Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About David Wogahn
He is a frequent speaker and trainer, including presentations for Publishing University (IBPA), the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the Independent Writers of Southern California, and the Santa Barbara Writers Conference.
David is also the president of AuthorImprints, an award-winning professional publishing services company that publishes books for authors and businesses using their own publishing imprint. Learn more at AuthorImprints.com and DavidWogahn.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
**2020 Gold Medal Winner—Readers' Favorite Book Awards**
Are you planning to self-publish? Do you want to be a publisher?
Don't settle for Amazon's free ISBN until you read this book.
My Publishing Imprint answers these important questions:
- Do you have to create a publishing imprint to publish a book?
- Do you need to establish an entity or register a business name if you want to be recognized as the publisher of a book?
- What are the legal and business considerations?
- Where does your publishing imprint name appear in public and industry records?
- How do you research names?
- What do other indie publishers do?
- What are the risks of using a free Amazon ISBN?
My Publishing Imprint is your guide to understanding the facts, your options, and the key decisions you need to make before you publish a book. Once made, they cannot be reversed unless you republish your book.
Scroll up now and order My Publishing Imprint today.
“This book has substance on every page that you turn. It’s filled with links to resources, guidelines, do’s, and don’ts. He also includes specific people and the way that they have evolved in their own book imprint endeavors, which is helpful when you are learning all that you can about creating a book imprint and the business behind it.” —Erin Nicole Cochran for Readers’ Favorite, Five Stars
**New 2020 edition**
A directory of more than 250 book reviewers and book review resources. Slash hours of research time:
- 174 Book Bloggers: contact information, reading preferences, turnaround time, posting policies and more!
- 35 Blog Tour Organizers that can help manage your tour: contact information, pricing, additional services.
- 42 book review businesses: contact information, pricing, and policy overviews.
- 33 listings for virtual assistants: contact information for author support specialists.
- 9 book blogger directories, 7 of them free.
- Includes a quick start guide, outreach checklist, sample email template. Everything you need to immediately begin soliciting book reviews.
This 10th edition of The Book Reviewer Yellow Pages is the only comprehensive source of influential book reviewer profiles and book review guidance available to authors, small publishers, and publicists. This book contains the time-tested guidance you need to zero-in on the reviewers who will be interested in your indie or self-published book.
“…unreservedly recommended for author, publisher and book publicists professional reference collections.” —Midwest Book Review
“…one of the most useful books for book marketing. A must read for all authors.” —Fauzia Burke, president, FSB Associates
“…cuts through the confusion to show both indie- and traditionally-published authors an effective system for getting the reviews their books deserve. Highly recommended" —Joel Friedlander, TheBookDesigner.com
Book Reviews: Step One on the Road to Book Sales
The Book Review Companion is a handy reference guide, loaded with feedback from authors and real-world experience. It includes step-by-step instructions for getting and using book reviews.
- Proven review strategies applicable to any book, and any author
- The ten major sources for reviews, including sixty resources
- Amazon review policies demystified and clarified
- A complete guide to soliciting and using endorsements and blurbs
- Detailed instructions and resources for contacting book bloggers
- A special bonus section written specifically for new authors
No matter where you are in your author journey—traditionally published or self-published—you’ll find yourself returning to this guide again and again.
Scroll up now and order The Book Review Companion today.
***Updated 2020 Edition***
Save money, save time, protect your investment, and improve your marketing.
- Reference essential metadata details for ISBNs, barcodes, LCCNs, copyright.
- Avoid legal headaches, missed deadlines, and expensive fees.
- Learn how to publish as a professional, not an amateur.
- Protect your book’s hard-earned reader reviews.
- Ensure your freedom to use any book printer.
- Include your book in the directories used by major publishers.
- Keep your options open to use any book distributor.
- Prevent your advance reading copies from being re-sold online.
Your guide to professional self-publishing.
Scroll up now and order Register Your Book today.
“...proceed with confidence in spending your time and dollars to get it done right, the first time.” —Carla King, Self-Pub Boot Camp
“Straightforward and easy to digest, this is one how-to that every new author or publisher should have in their arsenal!" —Brooke Warner, Publisher of She Writes Press and author of Green-Light Your Book: How Writers Can Succeed in the New Era of Publishing
“An essential guide to publishing identifiers, their benefits and uses, and (most importantly) what NOT to do.” —Laura Dawson, Numerical Gurus