- File Size: 2808 KB
- Print Length: 702 pages
- Publisher: PSH Publishing (December 13, 2019)
- Publication Date: December 13, 2019
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B082RGTTG8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #270 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Devious Lies: A Standalone Enemies-to-Lovers Romance Kindle Edition
|Length: 702 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
- "A sizzling, chemistry-filled enemies-to-lovers romance, which is both crackaliciously addictive and angst-central. I couldn't get enough of Nash and Em. One of my favorite books of the year." - L.J. Shen, USA Today bestselling author
- "I devoured every delicious word of Devious Lies. Parker S. Huntington is not only a gifted writer, but a brilliant storyteller. Absolutely unforgettable." - Ava Harrison, USA Today bestselling author
- "A flawless sensation that captivated me from the start. A delicious twist of slow burning fire and seductive plotting. I was riveted...by the stunning writing and nonstop feels. I couldn't put this book down if I tried!" - Harloe Rae, USA Today bestselling author
- "Devious Lies is an epic romantic odyssey complete with wicked deception and betrayal that will leave you breathless, and intense chemistry you can feel crackling through every word Nash and Emery exchange. In the end, you will be left just as changed by their profound love story as they were." - Giana Darling, Amazon Bestselling Author
- "Devious Lies is a brilliant slow-burning, quick-witted, sinfully sexy, ingeniously cunning storyline, that will blow you away! Simply put its sensational, a literary work art!" - Queen Zany, Audio Loves
- "I'm still captivated by Parker S. Huntington's words and how she manages to make the pages flowing away without even realising. Devious Lies is an angsty and steamy story that everyone should read!" - Liana Reads Blog
- "One of my Top Reads for 2019! It was beautifully written with amazing insights and words so moving that I didn't want it to end!" - Keri Loves Books
- "A thoroughly addicting enemies-to-lovers romance that will stay with you long after you've finished. This story was completely unputdownable." - Living that Book Life
- "5 Devious Crowns... This story was completely Unputdownable. I was enraptured from the prologue until the very last word." - Musings of the Modern Belle
- "Dear God, what did I just read? Devious Lies is undoubtedly one of the best stories of 2019...left me totally captivated, obsessed with the characters, completely fascinated from beginning to end." - When Vane Reads
- "I am still reeling from all the jaw dropping emotions, breathtaking moments and pure perfection of Parker's words. An unbelievably complex and insanely beautiful romance that will claim your heart." - PP's Bookshelf
- "This is a must read enemies to lovers book. I loved the journey of Nash and Emery's story, it's a twisted tale of loss and hurt with steamy scenes in between." - Naughty Girls and Their Books
- "All the feels. The angst was off the charts. The chemistry was scorching. The alpha-hole attitude was on point. I loved everything about this book." - Pretty Little Book Things
- "Each word just completely devoured my soul! This is a book that is made to be devoured!" - Southern Vixens Book Obsessions
- "Amazing!" - Booked up with Lizzy
- "5 stars and it deserves much more... timeless poetry to me." - Diary of a young book reviewer
- "And that twist... gah, that twist! You don't see it coming until it's about to hit you in the face so remember to duck! Damn, it was a good book!" - G, Goodreads reviewer
- "I have so many feelings about this book. It's one for the logophiles, one for the pluviophile, one for the bibliophile... I highly recommend this read to everyone." - Kandace, Goodreads reviewer
- "I was captivated from the very first page... It's so beautiful!" - Jenifer, Goodreads reviewer
- "Wow...I was blown away. I cannot recommend this book highly enough." - Elizabeth, Goodreads reviewer
- "The author reminded me why I love reading... One of the best of 2019 and one of the best ever." - Ri, Goodreads Reviewer
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Emery was a girl that was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Her family had more money than they would ever need in several lifetimes. She grew up with her best friend and his family that worked around her family's estate. Then corruption tore her family apart and left her completely broke in more ways than one.
She's been struggling to keep her head above water all on her own. She's estranged from both her parents. Her best friend offers to get her a job working for his brother....the brother with whom she shares a past that she'd rather forget. Queue the sparks!!! Sexual tension will be sizzling right off the page.
