Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Cyndi Doyle
Customers Also Bought Items By
She was frustrated! Feeling second to the department again had begun to breed indifference and contempt in her relationship. As a mental health and couple's counselor, she knew those were bad omens. Despite her training, she could not figure out what was happening with them. Then, a speaker at a professional conference, gave insight that ignited a passion to understand her law enforcement husband and empower them as a couple to protect their relationship. Learn the research, psychology, and personal experiences when combined created an "ah-ha" moment that led to improved communication, connection, and ultimately resilience as individuals and together.
- Impact of law enforcement culture and experience on the officer and spouse
- The psychology behind the law enforcement brain and the impact on behavior and beliefs.
- Spillover from the field that may impact the spouse and family and techniques counter it.
- The conflict between what experts say creates a connected and intimate relationship versus the conditioning that occurs in law enforcement.
- Strategies for improved communication and connection based upon researched principles.
- Perspective-taking and other core strategies that can recover and protect you individually and as a couple.
Using personal stories, professional expertise, and research couples will be entertained and empowered to Hold the Line.