing up in Japan--while her dad served in the United States Air Force, then later living in Sicily, Italy for six years where her older son was born, and now in Cuenca, Ecuador for six years--where she and her husband now call home. Connie is a freelance writer and contributing author to 56 books--including the acclaimed Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Her story about their move to Ecuador can be found in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress; Chicken Soup for the Soul: Home Sweet Home; and Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Joy of Less. Connie and her husband, Mark, live along the Yanuncay River in Cuenca where her husband teaches English as a second language while Connie enjoys hiking in the Cajas at 14,000 feet, discovering new sidewalk cafes in Cuenca, and writing for travel magazines. You can find more about the author at her blog Living and Retiring in Ecuador.blogspot.com; The Best of Living and Retiring in Ecuador.com; and her personal author and speaking website at www.conniepombo.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Connie Pombo
in Lives Today
These inspiring real-life stories explore what happens when people encounter spiritual forces, and how their lives are undeniably changed. This dramatic collection includes accounts of contact with angels, near-death experiences, powerful prayer testimonies, and unexplainable miracles. Every story displays the victory of Christ and his kingdom over difficult circumstances and opposing forces. The outcomes include increased faith, a sense of the loving providence of God, a realigning of priorities, and a greater desire to share the gospel. In turn, the reader's faith will be strengthened knowing that if God can steer individuals through these unknown territories, he certainly will care for their everyday lives.
Do you ever say that you’ll take care of yourself after you finish your to-do list? The personal, revealing stories in this book will convince you to put yourself at the top of that list. Self-care and life balance are what we all neglect most.
These 101 true stories from people who turned their lives around will show you how to take care of your physical and mental health. You’ll be inspired by people who have taken back control of their lives and carved out that all-important “me time,” whether that means exercising, reading, meditating, seeing friends, or communing with nature.
Whatever your psyche needs is your form of “me time” and that’s something that you deserve. There are many approaches, and at least one of them is bound to work for you. In these pages, you’ll read about men and women who:
- Put an hour for themselves on their daily to-do lists
- Pursued long-delayed sports, hobbies, or volunteer work
- Discovered themselves through travel, fitness, or new careers
- Learned to ask for help instead of doing it all
- Started treating themselves as well as they would treat a guest
- Stopped seeing the people who weren’t making them happy
- Rediscovered the benefits of exercising and being outside in nature
- Created their own personal spaces in their homes or outdoors
- Decluttered their calendars or their homes—and felt liberated
Scientific research has proven that being thankful improves your health, your cognitive function and your relationships. And you can learn to be a thankful person! Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Power of Gratitude is full of true, inspiring stories by people who have changed their lives for the better by actively practicing gratitude, by saying thanks, and by stopping and thinking about their blessings, even on a bad day.
Whether it’s forgiving a major wrong or a minor blunder, forgiving someone is healing and frees you to move on with your life. You don’t have to forget or condone what happened, but letting go of your anger improves your wellbeing and repairs relationships. You will be inspired to change your life through the power of forgiveness as you read the 101 stories in this book about forgiving others, changing your attitude, healing and compassion.
Everyone can use a little more positive thinking—to create an even better life. Your attitude is a powerful tool, and these stories from real people show you how to think yourself into a more fulfilling, happier life.
As co-author Deborah Norville says, “Change your thoughts and you’ll change your world. Sometimes you need an example to follow, a how-to that works for you. These stories can help you do just that.”
In this collection, you'll read stories about:
- making every day count through mindfulness and thankfulness
- trying new things and stepping outside your comfort zone
- simple phrases that could change your life
- turning lemons to lemonade and finding the silver lining in every situation
- finding your inner strength and turning adversity into opportunity
- counting your blessings and using the power of gratitude
- rebooting your life and living with passion and purpose
- how volunteering and making a difference can turn your life around
- strategies that work for bringing joy back into your life
- techniques for managing cancer and other health challenges
A support group from breast cancer diagnosis through treatment to rehabilitation and recovery, this book combines inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories written just for this book and accessible leading-edge medical information from Dr. Julie Silver of Harvard Medical School. Patients and survivors will find comfort, strength and hope.
Miracles happen every day to people from all walks of life. You’ll be inspired, comforted and amazed by these 101 stories, including:
- Sheila, who suspected she was adopted, and then on vacation was randomly seated next to a fellow traveler who turned out to be her biological sister.
- Tiffany, whose inner voice warned her to go home instead of seeking shelter from a rainstorm under a car dealer’s awning. The car dealership ended up being destroyed minutes later by a tornado.
- Susan, whose daughter was on her way to buy drugs when she almost had a car accident. In a miraculous coincidence, the other driver turned out to be her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, who then saved her.
- Judee, who refused to remarry after a divorce, but then had a dream in which she envisioned herself walking down the aisle. Later, she met the same man and had the exact same wedding she had seen while asleep.
- The U.S. soldier’s daughter in Germany who called her grandfather’s cell phone on 9/11 to make sure he was okay. This caused him to step out of the line to enter the Pentagon—moments before the airplane hit.
Good things do happen to good people! You will be encouraged and uplifted as you read these stories about powerful hope, miraculous healing, divine intervention, messages from heaven, answered prayers and beating the odds.
The mind-body connection is powerful. Our brains are our most trusted ally in improving our physical health, whether it’s recovering from a short illness, managing symptoms, or keeping healthy. This new book highlights that positive relationship and will help readers with its combination of inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories written just for this book and accessible leading-edge medical information from expert clinical psychologist and Harvard Medical School instructor Dr. Jeffrey Brown.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Power of Positive will inspire readers with its 101 success stories about the power of a positive attitude. Contributors share how they changed their lives, solved problems, or overcame challenges through a positive attitude, counting their blessings, or other epiphanies, motivating and uplifting readers.
When life hands you lemons… make lemonade! This collection is full of inspiring true stories from others who did just that, and will help you make the best of any bad situation. You will find inspiration, encouragement, and guidance on turning what seemed like a negative into something positive in these 101 sweet stories of success!
There’s nothing like true, inspiring stories from real people to encourage you. These empowering and uplifting stories by people who have flourished instead of floundered in the face of challenges, pursued their dreams, and changed their focus and their lives will motivate you to reorient your life and thrive too! Great for anyone in need of a boost and inspiration.