Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About David Clinton
Customers Also Bought Items By
Set yourself apart by becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Take the next step in your career by expanding and validating your skills on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Study Guide: Exam CLF-C01 provides a solid introduction to this industry-leading technology, relied upon by thousands of businesses across the globe, as well as the resources you need to prove your knowledge in the AWS Certification Exam. This guide offers complete and thorough treatment of all topics included in the exam, beginning with a discussion of what the AWS cloud is and its basic global infrastructure and architectural principles. Other chapters dive into the technical, exploring core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud Platform, as well as basic security and compliance aspects and the shared security model. In addition, the text identifies sources of documentation or technical assistance, such as white papers or support tickets.
To complete their coverage, the authors discuss the AWS Cloud value proposition and define billing, account management, and pricing models. This includes describing the key services AWS can provide and their common use cases (e.g., compute, analytics, etc.).
- Distinguish yourself as an expert by obtaining a highly desirable certification in a widely used platform
- Hone your skills and gain new insights on AWS whether you work in a technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial field
- Fully prepare for this new exam using expert content and real-world knowledge, key exam essentials, chapter review questions, and other textual resources
- Benefit from access to the Sybex online interactive learning environment and test bank, including chapter tests, practice exams, key term glossary, and electronic flashcards
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Study Guide is essential reading for any professional in IT or other fields that work directly with AWS, soon-to-be graduates studying in those areas, or anyone hoping to prove themselves as an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect Study Guide: Associate (SAA-C01) Exam is your complete and fully updated resource to the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification. This invaluable Sybex study guide covers all relevant aspects of the AWS Solutions Architect job role, including mapping multi-tier architectures to AWS services, loose coupling and stateless systems, applying AWS security features, deploying and managing services, designing large scale distributed systems, and many more. Written by two AWS subject-matter experts, this self-study guide and reference provides all the tools and information necessary to master the exam, earn your certification, and gain insights into the job of an AWS Solutions Architect. Efficient and logical presentation of exam objectives allows for flexible study of topics, and powerful learning tools increase comprehension and retention of key exam elements. Practice questions, chapter reviews, and detailed examination of essential concepts fully prepare you for the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification.
The certification is highly valued in IT and cloud computing professionals. Now in a new edition—reflecting the latest changes, additions, and updates to the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam guide—this book is your complete, one-stop resource:
- Access the Sybex interactive learning environment and test bank, including chapter tests, practice exams, electronic flashcards, and a searchable glossary of key terms.
- Learn all the components of the AWS exam and know what to expect on exam day
- Review challenging exam topics and focus on the areas that need improvement
- Expand your AWS skillset and keep pace with current cloud computing technologies
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect Study Guide: Associate (SAA-C01) Exam enables you to validate your skills, increase your competitive advantage, and take the next step on your career path. Comprehensive and up-to-date content and superior study tools make this guide a must-have resource for those seeking AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification.
Includes one year of FREE access after activation to the online test bank and study tools:
- Custom practice exam
- 100 electronic flashcards
- Searchable key term glossary
The Sybex™ method for teaching Linux® security concepts
Understanding Linux Security is essential for administration professionals. Linux Security Fundamentals covers all the IT security basics to help active and aspiring admins respond successfully to the modern threat landscape. You'll improve your ability to combat major security threats against computer systems, networks, and services. You'll discover how to prevent and mitigate attacks against personal devices and how to encrypt secure data transfers through networks, storage devices, or the cloud. Linux Security Fundamentals teaches:
- Using Digital Resources Responsibly
- What Vulnerabilities and Threats Are
- Controlling Access to Your Assets
- Controlling Network Connections
- Encrypting Data, Whether at Rest or Moving
- Risk Assessment
- Configuring System Backups and Monitoring
- Resource Isolation Design Patterns
Interactive learning environment
Take your skills to the next level with Sybex's superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit www.wiley.com/go/sybextestprep, register your book to receive your unique PIN, and instantly gain one year of FREE access to:
- Interactive test bank with a practice exam to help you identify areas where you need to expand your knowledge
- 100 electronic flashcards to reinforce what you've learned
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to key terms you use in your job
The Linux Professional Institute's LPIC-3 304 certification expectations are an excellent, vendor neutral introduction to Linux server virtualization and cluster management. Even if you don't have plans to take the exam and earn the certification itself right now, using the 304 as a curriculum guide is a smart move. And, one way or another, this book is a great primary resource.
If you already use Ansible for your on-premises operations, plugging it into your AWS account can sometimes be the quickest and most painless way to migrate operations to the cloud. "Manage AWS Resources Using Ansible" is a short book designed to get you up and running with Ansible-powered AWS automation fast.
"Manage AWS Resources Using Ansible" will teach you how to write Ansible playbooks that connect to your AWS account, provision and launch EC2 instances, administrate your AWS infrastructure using Ansible Dynamic Inventory, and build and deploy custom EC2 AMI images using HashiCorp's Packer.
This short book won't cover all the specific problems you'll face, but it will give you all the basics and point you towards the tools that you can use for any project you can dream up.
Who might want to read this book?
• Managers and business decision makers
• Individuals plotting their career/educational trajectories
• Individuals looking for ideas/inspiration for new or undefined projects
• Curious people seeking to understand their world
• Journalists looking for quick context
- Which new technologies are most likely to impact your career?
- Which make the most sense to learn?
- What tools exist to help you with your learning?
- How can you quickly find effective tech learning resources - preferably resources that come online to your home for free?
- What's the best way to go about building those new skills?
Whether you've decided to earn the Linux Professional Institute's Server Professional certification or you simply want to learn more about Linux administration, this book is a great choice. Right now, Linux administration skills are opening doors to some of the hottest job markets. And with the ongoing explosive growth of the cloud computing world - the vast majority of which is being built with Linux - the scope of the opportunities will only increase. Whether or not you end up taking the exam, if you manage to learn this material, you'll have done yourself a real favor.
What You Will Learn
- Basic Linux system administration and package management
- Device and desktop management
- Bash scripting
- Networking fundamentals
- Security administration
Most potential readers will already have a decent idea of what Linux is and what kinds of things can be done with it, and are looking to acquire or formalize a more structured and complete ability to confidently administrate Linux systems.
The best reference for Ubuntu Linux
Ubuntu Linux is a popular, powerful, and versatile operating system. Now you can get the most out of everything Ubuntu Linux has to offer with the Ubuntu Linux Bible. This complete and comprehensive guide introduces you to Ubuntu and shows you how to use it to its fullest, whether you're a typical desktop user or a system administrator. You'll learn to do everything from reading email to configuring wireless networks. You'll reap huge rewards from this book, regardless of how much prior experience you have with Ubuntu.
- Get started with Ubuntu Linux and see what's in the newest version (20.04)
- Learn how to read emails, surf the web, and create and publish documents
- Take on system administration tasks, like creating and managing users and adding new disks to the system
- Discover how to use Ubuntu Linux in an enterprise or personal environment
- Figure out how to set up Ubuntu Linux servers for the web, email, shared printing, and more
- Find out why Ubuntu Linux is the most popular Linux operating system in the world