First...I have a girl crush on Emery. She is quirky and a total rebel! She has no problem standing up for herself. She is self-sacrificing to a fault and loves big. I adored her. She has a brilliant mind and an incredible love for words. The girl can banter like the tiger that she is. And her pride, well she is not backing down...EVER!
Nash is a total JERK and I loved everything thing about him. He was filter-less and uninhibited when it came to telling people the truth. He was also incredibly intelligent and driven. He came from nothing and built his own empire. The man is beyond generous with his time and his money, but uses it as penance for the sins he needs to make right.
This was a favorite read of 2019! The writing was perfect! And YES...I can use that work in this instance because it totally applies. I wanted to devour the story because I needed to know how it ended but I wanted to slow it down because I did not want it to be over. These characters were everything that makes for a great story. The suspense and lies will keep you wondering. The chemistry will leave you hot and bothered! The love will make you swoon and and wish for a Nash of your very own.
Recommended reading for anyone who loves a strong alpha, a bit of suspense, witty banter, a slow burn with incredible chemistry and characters you'll never forget!
But I don’t want to give anything away for fear of spoilers - believe me, this story will consume you in such a fantastic way and leave you with a smile so big. I laughed, teared up, and found myself wanting to throw my kindle at times, because this story consumed me.
Nash is the burly, spite filled jerk that you love to hate - But he has a heart that is bigger than his ego.
Emery is the girl that raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, rebellion on her lips, and lies surrounding her
Together, they are fire. They’re banter is amazing and it was fantastic reading how they had a relationship before they even realized.
Betrayals and so many secrets surround the both of them - will they sink or will they rise above and thrive after everything is revealed.
In my opinion, Parker has become a queen of slow burn and suspense filled romances because of this story. I found myself slowing down on finishing because I didn’t want to see Nash and Emery’s story end. I will definitely be going back and reading again.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
While I won’t sharing too many details about the plot - it’s better if you let it all unravel naturally - I can tell you that the story follows Emery and Nash, starting back when Emery was 15 and Nash 25. Emery comes from a wealthy family and lived in a gilded cage for most of her life, crushing on Nash’s brother while being his friend. Nash is the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks, moody, broody, and jaded from a young age. He sees the love that Emery has for his brother, and assumes that someday things will work out for them. What he doesn’t expect is for Emery to sneak into his room at night and unknowingly alter the relationship between the three of them in a major way. There’s no going back from that night, so Emery and Nash’s already strained relationship winds up in tatters. Fast-forward a few years and they’re reunited, only the tables have turned and the dynamics have once again shifted.
This is absolutely engrossing with a complex, slightly twisted relationship that goes through so many changes throughout the course of the book. The chemistry was sizzling, the tension almost unbearable, and the emotion easy to feel. Don’t start this one unless you intend to get sucked in for hours, because this is one book you won’t be able to put down. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC via Social Butterfly PR (then purchased it for my collection), and am voluntarily leaving a review of this gripping, emotional romance.
Top international reviews
What wasn’t so good - first 30% was a bore fest! In fact every part where Emery and Nash are not directly speaking to each other either in person or via the app is a bore fest! The author thinks she’s writing poetically or whimsically but infact it’s just majorly dull.
Mehr zu Hause bei der Bedienstetenfamilie als bei ihrer eigenen, fällt die verwöhnte Emery beim betrügerischen Konkurs ihres Vaters in ein tiefes Loch. Umso mehr, als Hunderte deswegen ihren Lebensunterhalt verlieren und auch sie dafür verantwortlich gemacht wird. Nach Jahren begegnet sie dem älteren Sohn der Angestelltenfamilie wieder, der unterdessen ein Vermögen gemacht hat und sie am Tod seines Vaters für mitschuldig hält.
Intensiv, gut geschrieben und wortreich, einfach aussergewöhnlich.
The banter between these two is electric.
Emery’s quirks really bring her character to life.
Highly recommend this book.