Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
The Deceiver's Heart (The Traitor's Game, Book 2) (2) Paperback – February 4, 2020
Enhance your purchase
Kestra Dallisor has finally gained possession of the Olden Blade. With the dagger in her control, she attempts to destroy the tyrannical Lord Endrick.
But when Kestra fails, the king strips her of her memory, and leaves her weak and uncertain, bound to obey him. Heartbroken, Simon is desperate to return Kestra to the rebel she was, but refuses to use magic to heal her. With untrusting Coracks and Halderians threatening to capture and kill her, and war looming on the horizon, Kestra and Simon will have to learn to trust each other again if they have any hope of surviving. But can a heart once broken ever be healed?
The Deceiver's Heart marks a stunning return to Jennifer A. Nielsen's gorgeously rendered world of Antora and all its treachery and magic.
About the Author
- Jennifer A. Nielsen is the acclaimed author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Ascendance Series: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne, The Captive Kingdom, and The Shattered Castle. She also wrote the New York Times bestseller The Traitor's Game and its sequels,The Deceiver's Heart, and The Warrior's Curse; the New York Times bestselling Mark of the Thief trilogy: Mark of the Thief, Rise of the Wolf, and Wrath of the Storm; the standalone fantasy The Scourge; and the critically acclaimed historical thrillers A Night Divided, Resistance, Words on Fire, Rescue, and Lines of Courage. Jennifer collects old books, loves good theater, and thinks that a quiet afternoon in the mountains makes for a nearly perfect moment. She lives in northern Utah with her family, and is probably sneaking in a bite of dark chocolate right now. You can visit her online at jennielsen.com or follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @nielsenwriter.
- Publisher : Scholastic Inc.; Reprint edition (February 4, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1338045423
- ISBN-13 : 978-1338045420
- Reading age : 12 years and up
- Grade level : 7 - 9
- Item Weight : 10.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.25 x 0.75 x 8.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #108,360 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The main problem was Simon for me. He was annoying at times the last book because he comes across as this dudebro who thinks he is always right and doesn't take others' thoughts or opinions into consideration. He is really selfish and obsessed with Kestra. That isn't love folks. Believing that your way is the only way and ignoring your partner's beliefs and opinions is majorly gross. He also can't accept her for who she is. He wants her to behave and be who *he* wants her to be. Again that isn't love and it's harmful for young women to believe it is. Also how fickle is he? Like c'mon? Another girl bats her eyes and shows interest and it's like, "Kestra who?" Like what? It just shows his love is as deep as the shallow end of a baby pool.
3 stars. Because while Simon is loathsome. I actually did enjoy the Kestra parts. I don't think I want to continue with this series. Frankly it's such a common trope of the chosen one that I can find another series to read. The angst and the obvious setup for a love triangle is so 2006. Just not interested in that nonsense.
Thanks to Edelweiss and Scholastic Press for the opportunity to read and review The Deceiver’s
Heart by Jennifer A. Nielsen!
Kestra is back with Lord Endrick and he wants her to be a spy by infiltrating the Corack rebellion. She refuses but Lord Endrick takes her memories to the point where she doesn’t even know who Simon is. Kestra is sent to kill Simon. Luckily, before Endrick took Kestra’s memories, she gave the Olden Blade to Basil to hide it from everyone including herself. Simon sees Kestra in his village and figures out that she doesn’t recognize him at all. Kestra is taken to the Blue Caves where her memories begin to be restored and she realizes what she’s supposed to do. Kestra and Simon seem to continuously be pulled apart by their circumstances, people around them or their separate missions. They love each other but everything is getting in their way. The two of them are running in circles and they’re surrounded by the kingdom’s chaos and rebellion. The ending leaves the story and their relationship wide open and left me anxious for the third book of this series, The Warrior’s Curse! Dynamic characters within a doomed kingdom build this great fantasy series, 5 stars!
Since it's so good, I had to start my review already!
_KESTRA!!!!! Such a strong girl , I feel as if I know her , as if we could be friends , she is ALIVE!
- It catches you from the first sentence.
-So many twists and plot turns that actually are able to be followed and although there is so much going on, it all keeps coming together in a clear way.
- The characters and the setting are very well developed. I feel a deep attachment to these characters.
Reading the book, I truly feel " sucked into the world".
I can see the sights, I can hear the sounds and I can smell the scent's of each chapter.
It's so vividly and beautifully crafted.
Will add more information once I finish the book .
Old kid’s read these books in a day. They could not put them down. My fav part was when my son had a call with all his friends and asked me how does he tell them he’d rather keep reading his book as of was that good!!