Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Darren Ashby
Occationally I tweet really profound stuff under the call sign of sparkyguru, and if you want to contact me for complaints, praise or general ruminations I can be reached at email@example.com
Customers Also Bought Items By
Electrical Engineering 101 covers the basic theory and practice of electronics, starting by answering the question "What is electricity?" It goes on to explain the fundamental principles and components, relating them constantly to real-world examples. Sections on tools and troubleshooting give engineers deeper understanding and the know-how to create and maintain their own electronic design projects. Unlike other books that simply describe electronics and provide step-by-step build instructions, EE101 delves into how and why electricity and electronics work, giving the reader the tools to take their electronics education to the next level. It is written in a down-to-earth style and explains jargon, technical terms and schematics as they arise. The author builds a genuine understanding of the fundamentals and shows how they can be applied to a range of engineering problems.
This third edition includes more real-world examples and a glossary of formulae. It contains new coverage of:
- Classes of components
- Memory (RAM, ROM, etc.)
- Surface mount
- High speed design
- Board layout
- Advanced digital electronics (e.g. processors)
- Transistor circuits and circuit design
- Op-amp and logic circuits
- Use of test equipment
- Gives readers a simple explanation of complex concepts, in terms they can understand and relate to everyday life.
- Updated content throughout and new material on the latest technological advances.
- Provides readers with an invaluable set of tools and references that they can use in their everyday work.
Electronics Engineers need to master a wide area of topics to excel. The Circuit Design Know It All covers every angle including semiconductors, IC Design and Fabrication, Computer-Aided Design, as well as Programmable Logic Design.
• A 360-degree view from our best-selling authors
• Topics include fundamentals, Analog, Linear, and Digital circuits
• The ultimate hard-working desk reference; all the essential information, techniques and tricks of the trade in one volume
Chapter 0: What is Electricity Really?
Chapter 1: Three Things They Should Have Taught in Engineering 101
Chapter 2: Basic Theory
Chapter 3: Pieces Parts
Chapter 4: The Real World
Chapter 5: Tools
Chapter 6: Troubleshooting
Chapter 7: Touchy-Feely Stuff
*Covers the engineering basics that have been either left out of a typical engineer's education or forgotten over time
*No other book offers a wealth of "insider information" in one volume, specifically geared to help new engineers and provide a refresher for those with more experience
*The accompanying CD-ROM contains a reference library of electronics information, with demo simulation software and engineering calculators