Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cryptosteel MNEMONIC Cold Storage Wallet for Cryptocurrency
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Cryptosteel is the indestructible backup tool for a bitcoin wallet which stores your confidential information without the use of third parties. Can be used as a private cold storage system too, not only for Bitcoin users
- Master Mnemonic Seed BIP39 Ready
- Compatible with TREZOR wallets, ledger nano s, keepkey and many others...
- Double sided – each side can hold 12 Mnemonics, 24 Mnemonics in total
- Over 285 tiles, upper case ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWZXY, some numbers and special symbols + – = *
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Cryptosteel, the indestructible backup tool for a bitcoin wallet which stores your confidential information without the use of third parties. Simply hand-assemble your private sentence from the supplied letter-blocks, enclose the data in the cold wallet and rest-assured of its safety. Cryptosteel is fireproof, corrosion-resistant, acid-resistant and virtually uncrushable. Furthermore, the fact that the wallet operates entirely offline means that, unlike engraved plates with a QR code, no third party can access the owner’s personal data. - Container for up to 96 characters + stainless steel letter tiles - Private, off-line storage for private keys and passwords - Lightweight, stainless steel - Indestructible, acidresistant, and uncrushable - Fireproof up to 1200 C, or 2100 F - Compatibility: Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies - No tools necessary Furthermore, the fact that storing information in Cryptosteel requires no third-party contact (even with us) means the user remains in full control of their own anonymity as well as the security of their data is throughout the process.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Yes, this IS compatible with your Trezor, your Ledger Nano S or your Keepkey. 96 tiles are all you need b/c you don't have to spell out each word in it's entirety...just 3-4 letters per word! (you use a spacer at end of 3-letter words)
2. This is only meant to store your 24-WORD SEED. Not BTC addresses or anything else. No numbers needed!
3. Finally, YES, you are indeed paying a premium for a virtually indestructible way to store your seed and protect your crypto. That may seem ridiculous to some but many of us have a lot invested in "invisible money" and the wallet you "keep" it in is worthless. This SEED is what you must protect!
If you don't understand that or how this very simple device works, please, take it from a professional cryptocurrency trader: don't make another move into this realm until you've learned the basics. I say this because I love you.
(didn't see that last part coming, did you?)
I'm detracting 1 star for the following:
The letters are on small metal squares that you arrange yourself in the Cryptosteel device. They are packaged in a tray that should be convenient but it isn't. The letters can be knocked out of the tray and mixed up during shipping. They are a PAIN to sort out when they are mixed up.
Also the letters are not easy to slide into the Cryptosteel. It took me much longer to set my seed words up in the Cryptosteel than I expected. It's slow and tedious but at least only needs to be done once.
So yes this does store 24 words and it will still works even with just the first 4 letters of the word as the unit allows. Just buy it. It's amazing quality, heavy duty and worth the investment!!
If you're complaining about not being able to store longer strings or a mix of upper and lower case letters and numbers, then you need to take a step back and learn more about crypto. That is not what this item is for. Bravo for trying to protect your balances, but if you're complaining loudly, you're only further embarrassing yourself and should really stop.
One area for growth is in the documentation: it should be mentioned more loudly that you only need to store the first 4 letters of each word in your BIP39 recovery sentence. I've noticed a lot of people struggling with that, thinking that they can't fit all of their words since the cryptosteel only holds 4*24=96 tiles.