Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About David M. Killoran
Dave co-hosts the PowerScore LSAT PodCast with weekly topics including specific LSAT concepts and strategies to test changes and admissions advice. He is also a contributor to the PowerScore LSAT Blog and the PowerScore LSAT Forum, and is very active on Reddit.
Follow him on Twitter @DaveKilloran.
Customers Also Bought Items By
In addition, the Logical Reasoning Bible features discussion of aspects of the Digital LSAT interface as well as diagramming strategies. You'll also find a look at the LSAC digital interface itself – with its key features noted – and over 100 real LSAT Logical Reasoning questions that are used to illustrate and reinforce our techniques. This includes examples for each of the question types referenced above. The two Logical Reasoning sections on the LSAT represent approximately 50% of your final score and are frequently considered to be the most challenging aspect of the test. However, once you understand how to efficiently approach each question type and deconstruct the reasoning presented, the solution to each question can be quickly discovered. Through step-by-step analysis of every reasoning idea that you will encounter, detailed explanations for every answer choice, and extensive drills to enforce every major concept, this book with teach you how to correctly solve even the most complicated Logical Reasoning problems.
The Logical Reasoning Bible is also supplemented by a unique website that provides additional materials to complement the book and answer frequently asked student questions.
The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible is the most comprehensive book available for the Logic Games section of the LSAT. This book will provide you with an advanced system for attacking any game that you may encounter on the LSAT. The concepts presented in the Logic Games Bible are representative of the techniques covered in PowerScore s live courses and have consistently been proven effective for thousands of our students.
The Logic Games Bible features and explains a detailed methodology for solving all aspects of Logic Games, including:
- Recognizing game types and the proper way to represent rules
- The methods for making inferences efficiently and accurately
- Techniques for solving each question type
- Detailed explanations for 28 official LSAT logic games
- Time management strategies
- Extensive drills to reinforce every major concept
- A classification of every type of game that has appeared on the LSAT since June 1991
- Access to a unique website that provides additional materials to complement the book and answer frequently asked student questions.
The Analytical Reasoning problems on the LSAT are often the most intimidating; however, once you understand how to construct an appropriate setup and make the necessary inferences, the solution to each problem is quickly discovered.
The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension BibleTM will provide you with a powerful and comprehensive system for attacking any Reading Comprehension question that you may encounter on the LSAT. The concepts presented in this publication are representative of the techniques and approaches that have been tested in PowerScore's live LSAT preparation courses and have consistently been proven effective for countless students.
In an effort to clearly explain the fundamental principles of the Reading Comprehension section, this book features:
- Official LSAT passages and questions with complete explanations
- Substantial discussions of how to deconstruct the passages
- Strategies to help you identify and attack the questions
- Strategies for how to successfully avoid traps set by the test makers
- Detailed explanations for 12 official Reading Comprehension Passages
- Discussion of aspects of the Digital LSAT interface as well as diagramming strategies
- A complete quick-reference answer key to all of the problems, including chapter-by-chapter answer keys and a unique reverse lookup feature that lists all of the included passages, sorted by the LSAT administration date and PrepTest number
We believe the use of official Reading Comprehension passages is essential to your success on the LSAT, and no LSAT passage in this book has been modified from its original form. By carefully studying and correctly applying the techniques employed in The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible, we are certain that you can increase your Reading Comprehension score.
The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning BibleTM will teach you how to break down GMAT argumentation, how to recognize GMAT question types, and how to separate correct answers from incorrect answers. You will improve your accuracy in answering questions and your speed as well. If you are shooting for the highest score possible, the Critical Reasoning Bible will help you maximize your performance. The approaches discussed in the Critical Reasoning Bible are also useful when attacking Reading Comprehension questions.
The Critical Reasoning Bible is supplemented by an exclusive website that provides additional material for the book, including suggested study plans and answers to frequently asked student questions.
The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible Workbook is the ideal companion to and is intended for use after you have read The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible. This is a traditional workbook designed to reinforce the techniques and approaches that will enable you to master the Logical Reasoning section of the LSAT. The 294-page Workbook includes:
- A full chapter of practice drills
- An answer key to explain each item
- Five actual Logical Reasoning Sections, presented in their entirety, from officially released LSATs
- 125 LSAC-released Logical Reasoning questions
- Complete explanations of each stimulus and every corresponding question and answer choice
- No duplicate drills or questions from the LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible
The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible WorkbookTM is the ideal companion to the renowned PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible and is designed specifically to allow you to practice the application of our methods and techniques.
This book contains:
- Eight complete reading comprehension passages, reproduced in their entirety from actual past LSATs
- Ten individual passages, and multiple drills that focus on reinforcing the skills you need to effectively attack the Reading Comprehension section
- An answer key that provides an extensive breakdown and analysis of each passage
- Each question and answer choice explained
While The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible provides the conceptual basis for understanding and applying general strategies, The LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Workbook is specifically designed to test and reinforce these techniques and strategies. This is not a how-to manual, but rather a traditional workbook filled with drills designed to reinforce and improve upon the specific techniques and approaches that will enable you to master the reading comprehension section of the LSAT. No Reading Comprehension question or drill in this book was used in the LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible.
To help you practice the application of your Reading Comprehension skills, this book is divided into three sections:
Section One: Practice Drills
The first section of this workbook contains drills which test isolated analytical abilities, designed to reinforce and improve the specific skills necessary to successfully attack the Reading Comprehension section. The set of drills is followed by an answer key explaining each item.
Section Two: Individual Passages
The second section of this workbook contains ten individual LSAT Reading Comprehension passages. At the end of the section is a comprehensive explanation of each passage, including an expansive breakdown of each passage, a ViewSTAMP analysis, and a complete explanation of every question and answer choice.
Section Three: Complete Reading Comprehension Sections
The final portion of this workbook features two complete LSAT Reading Comprehension sections, followed by full explanations of each passage and every corresponding question. This section gives you the opportunity to emulate actual testing conditions, allowing you to apply the full range of reading comprehension strategies while also focusing on your pacing under time pressure.
Note: If you are looking for a how-to manual, please refer to The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible, which provides the conceptual basis for the general strategies you will be practicing. In the discussions of passage approaches and techniques in this workbook, we will assume that you have read the PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible and are familiar with its basic terminology.
The PowerScore GMAT Reading Comprehension Bible is the definitive guide to the Reading Comprehension portion of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), featuring passages, questions, and concept drills, complete with explanation and analysis. This book will provide you with a powerful and comprehensive system for breaking down any passage and attacking any Reading Comprehension question that you may encounter on the GMAT. The concepts presented in this publication are representative of the techniques and approaches that have been tested in PowerScore's live GMAT preparation courses and have consistently been proven effective for countless students.
In order to develop a strong foundation in Reading Comprehension, this book contains:
- Substantial discussions of how to deconstruct reading passages
- How to identify and attack the various question types that commonly accompany GMAT passages
- How to successfully avoid traps set by the test makers
The PowerScore GMAT Reading Comprehension Bible's drills and exercises supplement the discussion of techniques and question analysis, providing the opportunity to practice and reinforce the skills necessary for a strong performance; for this reason the book s numerous drills are as important as the passages and questions themselves.
Once you have studied and applied the techniques outlined in The PowerScore GMAT Reading Comprehension Bible, we are confident that you can improve your Reading Comprehension performance on the GMAT. The GMAT Reading Comprehension Bible is also supplemented by an exclusive website that provides additional materials, information and assistance.