Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
iOS is Apple's mobile operating system for the iPhone and iPad. With the introduction of iOS5, many security issues have come to light. This book explains and discusses them all. The award-winning author team, experts in Mac and iOS security, examines the vulnerabilities and the internals of iOS to show how attacks can be mitigated. The book explains how the operating system works, its overall security architecture, and the security risks associated with it, as well as exploits, rootkits, and other payloads developed for it.
- Covers iOS security architecture, vulnerability hunting, exploit writing, and how iOS jailbreaks work
- Explores iOS enterprise and encryption, code signing and memory protection, sandboxing, iPhone fuzzing, exploitation, ROP payloads, and baseband attacks
- Also examines kernel debugging and exploitation
- Companion website includes source code and tools to facilitate your efforts
iOS Hacker's Handbook arms you with the tools needed to identify, understand, and foil iOS attacks.
State-of-the-Art Software Security Testing: Expert, Up to Date, and Comprehensive
The Art of Software Security Testing delivers in-depth, up-to-date, battle-tested techniques for anticipating and identifying software security problems before the “bad guys” do.
Drawing on decades of experience in application and penetration testing, this book’s authors can help you transform your approach from mere “verification” to proactive “attack.” The authors begin by systematically reviewing the design and coding vulnerabilities that can arise in software, and offering realistic guidance in avoiding them. Next, they show you ways to customize software debugging tools to test the unique aspects of any program and then analyze the results to identify exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Tips on how to think the way software attackers think to strengthen your defense strategy
- Cost-effectively integrating security testing into your development lifecycle
- Using threat modeling to prioritize testing based on your top areas of risk
- Building testing labs for performing white-, grey-, and black-box software testing
- Choosing and using the right tools for each testing project
- Executing today’s leading attacks, from fault injection to buffer overflows
- Determining which flaws are most likely to be exploited by real-world attackers