Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Dave Hollis
Dave Hollis is one half of the dynamic, powerhouse duo that is Rachel and Dave Hollis.
What's he up to now? In addition to running a company and raising four small humans, later this year Dave will embark on The Dave Hollis Book Tour, regaling audiences all over the US with tales of how one former personal development skeptic became a spokesperson for growth and fulfillment.
Customers Also Bought Items By
“When Girl, Wash Your Face came out, so many people said the same thing: ‘I wish my husband/son/boyfriend had a book like this!’ And now it’s here. Dave’s first book is vulnerable, authentic, and earnest, written from the perspective of a friend on the journey with you.”—Rachel Hollis
When a looming career funk, a growing drinking problem, and a challenging trek through therapy battered Dave Hollis, a Disney executive and father of four, he began to realize he was letting untruths about himself dictate his life. As he sank to the bottom of his valley, he had to make a choice. Would he push himself out of his comfort zone to become the best man he was capable of being, or would he play it safe and settle for mediocrity?
In Get Out of Your Own Way, Dave tackles topics he once found it difficult to be honest about, things like his struggles with alcohol and his insecurities about being a dad.
Offering encouragement, challenges, and a hundred moments to laugh, in Get Out of Your Own Way, Dave:
- Points the way for those of us who are, like he was, skeptical of self-help but wanting something more than the status quo
- Helps us drop bogus ideas about who we are supposed to be and finally start living as who we really are
- Helps us see our own journeys more clearly as he unpacks the lies he once believed—such as “I Have to Have It All Together” and “Failure Means You’re Weak”
Reveals the tools that helped him change his life … and may change your life too
New York Times bestselling author Dave Hollis knows what it feels like to realize you’ve been sailing off of someone else’s map. He has taken control of his life and future, and he’s ready to share the lessons he learned along the way with readers who are facing similar struggles.
Dave Hollis was recently confronted with the fact that he was living the life someone else wanted for him. After weathering a highly publicized personal crisis amid the backdrop of an international pandemic and navigating the enjoyable but unpredictable waters of being a single father to four kids, he has been forced to become the captain of his own life and is ready to teach others how to do the same.
Built for Courage will help you:
- Dive deeper into the stories, values, and beliefs you attach yourself to and decide once and for all if they have credibility or if it’s time to cut bait;
- Incorporate fundamental habits and routines specific to you and your circumstances that will flood your daily life with consistency, flexibility, simplicity, and integrity;
- Identify and, if necessary, adjust your goals to ensure they are clear, don’t belong to other people, and are not contingent on immediate results;
- Accept failure as the richest source of intelligence and help you reframe it as a requirement for your own progress and growth; and
- Much, much more.
Built for Courage gleans wisdom from sources vast and wide, as well as from the life experiences of Dave himself, to get you to the place you’re meant to go and become who you are meant to be, regardless of any anchor holding you back.