Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Dale McConkey
For 26 years, Dale was happily married to his wife, Ingrid, until her untimely passing in 2012. He is the proud father of two adult children, Kristen and Stephen.
Customers Also Bought Items By
• Balanced and fair-minded descriptions of both the traditionalist and the progressive views of homosexuality
• Thorough analysis of religious beliefs about homosexuality utilizing the Wesleyan Quadrilateral: Scripture, tradition, experience, and reason
• Details of all three plans (One Church, Connectional Conference, Traditionalist) presented in the final report of the Commission on a Way Forward
• Basic information on the upcoming special session of General Conference
• End-of-chapter questions suitable for personal reflection or group discussion
• Helpful context for people not familiar with the structure of the United Methodist Church.
If you are looking for an impartial book that fairly presents both sides of the crisis at hand, United Methodists Divided is the book for you.
The eleven essays in this collection examine the relationship between institutional structures and community integration, offering practical insights to increase social capital and strengthen social institutions.
A variety of social institutions are analyzed. Three chapters cover political legal issues, two cover religion, three address education, and two examine the macrostructures of the military and the economy. An important collection for scholars and other researchers interested in the communitarian movement, sociology, and political science, particularly for those in public administration.