Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
The Dancer, the Dreamers, and the Queen of Romania: How an Unlikely Quartet Created America's Most Improbable Art Museum Hardcover – March 30, 2020
Enhance your purchase
- "Pleasantly spun tale of a museum with an unlikely history -- and collection ... A treat for fans of off-the-beaten track places as well as odd corners of art history." -- KIRKUS REVIEWS
- "The Dancer, the Dreamers and the Queen of Romania is both the backstory of an unusual art museum and a remarkable journey through some of the quirkiest personalities and politics of the early 20th century. And in Steve Wiegand's engaging tell, it's often just pure fun." -- Deborah Blum, Pulitzer Prize winner and best-selling author of The Poison Squad and The Poisoner's Handbook.
- "A wonderful job ... expert story telling." - Harriet Baskas, author and travel columnist
- "A cast of real-life characters, an eclectic collection, and a remote location could be the elements of a lively novel, but Wiegand tells the true if unlikely story of the Maryhill Art Museum in central Washington ... Wiegand's fascinating account will have great appeal for art lovers and museum-goers." Carolyn Mulac, BOOKLIST
- "Deftly organized into fourteen informative and exceptionally well presented chapters, and featuring a section of both black/white and color illustrations, The Dancer, the Dreamers, and the Queen of Romania will have a very special appeal to art lovers, museum aficionados, history buffs and non-specialist general readers who enjoy an inherently fascinating true history that readers with all the eccentricity and drama of a deftly penned novel." Able Greenspan, Midwest Book Review
- "Thoroughly enjoyable." --The History Chicks
About the Author
Wiegand is the author, co-author, or contributing author of eight books, including U.S. History for Dummies, which is currently in its fourth edition and has been published in both Chinese and German; the Mental Floss History of the World; Papers of Permanence; Lessons from the Great Depression for Dummies; and The American Revolution for Dummies.
He is a graduate of Santa Clara University, with a bachelor's degree in American history and literature, and has a master's degree in mass communications from San Jose State University.
He lives in Arizona, where he enjoys playing poker and the harmonica, although not at the same time.
- Publisher : Bancroft Press (March 30, 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 274 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1610884949
- ISBN-13 : 978-1610884945
- Item Weight : 1.25 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.95 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #509,037 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Can't wait to take a trip up to Oregon and visit this amazing place...
Mr. Wiegand's humor, unique writing style and discovery of these amazing people, makes this a one-of-a kind book. Don't miss it.